Livingston - all the threads merged

19 hours ago, KingKachloul said:

I'd imagine that Menga is away, haven't seen anything of him in the content put out by the club. Would also like to see Hamilton go out on loan again.

Good to see that we are getting a bit of depth considering last season we only really had one option. 

I actually thought he would have been av more than adequate replacement for Lawless - turn of speed; chips in a few goals and a confident penalty taker?

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Goalkeepers

1. Ross Stewart - 2021

30. Brian Schwake - 2021 (?)

40. Gary Maley - 2021

Robby McCrorie - 2021

Defenders

2. Nicky Devlin - 2021 (1 year extension option)

4. Alan Lithgow - 2021

5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023

14. Hakeem Odoffin - 2021

21. Jack McMillan - 2022

25. Efe Ambrose - 2021

27. Jon Guthrie - 2021 (1 year extension option)

29. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 2021

Cece Pepe - 2021 (1 year extension option)

Midfielders

6. Marvin Bartley - 2022

7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022

8. Scott Pittman - 2021

10. Craig Sibbald - 2022

16. Robbie Crawford - 2021

33. Steve Lawson - 2021

39. Carlo Pignatiello - 2021(?)

Forwards

9. Lyndon Dykes - 2022

11. Alan Forrest - 2022

15. Matej Poplatnik - 2022 (1 year extension option)

17. Scott Robinson - 2021

19. Salim Kouider-Aissa - 2022 (1 year extension option)

20. Aymen Souda - 2021 (1 year extension option)

22. Scott Tiffoney - 2021(?)

23. Raffaele De Vita - 2021

24. Dolly Menga - 2021(?)

38. Jack Hamilton - 2022

In

Jack Fitzwater - West Bromich Albion

Alan Forrest - Ayr United

Salim Kouider-Aissa - Queen's Park

Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan)

Matej Poplatnik - Kerala Blasters

Out

Ciaron Brown - Cardiff (Loan Return)

Chris Erskine - Contract Expired

Craig Henderson - Contract Expired

Ricki Lamie - Motherwell

Steven Lawless - Contract Expired

Ryan Schofield - Huddersfield (Loan Return)

Updated with Kouider-Aissa confirmation.

30 players in the first team squad (if you include Schwake and Pignatiello) is some size. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Stewart, Pepe and De Vita all leave, with Tiffoney away on loan. Beyond that, filled with options quite capable of playing in the first XI (Odoffin and the ‘keepers excepted).

3 hours ago, Afro said:

30 players in the first team squad (if you include Schwake and Pignatiello) is some size

I was thinking exactly the same when I read that. 

There must be room for a wee bit of trimming you would think?

Was really surprised at just how many forward players are on Livi books.

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

I was thinking exactly the same when I read that. 

There must be room for a wee bit of trimming you would think?

Was really surprised at just how many forward players are on Livi books.

We only really had one forward last season, the rest are attacking mids imo, that will do a decent enough job when needed up front but wont score many goals. Think Robbo only scores against Celtic, absolute beauty in our 2-0 win over them too. 

Looking forward to seeing how our 2 new strikers get on, but really hoping Dykes will still be here, at least up until Xmas time, just to give us a good boost for the season.

On paper there's seven out and only five in so numbers are slightly smaller but the potential lack of a reserves league is a challenge.

In the event that we follow other leagues examples we'll be permitted nine substitutes on the bench per game; given also that there are now probably at least four players long term injured or unlikely to get a first team place; it doesn't seem so far over the top.

Including loan returns (Stewart; Schwake; Pignatiello; De Vita; Tiffoney & Hamilton) and not counting McCrorie coming back, it's 10 in and 6 out. 

Agree with your point on a larger squad being needed for this season but I think at 26, we were already in a pretty good place. Imagine some guys will go out on loan/permanently when the lower leagues restart.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Strikers and defenders wise we seem adequately covered, midfield is overflowing but when you separate them into defensive mids/wingers/attacking mids then it looks better spread. Still needing another keeper though, because Stewart isn't going to be competing with McCrorie for a starting place, and i'd rather have competition for the GK position, esp when McCrorie wont be playing against his parent club. 

11 hours ago, crispy said:

The, ahem, Sun reporting, “LIVINGSTON have been dealt a blow after Steve Lawson broke his foot.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5811428/livingston-steve-lawson-six-weeks-break-foot/

Hmmmm

About three lines about Steve Lawson and the rest of the article about some guy from the rangers recommending Steven Lawless to Burton

Ciaran Brown coming back to us on loan according to this article.  https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-cardiff-starlet-ciaron-brown-livingston-bound

Plenty competition in defence anyway, Brown and Guthrie were a good partnership, and his long throw ins are worth a few goals.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Cheers for the fixture news, folks.

Prior to Ciaron Brown returning last season I wouldn’t have been too excited but if he does come back then I’d be pleased. It’s shaping up to be a solid squad in the aforementioned Livi ‘Poundland Recruitment’ mould.