Livingston - all the threads merged

Anyone going along to a meeting to tell Massone what he has to do to save the club is wasting their breath. With so much owed not only to the Council but to HMRC, the club's finished. Anyone that takes that sort of debt on in partnership with the Italian and try and keep the club going is either as crooked as he is or will be arriving at Almondvale on the window licker's bus.

The fellow Gemmell was a "director" at Morton for a while just before Scott put us in Administration. The guy was on the front page of the Greenock Tele promising a 20,000 seater stadium.

RataMan, are you sure that it is the same Andy Gemmell that was at Morton & owned "The Trophy Room" pub in Greenock - I'm not saying that itin't, I'm just not sure?

Red diesel too i bet

the cad

[Pedantry]Actually there's nothing illegal about using red diesel to power a generator. Red diesel is only illegal to use in a vehicle running on public roads.[/Pedantry]

The fellow Gemmell was a "director" at Morton for a while just before Scott put us in Administration. The guy was on the front page of the Greenock Tele promising a 20,000 seater stadium.

I could be (and probably am) wrong but I think you might be getting mixed up with Steve Morgon. As far as I can remember Gemmell was on the board at the same time as John Wilson during the late 80's/early 90's.

I'm not sure if he was still a director when Scott bought Wilson's shares.

RataMan, are you sure that it is the same Andy Gemmell that was at Morton & owned "The Trophy Room" pub in Greenock - I'm not saying that itin't, I'm just not sure?

It is the same guy.

Edited by theoceanfloor

OK I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

Just one thing to say at present. I'm ashamed of a lot of you. As you are well aware a fan on any club commits a lot of investment in that club. There are people on these boards who have been with Meadowbank and now Livingston. The real fans know there is no year zero but that without the move Meadowbank would have folded under roughly the same circumstances as what Livingston are facing now.

The fans have be passionate about what Massone has been doing or not doing all season. Many of us know friends who work for the club who had not been getting paid on time. The players and their families also talk to us as they know who we are and the passion we have for our team.

We haven't be getting the truth from Massone's mouth, but we knew what it was. And we'll do all we can to keep our club.

You may hate us, we don't care. That's football. We are Livi and Livi til we die.

Leave off the sanctimonious shite, I have it on good authority that only 9 Meadowbank Thistle fans went to support your franchise. <_<

Get your shoes at the ready!

200px-Gravedancing.PNG

Leave off the sanctimonious shite, I have it on good authority that only 9 Meadowbank Thistle fans went to support your franchise. <_<

200px-Gravedancing.PNG

It is a long distance to travel for home games.

200px-Gravedancing.PNG

How do you know this? How does anyone know this? It is completely impossible to measure.

[Pedantry]Actually there's nothing illegal about using red diesel to power a generator. Red diesel is only illegal to use in a vehicle running on public roads.[/Pedantry]

I was alluding to the fact that it's VAT free rather than a criminal activity

OK I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

Just one thing to say at present. I'm ashamed of a lot of you. As you are well aware a fan on any club commits a lot of investment in that club. There are people on these boards who have been with Meadowbank and now Livingston. The real fans know there is no year zero but that without the move Meadowbank would have folded under roughly the same circumstances as what Livingston are facing now.

The fans have be passionate about what Massone has been doing or not doing all season. Many of us know friends who work for the club who had not been getting paid on time. The players and their families also talk to us as they know who we are and the passion we have for our team.

We haven't be getting the truth from Massone's mouth, but we knew what it was. And we'll do all we can to keep our club.

You may hate us, we don't care. That's football. We are Livi and Livi til we die.

Clap trap - Meadowbank were on the back foot because of a change in way the whole club was being run - from sensible and conservative governance to outlandish and personality driven mismanagement. The conclusion of this was the death and franchising out to LIvingston with the same regime at the helm - and the start of the financial problems which will be concluding very shortly.

The fans did put a bid in to buy Bill Hunter's controlling stake in 1994 for approximately £80k - more he had put in 1-2 years earlier - and a significant improvement on the then current value of the club but this was turned down. Had that bid been successful, the organisation and financing of the club would have been corrected, and a return to a long term sustainable 3rd football club in Edinburgh would have ensued. Now that's ambition! However one may want to describe spening money you don't have and cannot pay back, it cannot be described as ambition.

Now you mention the Meadowbank fans who followed the club upto 1995, and then went to watch LIvingston. This is an interesting subset that includes LLD, of whom I asked some questions of in post 3095 (http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93208&view=findpost&p=3542882) but never got an answer.

If LLD or anyone else is on.. can you try to answer the questions please? I would be interested in how you feel now as opposed to the 1993 to 1995 period. THe questions were...

(You will) recognise the fall out and falling of standards and governance in the running of the operation from around 1991 to 1995, and the much much worsening of the financial mis-management in 14 years since 1995? If it has been run without scruples for the last 14 years, what has made you stick around with Livi and not walkaway?

"If we can get rid of Massone and start again..." - why not walk away now and help out LIvingston Juniors, and implement the priniciples of the Trust's philosophy and business case there now? How many "start again" situations are needed? How much local and central government tax payers cash needs to be invested in Stadium and written off/refinanced? How many mores rounds of Administration and "debt write offs" need to be incurred by the businesses and suppliers to Livingston FC, beofre this experiment can stop? 1? 2? 3? 4? 5? 6? 7?

What was foreseen by the Thistle Action Group, The Thistle fanzine and the vast majority of Meadowbank Thistle fans about the almost inevitable pipe-dream and consequential crash that may be on the verge of happening, that you did not see then, have not seen over the last 14 years, but now see today?

Thanks.

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

LiviLions members all give the game away by the number of punters who call people by their full name (deferential respect), their Christian name (I am aligned with the owner), or surname (I don't like him anymore). I see the chap from Cowdenbeath has been referred to by his Christian name alone by someone.........the love is growing.

Dom became Dominic which became Dominic Keane which became Keane. The same for Pearse....you know the rest.

:lol:

Having saw the pictures of him taken outside the stadium yesterday I can confirm it is indeed the same guy.

200px-Gravedancing.PNG

It couldn't have been much more than that! I wonder what pipe dream these Judas b*****ds will buy into (and jinx) now!!

I was alluding to the fact that it's VAT free rather than a criminal activity

Fair doo's. I thought you were getting at the fact that Massone has flouted every other rule in the book so may as well make the most of red diesel too ;)

"Like most football clubs, LFC has not been immune to pressures. We have endured many attempts to close us down, sidestepped many tactics to sabotage our games, constant threats of administration."

What does he mean by the bit in bold?

"Like most football clubs, LFC has not been immune to pressures. We have endured many attempts to close us down, sidestepped many tactics to sabotage our games, constant threats of administration."

Enemies of the club have been trying to prevent Livi from performing.

Or as you and I know it

Opposition teams have been winning against them, this preventing Champions League football in the immediate future as confidently predicted by the balloon.

I'd like to know what he means by that - maybe that was Hegarty - trying to sabotage games? Not very good at it - they won a few with him in charge. Maybe Massone noticed his sabotage techniques and put a stop to them. That's why Heagrty was given the heave (for reasons that are still not disclosed)

Everyone is against him & he upsets no-one :rolleyes:

Guest zupa

Now lets be positive, can anyone think of anything positive about Livingston F.C. ? .

Its near that big shopping centre maybe ? .

No its a struggle.