Livingston - all the threads merged

14 minutes ago, LiviLion00 said:

Livingston website deleted the post they made about signing Cameron Blues from Falkirk on a two year deal. I seen it this morning and now it’s nowhere to be seen. What do you think of this signing? Was really hoping we could sign some proven SPL players but hasn’t been the case yet. Plenty time to go though I suppose. 

I'd rather we found decent young lads and gave them a shot. The only proven SPL players that we could afford will be the ones that no one else wants and are old and crap! We didn't sign 'seasoned' championship players when promoted last year and did ok. Also, Hartson for manager.

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
45 minutes ago, LiviLion00 said:
Livingston website deleted the post they made about signing Cameron Blues from Falkirk on a two year deal. I seen it this morning and now it’s nowhere to be seen. What do you think of this signing? Was really hoping we could sign some proven SPL players but hasn’t been the case yet. Plenty time to go though I suppose. 

Would be an absolutely bizzarre signing. We havent seen loads of him but for me he isnt good enough for us never mind a league up. Presumably Miller and Sibbs will have had a say in this and will be more clued up on the lads potential but he is pretty lightweight and pretty plodding for me. Think Mark Kerr but without the good attributes.

From what I can remember of what the website said before it was deleted, he was prob going to be sent out on loan and then given some game time next season, don't think he was being signed to play this season. Said he had plenty of potential about him.

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'm not privy to the situation but I find it surprising that he left without a job very much secured. The club did mention personal reasons in the statement but for me, that doesn't tally with being in the running for other clubs.

Really only Doncaster left now.

He's been ruled out of the running for the Doncaster job...maybe his plan backfired a wee bit

52 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

From what I can remember of what the website said before it was deleted, he was prob going to be sent out on loan and then given some game time next season, don't think he was being signed to play this season. Said he had plenty of potential about him.

Yeah I did see that they have an option to send him on loan hopefully he is sent out gets game time and comes back a solid player next year or even January. 

From the outside looking in all the momentum built up at the end of the season looks like going away no manager announced yet and players going elsewhere after the play off win and getting decent crowds in the games the club seemed to be on a high

10 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Neil Alexander has joined United as goalkeeping coach.

f**k you

Interested to see if we bring in someone good enough to fill his shoes or if that makes Kelly our #1 choice.

Think that just leaves Halkett and Cadden as the first team players with nothing confirmed yet?

Edited by LiviLion

If Dundee United have offered a better deal, that's fine but it is very hard to see any further than the manager issue at the moment. Alexander was so important in the defence improving last year, I do not have the same confidence in Kelly based on what we saw in League 1. 

Just as a bit of context on how long it has been, tomorrow is a month since the play-off final 2nd leg. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

This article here suggests that he was more than happy to sign up for another year. I can't help but feel that the managerial situation has directly influenced his decision now.

If Craig Halkett signs up now, I'll be amazed. Mental that it's been a month more or less since it was pretty obvious we'd be looking for a new manager this summer, and there's not really been much movement until now.

I like Liam Kelly but he's not a Premiership goalkeeper. Sorry if that offends a few, but I can't see how in a year where he's played no games he's improved from what he was in League 1.