Livingston - all the threads merged

Have they gone under yet, or will this one run for as long as the Gretna saga, with emergency meetings being held in hotels, and one 'final deadline' after another coming and going for about 6 months, while an appointed administrator lines their fcuking pockets? Meanwhile Livvy's long line of creditors whistle in the wind for their cash?

It's all so sadly familiar. All joking aside, my money is indeed on a long list of 'final, final, final crunch talks and meetings' - while the best option is a quick bullet to the back of the head.

St Mirren should make an offer for the filled-in corners of Almondvale, and we could transport them to FeegieField. We could do with some filled-in corners.

Edited by pozbaird

Have they gone under yet, or will this one run for as long as the Gretna saga, with emergency meetings being held in hotels, and one 'final deadline' after another coming and going for about 6 months, while an appointed administrator lines their fcuking pockets? Meanwhile Livvy's long line of creditors whistle in the wind for their cash?

It's all so sadly familiar. All joking aside, my money is indeed on a long list of 'final, final, final crunch talks and meetings' - while the best option is a quick bullet to the back of the head.

St Mirren should make an offer for the filled-in corners of Almondvale, and we could transport them to FeegieField. We could do with some filled-in corners.

Aye. But they're not Livvys to sell.

Aye. But they're not Livvys to sell.

If the Cooncil' are owed £280,000 then they'll surely entertain us making an offer for some filled-in corners? Say £25,000, a packet of Hubba Bubba, two penny caramels and Mo Camara?

Great post.

Let's not forget that Meadowbank played in the Commonwealth Stadium, cold. draughty and the fans were miles from the pitch. A hundred and some fans tops, mostly students supporting the "wee" team in Edinburgh while they were staying there.

And, lets not forget Clyde, who moved further than Meadowbank did. Although there wasn't a name change, no-one ever got on their case.

The fans were miles from the pitch - ahh those would be the ones watching from behind the fence after being banned for protesting about the whole Livi thing and highlighting it was be an unsustainable dream.

Admittedly, you have the mother of arguements - Meadowbank being a "draughty" stadium. You have made me see the light and I now realise that it is essential to have a football club in the SFL that for a period of 14 years continuously over spends, cannot pay it bills, and not attract fans to cover the bills, rather than have a well run club that lived within its means in a "draughty" stadium which didn't t rely on administration, that paid stadium rents on time (and not a year in arrears), paid players, didn't have creditors in the lurch.

Mind you though. One thing that could have been done with all that "draughty"-ness. Erect a wind generator and get some electricity produced to supply Meadowbank Stadium and local businesses and residents.

If only Livingston was as "draughty" as Meadowbank - maybe then Livingston could have built a wind farm, turned power supplier, and made Scottish Power a paying customer as opposed to a creditor!

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

"ideas for after we are saved"

My idea? They should all just wake up and realise that the saving bit was just a dream.

Does anyone have any idea what happened to the Griffiths money? If it wasn't arrested, then it would have to have been transferred from Dundee FC via an intermediary, and then on to (I presume) Massone. Does anyone know : 1) How this was done 2) Where the money has gone. There appears to be 200k that has gone awol if you include the other transfer money, and the league payment.

There was (is) a sum of money in the Lotto jackpot fund. I presume that Massone and Franchi cannot get near this?

Edited by Guest

I cannot believe you just wrote that!

You are the most sanctimonious wankrag on this forum...

Let's see:

Livi = Bad 'cause they moved and changed their name.

QotS = Good 'cause their amalgamations happened too long ago for anyone to remember.

Airdrie = Bad 'cause they did over poor old Clydebank (and the fans are c***s!)

Clydebank = good 'cause they're a plucky old team.....despite using their inherited fan power to cruise through the Juniors at the cost of others and fucking over the 'shire.

AFC Wimbledon = good 'cause...see above.

ICT = good 'cause...well just 'cause...despite the amalgamation.

Stirling = good 'cause their a plucky little outfit despite screwing Kings Park.

MK Dons = bad 'cause they moved and changed their name.

Listen fella, the football world is merely going through a period of change. This has happened before and will happen again. You are simply applying your "moral"criteria which you believe fits the populus model. That does not make your opinion right.

I never really liked Livingston, but there are a generation of fans who have grown up with them as their team. I hope if they do go under, that these people are not lost to football. I sure the more cynical older fans of Livingston, will never be back.

Now, KFTS, I've said it before, and I'll say it again....why not f**k off and bore some Englanders about your shitey non-league outfit. They might even respect what you say!

Hello Paedo - long time no see. Let me just enlighten you ;) :-

Livi - bad because they moved against the will of the Meadowbank fans that capaigned against the move. Consecutive owners have spent way beyond their means.

QOS - formed after WW1 when there was not enough men who survived the war to keep both teams going. The amalgamation happened by agreement and all interested parties made the decision democratically at a meeting. The name of the new club was also voted on.

Airdrie United - exist because their Chairman bought another club's league place. They have a minority of fans who like to wave union flags and dress up in KKK or nazi uniforms. They also have a fair few decent fans - many of whom post on here.

Clydebank - reformed in the Juniors by their fans as they had no choice after their club's league place was bought by Airdrie United. (see above) A club now ran by the fans.

AFC Wimbledon - a new club formed in 2002 after Wimbledon FC announced they were moving to Milton Keynes. A club owned by their fans who have enjoyed four promotions in 7 years and are one promotion from the football league.

ICT -an amalgamation of two Inverness teams - the fans sanctioned the move - though according to quite a few who supported Caley - the vote was rigged.

Stirling Albion - a club who are owned by someone who has shown little interest in the club - their fans are currently running an imaginative and energetic campaign to take over and run their football club.

MK Dons - a club who took over the league place of Wimbledon FC because the town of Milton Keynes could not be bothered to climb the English pyramid. Owned by megalomaniac-self-publicist Peter Winkleman.

No - you fucking listen! The common strand regarding the above clubs is that the fans have either been fucked over or have done something positive after adversity. That is the fans who are the lifeblood of EVERY football club, pay to watch the games and travel the length of the country to support their team.

And if the Livingston supporters end up running their club in a democratic like Clydebank and Gretna before them - they'll have my full support whether they play in SF1, SF3 or the EOSL. They have been fucked over like the Clydebank, Wimbledon and Gretna fans and deserve something better than the likes of Massone, Keane & Co. Playing in Scottish non-league will sort out those that are there for the long haul or just want to turn up and sit in their seats every second Saturday right enough.

Of course their is a myriad of views about how football clubs should be run - such is life - all I advocate is that the true supporters have a say in this as they are one of the major stake holders in their football club. Yes, indeed things are changing - vive la revolution and all that....

And no, I won't f**k off - I'll have my say the same as you and very other football supporter on this forum. :P

Great post.

Let's not forget that Meadowbank played in the Commonwealth Stadium, cold. draughty and the fans were miles from the pitch. A hundred and some fans tops, mostly students supporting the "wee" team in Edinburgh while they were staying there.

And, lets not forget Clyde, who moved further than Meadowbank did. Although there wasn't a name change, no-one ever got on their case.

The difference is that the majority of Clyde fans (though not all) were completely behind the move to Cumbernauld where as the Meadowbank fans were almost unanimously against the move and were not even consulted.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

MK Dons - a club who took over the league place of Wimbledon FC because the town of Milton Keynes could not be bothered to climb the English pyramid.

An option that was never open to Livingston or any other Scottish team for that matter. And if we do get booted out of the SFL it will still not be an option. Re-entering the league in England is a great incentive for Wimbledon. If the people of West Lothian want to watch non SFL football there are teams in nearly every village and a new Livingston would just be yet another.

Edited by jimbo

An option that was never open to Livingston or any other Scottish team for that matter. And if we do get booted out of the SFL it will still not be an option. Re-entering the league in England is a great incentive for Wimbledon. If the people of West Lothian want to watch non SFL football there are teams in nearly every village and a new Livingston would just be yet another.

Apologies for going back through history.

OK - no pyramid system, but there was an opportunity in the early 90s to joint the league,when it expanded from 38 to 40 clubs. This was when ICT and Ross County joined the league in 1994/95. At this time, where was the Livingston application to join the league? Oh, there wasn't one.

Why didn't the then Livingston Development Agency and the local councils initiate an Livingston Junior application to join the league, and not go through the franchise route? If there was such a compelling case, why was no application submitted?

OK - no pyramid system, but there was an opportunity in the early 90s to joint the league,when it expanded from 38 to 40 clubs. This was when ICT and Ross County joined the league in 1994/95. At this time, where was the Livingston application to join the league? Oh, there wasn't one.

Why didn't the then Livingston Development Agency and the local councils initiate an Livingston Junior application to join the league, and not go through the franchise route? If there was such a compelling case, why was no application submitted?

The simple answer to that question is that footballing history does not matter before 1995, as plenty of Livingston FC sympathisers are proving. Football started when Livingston FC were created. I guess that means, on the flip side that football in Scotland won't exist when the increasingly likely winding up order arrives.

Hello Paedo - long time no see. Let me just enlighten you ;) :-

Livi - bad because they moved against the will of the Meadowbank fans that capaigned against the move. Consecutive owners have spent way beyond their means.

QOS - formed after WW1 when there was not enough men who survived the war to keep both teams going. The amalgamation happened by agreement and all interested parties made the decision democratically at a meeting. The name of the new club was also voted on.

Airdrie United - exist because their Chairman bought another club's league place. They have a minority of fans who like to wave union flags and dress up in KKK or nazi uniforms. They also have a fair few decent fans - many of whom post on here.

Clydebank - reformed in the Juniors by their fans as they had no choice after their club's league place was bought by Airdrie United. (see above) A club now ran by the fans.

AFC Wimbledon - a new club formed in 2002 after Wimbledon FC announced they were moving to Milton Keynes. A club owned by their fans who have enjoyed four promotions in 7 years and are one promotion from the football league.

ICT -an amalgamation of two Inverness teams - the fans sanctioned the move - though according to quite a few who supported Caley - the vote was rigged.

Stirling Albion - a club who are owned by someone who has shown little interest in the club - their fans are currently running an imaginative and energetic campaign to take over and run their football club.

MK Dons - a club who took over the league place of Wimbledon FC because the town of Milton Keynes could not be bothered to climb the English pyramid. Owned by megalomaniac-self-publicist Peter Winkleman.

No - you fucking listen! The common strand regarding the above clubs is that the fans have either been fucked over or have done something positive after adversity. That is the fans who are the lifeblood of EVERY football club, pay to watch the games and travel the length of the country to support their team.

And if the Livingston supporters end up running their club in a democratic like Clydebank and Gretna before them - they'll have my full support whether they play in SF1, SF3 or the EOSL. They have been fucked over like the Clydebank, Wimbledon and Gretna fans and deserve something better than the likes of Massone, Keane & Co. Playing in Scottish non-league will sort out those that are there for the long haul or just want to turn up and sit in their seats every second Saturday right enough.

Of course their is a myriad of views about how football clubs should be run - such is life - all I advocate is that the true supporters have a say in this as they are one of the major stake holders in their football club. Yes, indeed things are changing - vive la revolution and all that....

And no, I won't f**k off - I'll have my say the same as you and very other football supporter on this forum. :P

The difference is that the majority of Clyde fans (though not all) were completely behind the move to Cumbernauld where as the Meadowbank fans were almost unanimously against the move and were not even consulted.

Spot on analysis mate. Also worth bearing in mind, Meadowbank Thistle never got into debt, always paid their creditors and managed to pay decent amounts to their players.... until Mr Blobby and his business brain came on the scene.

It's about time Scottish football from top to bottom stopped living in la-la land and started living within its means. For every creditor, there is a debt. It's not monopoly money.

That's a good point and one that I hadn't previously considered. I can't answer for LDC or the councils but it's not really something that you would really expect political groups to initiate. Maybe they should have I don't know. However it still doesn't take away from the fact that in Scotland you have to wait for something out of the ordinary to happen before you cant enter the hallowed sanctum of the SFL and that is what has to change.

A pyramid system is long overdue in Scottish football - the one thing that the late Brooks Mileson got right.

Very good point - and something I'd never considered either.

FAO KftS - care to comment why on the AFC Dons site if lists the club as starting in the 1800's in the history section? Always thought you said you don't claim the history of the old club (neither do MK, which is fair enough).

Finlay, did you read the bit that said? :-

The supporters of AFC Wimbledon believe that our club is a continuation of the spirit which formed the Old Centrals Football Club in Wimbledon in 1889 and kept Wimbledon Football Club alive until May 2002. We consider that a football club is not simply the legal entity which controls it, but that it is the community formed by the fans and players working towards a common goal. We therefore reproduce the honours won by what we believe was, and will always be, 'our' club, in our community.

Personally I don't agree with moving 100% put I am aware that it is a fact of life and it has and probably happen again.

AFC Wimbledon is obviously a new club - but the majority of AFCW's fans (though not all), also supported Wimbledon FC. They were there to watch the trophies being won. History is not something that can be "claimed" IMO - you had to be there to experience it - certainly in football terms. You are right though - it is controversial and I don't particularly agree with the statement that AFCW make. What I will say again, is that the Wimbledon fans had no choice in their club being moved and re-branded - they did what they had to do.

The point the poster was making and I made earlier in the thread, there are plenty of people who will be equally as gutted as you were when the Dons moved to MK when Livi go under. You also say you will support them if they start a fans club? I find this daft, you slate them for supporting a franchise (you make it sound like they support Subway sandwiches) when in reality it is in the most part their local team. But if they start there own club it will be ok?

Quite simply, my main sympathies lie with the Meadowbank fans who lost there club originally - they were given no choice in the move to Livingston. I do have some sympathy with younger Livingston fans who have taken the club to their hearts - I wish Livingston fans well in their battle against unscrupulous owners. And I do understand the argument that if Livingston FC goes under, many of these fans will be lost to the game or go back to supporting the old firm from their armchairs. I hope that what has happened to the Livingston fans recently makes them radical enough to realise that the futute of their club is best in their hands and not of those of another businessman. Though perhaps MacDougall might be an exception to a rule - and they might need financial help.

For all the banter on this site, I have some faith and respect for the Livingston supporters' trust - I believe their Chairman spoke well at the recent Scottish Supporters direct Conference. B)

I get that the Meadowbank fans were gutted to go under and it makes more sense for them support Edinburgh City, I wouldn't support a franchised QoS. I also understand that I wont know how they feel until it actually happened to us, but you just come across as bitter towards people who usually you would praise for getting behind their local side. Don't give me the crap about looking into the history of club etc and seeing they shouldn't support them, I got it the first time and I thought it was bull.

I won't lose any sleep over them going out of business right enough, but being objective once in a while with regards to things you don't fully agree with would be nice from you.

That's a fair enough comment - you do realise that some of what I (and dare I say others) write on P&B is used for effect and not to be taken too seriously!? ;)

Where to you stand on Dumfries AFC changing their name to Heston Rovers last season....... ;)

First I'd heard of it - did the fans have a vote!? :lol:

KFTS is a zealot in regard to his erroneous belief that trusts are the "emperors new board".

Not at all. I agree with supporters having a say in how their club is run - and certainly on big issues like moving the

club to a new town. I disagree with a few businessmen being able to make decisions on their behalf

Supporters trusts are not the 'be all and end all' - as events currently unfolding at Stockport County prove. I would certainly not advocate for trusts or even fans to run all football clubs.

For example, at QOS we have a retired farmer who is a 'Queens man' through and through - and the club is in capable hands. It works for some and not for other - prudent financial management and active communication with fans and their communities is more my ethos on how football clubs should be run. ;)

Ron?

You do realise that putting up the MK Dons' Chairman, Pete Winkleman as your avatar is quite a strange thing to do considering the events currently unfolding at Livingston FC?

Doesn't bother me in the least either - Winky does look a bit like a cross between Grima Wormtongue and the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang though.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth