Livingston - all the threads merged

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Seems he spent most of his time as an attacking mid with spells on the wings, so if he signs I fully expect him to feature all across the front 3 like Nouble, and Forrest/JET to a lesser extent.

The next Dolly Menga/Aymen Souda IMO.

Souda's step overs and Dolly's burst of pace, only hopefully with an end product, getting the ball over to Anderson. As much as i loved Dolly with his headless chicken mazy runs, very few of them produced goals, and Souda could be frustrating to watch too.

I thought Souda was decisive. He matched Menga's league goals total in just that single match away to St Mirren. His problem was he couldn't get in the team as it already had a wide playmaker in Lawless. Also regarding Souda, I'm confident this will be the same French agent that's brought Bahamboula to Martindale's attention as both players followed similar career paths to North Africa, Bulgaria and Romania prior to coming to UK. Martindale spoke early last year of having to stop using that agent and the Swiss-based one due to Brexit restrictions and that did hold up the Diani loan transfer at the time. Now that the dust has settled, though, post-Brexit restrictions actually seem to be less stringent than before. Signing a Russian as we did with Konovalov would've been impossible under the previous restrictions.

Edited by FreedomFarter

Looks like Martindale is happy with the squad if/when we get this Congolese winger signed up.  Hopefully he gives a fair chance to Hamilton this season.  I'd have preferred to see Kabia stay and fight for his place, but I'd take Hamilton chipping in with 5 or so goals from the bench this season.

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Might be one more  addition yet, sure he said there was 2 more signings he was looking to make. Squad is looking pretty good though, particularly if Max and Fitz stay, reckon we're stronger than we were last season.

Fitz in particular would make us a lot stronger. Without him, we're using 2 of Obileye, Parkes, Boyes, Cancar, which I'm not fully confident on at this point

With all the new signing it looks like we've strengthened the team, rather than the usual, struggling to replace a ton of players in previous seasons. A few big powerful looking players in defence, midfield and attack too, giving us something a bit different. We're used to small midfielders and attacking wingers, really looking forward to this season, it could be our best yet (since we've come back up).

Rumoured that Jake Hastie has been told he will be moved on from Hartlepool. Worth a punt from us? Young player who came in with a bang, ruined in typical OF fashion chasing money instead of first team experience and has lost his way a little. 

Another potential attacking option could see Killie or upper championship being his level for first team but could be a good back-up. 

Martindale expecting no further business in after Bahamboula joins. 

Healthy squad of 25 if Kabia leaves and Hamilton re-signs. Will be interesting to see if Clark goes out on loan again or if Martindale uses him in the squad.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Also a goalkeeper Josh Hurst.

I wonder if they got to go instead of Parkes and Penrice who were apparently touch and go for fitness.

Penrice is over there, he's posted a picture on his instagram of his balcony 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Gallagher going to St Mirren? A shame, I’d take him. Although we’ve got far too many CBs already

Had a good first season at Motherwell then seems to have got progressively worse after that. When he was at Livi i think Halkett was a calming influence on him.

Hearing rumours Sunderland enquiring about Bruce Anderson. Hope this is shite.Really can't afford to lose him after Forrest and Bailey. We're gonna be tested here.If he goes our striking options will be devastated imo.Only Hamilton as a recognised striker puts the fear in we.Of course if its shite,disregard this post.

6 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Hearing rumours Sunderland enquiring about Bruce Anderson. Hope this is shite.Really can't afford to lose him after Forrest and Bailey. We're gonna be tested here.If he goes our striking options will be devastated imo.Only Hamilton as a recognised striker puts the fear in we.Of course if its shite,disregard this post.

If he leaves it's for similar money to Dykes IMO. Getting 1.5-2m in for us would give us a good whack to bring in one or two strikers to replace him. I imagine Martindale always has a backup option ready to go if one of our players are sold

19 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

The thing with Bruce potentially leaving is it'll bring in a good bit of money which we can use to replace him as he still has 2 years left on his deal. We'd be looking at Dykes money for him and it would further prove the club is moving in the right direction. Ideally he stays a while longer and signs a cheeky wee extension