Livingston - all the threads merged

Guest strathbrock
I think that the original £150k is still being disputed by Massone as he argues that it should fall to Flynn to pay it. Due dilligence rears it's ugly head again but he argues that the rent should be paid in advance and not in arrears. The bill about to drop is for the last year which is supposed to have a payment plan and Massone has been paying it on time apart from the last one which was a few days late.

I'm not apologising for him, just pointing out where the confusion is coming from :)

I read it as the bill for next year will drop, not the bill for last year. From what is written in the Scotsman report the council are saying that by 30th June the club have to produce evidence that they can meet all other outstanding obligations to the council and that regular payments due in that period will be met at agreed dates. How that will all be interpreted I do not know. Might it even be that the evidence they are looking for is in the form of an unbounceable cheque or a suitcase of money. For the life of me I can't conceive of what other evidence they could produce given that they had to depend on the cash from the cut price sale of two of their better players to meet the rent payment on 12th May and outstanding player wages going back 6 weeks.

Many posts on here are well thought out and, even if I do not agree with every one of their specific points, worthy of much of my respect.

That rationale, however, is utter f***ing bollocks.

IMO, of course.

just hurry up and f**k off to Division 3 and let Airdrie and ourselves get on with playing in Division 1 next season ;):P

Yes that makes sense and I appreciate you taking the time to write it all. I can understand how supporters of established clubs can look down their noses at Livi given what the folk who run the club have got up to in the past but snide comments and put downs are a lot easier to do than offer your kind of constructive advice.

I'm like most fans who just want to go along on a Saturday and watch the team. I really don't want to get involved in the politics of it all but if a group (Trust, Supporters club, couple of mouthy fans) find a way of making things uncomfotable for the chairman I'd like to think I'd join in.

that's what we all want. Thing is, when you become nothing more than a vehicle to transport crooks and asset strippers who see the support as little more than sheep to be used for their own ends, and not blessed with the brains to see what they are really all about, then its time to test the water and find out if collectively, you are worthy of a better future in which you have some say and governance. Hells bells, you are the paying customers. You need to set out what your expectations are in order that the club can relieve you off your money. If it amounts to turning a blind eye to ethical and moral wrongdoing in exchange for an exalted league position or perhaps a but of asset stripping, then ok, that is your collective choice, and that choice will be reflected in how your club is seen by other supporters and those impacted by those morally and ethically compromised choices.

As it stands, you are the people who gave the permission for Keane to do what he did, Flynn to do what he did, and Massone to do what he is doing now. Some of you are questioning it, but you need to ask yourself if it is being done in a focussed manner. Forums are great, but a few words to express unhappiness on LiviLions isn't going to cut the mustard I'm afraid.

Currently, your topman is treating the supporters, the staff and the taxpayers of Livingston and WL with complete and utter disdain. There is also a distinct possibility that he's testing our criminal laws too..........time and a few more court cases will soon determine that. Until you guys stop him, he'll keep pushing the limits of what is acceptable. He's lied to you from the get-go. That tells you where you feature in his list of priorities. It's up to you guys to figure out where his behaviour features in yours. Those kind of decisions will ensure you get the club you deserve.......good or bad.

Edited by Guest

Massone must go! He is not the right Chairman to be running Livingston FC end of!

Yeh, thats getting pretty old now, everywhere i look, your always there saying Massone must go!

Why dont you step away from the computer, and head down to the club to voice your concerns?

Guest pollokfan09
Yeh, thats getting pretty old now, everywhere i look, your always there saying Massone must go!

Why dont you step away from the computer, and head down to the club to voice your concerns?

MASSONE IS KILLING LIVINGSTON FC

SACK THE BOARD OR LIVI WILL DIE BECAUSE OF MASSONE REMEMBER THE CELTIC BOARD IN THE 90's

I have told him! :rolleyes:

Their website

.....in the process of upgrading our website with our hosts
Oh deary me and a brief message says
We would like to extend an invitation to all Supporters, Trust Members and Friends of Livingston Football Club to join with Chairman, Angelo Massone, Liz Franchi, Tommaso Angelini and staff of the club at a Livingston FC Supporters Meeting on Thursday 21st May 2009 in the Almondvale Suite at 7pm

Meeting hence to be known as a wake?

Clicky

Selling corsa 1.0L 12v, 62000 miles, w reg 2000

colour is burgandy/red, car is in perfect working order and just before i got it a few months ago had a full engine clean by a trained mechanic. no tax or mot but something can be sorted out.

pm me for more details or offer

Edited by eksaint

fiat punto 53 plate

30,000 miles

crystal green colour

no mot at moment but hardly used since last one due to company car(would get it mot`d for buyer)

electric windows,central locking,power steering and city steering(one finger power steering)

kenwood face off stereo with usb/ipod connection

four new tyres

£1800 without mot

£2000 with mot

anyone interested can pm me

ta

Their website Oh deary me and a brief message says

Meeting hence to be known as a wake?

Clicky

I hope he is wearing his teflon coated suit because there will be a few folk there asking rather awkward questions. Can't wait to see how he handles them. :guns

Mind you he reportedly has a habit of suddenly having problems understanding English at random moments. Can be handy as a deflective measure if you can't think of an answer. :angry:

I hope he is wearing his teflon coated suit because there will be a few folk there asking rather awkward questions. Can't wait to see how he handles them. :guns

Mind you he reportedly has a habit of suddenly having problems understanding English at random moments. Can be handy as a deflective measure if you can't think of an answer. :angry:

Did anyone read that Liz Franchi's postings on this meeting? It was the most vapid, sanctimonious and patronizing twaddle I've read in a long time. Only livingston seems capable of breeding an audience happy to swallow guff like that.

Personally, I reckon your website was/is down due to non payment of the bill. The meeting on Thursday will involve every one with an Italian surname (even the ex chip shop manageress has an Italian name it seems) making the right kind of patronizing noises that will have 50% of the audience wetting themselves in excitement as they will be told what they want to hear, and will believe every word of it. There will be the phrases "cash flow issues", and "Rome wasn't built in a day" and "we are working to give you the club you deserve". There will be some ultra patronizing stuff in reserve such as "you are special" and "we have grown to love this town".

There will be sombre faces regarding anything to do with Hegarty's shameful treatment, and "it's with our lawyers so we can say nothing" and "one day you will hear the truth" as well as "anything bad about us is rubbish".

There will be "no comment" about his personal brushes with the law other than "he is innocent".

The magic words of them working on a "major investment that will make us the AC Milan of Scotland is not far away" should feature prominently.

The purchase of the stadium will be only a few weeeks away but it will be slow because the council will not give it to them for 1p, and are wanting silly clauses about buy back in place which is slowing it all up.

Wage payment will have never been an issue.

Griffiths........no need to sell for less than 2 million.

51% will leave the meeting with their fears allayed.

It'll go to shit a week or so later.

Punters will complain on LiviLions.

Massone will call a meeting a week or two later.

51% will leave the meeting with their fears allayed.

Round and round it goes.

The only thing Massone is buying is time.....

Asset stripping will continue unchecked. Mind you, once Griffiths is gone (and the cash moved overseas), and a stadium steal doesn't look likely, Mr Administrator is welcome to take the reins any time he likes.

Edited by Guest

And Mr. Administrator will then hand over the club to the trust. Our ignorance wins :rolleyes:

Once Griffiths goes there won't be anything to hand over. An administrator needs something to work with. The longer this goes on its more likely to be Mr Liquidator. :(

And Mr. Administrator will then hand over the club to the trust. Our ignorance wins :rolleyes:

The galling bit is that a significant chunk of the support wouldn't bat an eye if the club went into administration again and debts went unpaid. In such a situation (a club entering administration in little over 5 years with creditors getting something like 3p in the pound last time round, and no league or points penalties applied), then really, in a competitive league environment, Livingston shouldn't be able to hold on to SFL1 status at the expense of another club who haven't indulged in such financial mis-management.

If it happens, it really needs to be a watershed moment in what the SFL accepts as fit and proper behaviour from its member clubs. Coming into existance and casting aside creditors is one thing. Running up unmanagable debt in less than 10 years to get to the SPL was quite another.

To have the slate wiped clean only five short years ago, and then proceed to run up unmanageable debt yet again and then run for hills to once more get the administrators to get that debt written off would simply have to be seen as some sort of ethical line being crossed.

Lets hope that it doesn't come to that, and this time, Livingston pay what they owe. If I were a West Lothian ratepayer, I think I'd also be taking more than a passing interest in what my council is up to in the weeks ahead.

It's certainly not forgotten, on my part anyway. As I've said elsewhere, the removal of Greame Robertson will be something this club will regret for a long, long time.

Maybe he did youth player contracts? :(

Interesting you say that. The last comment on the thread relating to Hegarty was two weeks ago, and the current "live" thread wrt management seems to be who you'd like as your next manager. As I said, the Livingston support seem to be increasingly de-sensitized to just about everything that is a negative, and quickly return to topics like the next manager, or the squad for next season. There never seems to be a "straw that breaks the camel's back" in terms of what the support will tolerate. It really is weird.

Having said that, with season tickets falling from 4,000(?) in 2003, to something like 120 today, (maybe 300 or 400 or so by the time the new season comes along) then perhaps all that is left is those who don't really care too much about what goes on behind the scenes.

Take along someone who speaks Italian perhaps. Then he'd look like a right fool.

Supporter,

We are currently in the process of upgrading our website with our hosts. We ask you to be patient while we complete the work.

I'm not sure if by "Supporter" they are trying to personalise this, or is there only one supporter they know of?

Edited by Chuckinho