Livingston - all the threads merged

Here's what it would look like if Livi went tits up and all the previous results had to be expunged.

Pos....................P...G/D.....Pts.... Pos now...

1.Dunfermline....12..+8.......21..........2nd....

2.St.Johnstone..12..+2.......21..........1st....

3.Partick Th......12...0........20..........5th...

4.Dundee..........13..-1.......19..........6th...

5.QoS...............13.-1.......18...........4th...

6.Ross County....12...2.......16...........7th...

7.Morton............11..-4......13...........9th...

8.Airdrie.............11..-2......10...........8th...

9.Clyde..............12...-8.....10...........10th.

I'm happy to go with the new look table. Livingston are a failed club that simply need to be rooted out once and for all. If the people and fans wish to create a new entity from scratch then I would wish them all the best. I'm happy to proverbially dance on the grave of the current monstrosity.

If Livi do go bust and I certainly hope not, the league table would not be so good for some teams and much better for others..

Here's what it would look like if Livi went tits up and all the previous results had to be expunged.

Pos....................P...G/D.....Pts.... Pos now...

1.Dunfermline....12..+8.......21..........2nd....

2.St.Johnstone..12..+2.......21..........1st....

3.Partick Th......12...0........20..........5th...

4.Dundee..........13..-1.......19..........6th...

5.QoS...............13.-1.......18...........4th...

6.Ross County....12...2.......16...........7th...

7.Morton............11..-4......13...........9th...

8.Airdrie.............11..-2......10...........8th...

9.Clyde..............12...-8.....10...........10th.

hey like the look of that league lets get rid haha

on a more serious note i would take no great pleasure in seeing any team go bust.even after they cheated us 2005.

That's a tad ironic when you remember the cheating that Dunfermline did. :rolleyes:

What have Dunfermline got to do with it?

Or do you just forget who you're insulting sometimes when you're getting carried away?

If Livingston have to go into administration again they should be expelled from the SFL!

Agreed and I said the exact same about Leeds United. If you go into administration once then you should get a 10 point deduction and a stern warning and you should be expelled the second time. That would force clubs to cut their cloth in a more reasonable way.

Agreed and I said the exact same about Leeds United. If you go into administration once then you should get a 10 point deduction and a stern warning and you should be expelled the second time. That would force clubs to cut their cloth in a more reasonable way.

Thats hardly fair on the fans who have little control on how much there club spends.

Thats hardly fair on the fans who have little control on how much there club spends.

What is fair and what is right are two entirely different things. The current situation in Scottish Football is unsustainable and measures need to be put in place to ensure that things change in the future. It is for the greater good of the game and will insure that it never totally implodes at any level. Anyway there is nothing stopping the fans from setting up a new team anyway and fighting there way back to prominance.

What is fair and what is right are two entirely different things. The current situation in Scottish Football is unsustainable and measures need to be put in place to ensure that things change in the future. It is for the greater good of the game and will insure that it never totally implodes at any level. Anyway there is nothing stopping the fans from setting up a new team anyway and fighting there way back to prominance.

Thanks fcuk your no in charge then.

I think teams that play west of Glasgow should be binned from SFL its simply to far :rolleyes:

Thanks fcuk your no in charge then.

I think teams that play west of Glasgow should be binned from SFL its simply to far :rolleyes:

Obviously any rule like this would have to start from the day it was insitituted. Therefore even if Livi went into administration a day after this new rule came into place they would still get one more chance. So from what you are saying then you are more than happy for clubs to be run inefficiently, with the result being that many local businesses are left out of pocket time and time again? There needs to be a strong deterrent to ensure that owners run their club in a business-like way.

Also, it gives other clubs a chance to get into the league and the entry of the new club could be partly determined on how they are run.

Obviously any rule like this would have to start from the day it was insitituted. Therefore even if Livi went into administration a day after this new rule came into place they would still get one more chance. So from what you are saying then you are more than happy for clubs to be run inefficiently, with the result being that many local businesses are left out of pocket time and time again? There needs to be a strong deterrent to ensure that owners run their club in a business-like way.

Also, it gives other clubs a chance to get into the league and the entry of the new club could be partly determined on how they are run.

What am saying is its hardly fair punishing fans (from whatever club they come from including yours!). Sanctions should be taken against the people that mis-manage clubs.

Edited by Livi

What am saying is its hardly fair punishing fans (from whatever club they come from including yours!). Sanctions should be taken against the people that mis-manage clubs.

But it is impossible to truly punish the people that mismanage clubs, without punishing the fans as well. The only measure you could take is ban them from owning a Scottish club again, but that would have little or no effect. Strong action needs to be taken now to ensure that the game survives in this country in the long run.

Edited by BishyTON

Life isn't fair. Financially cheating your way up leagues isn't fair. Administration and liquidation is a just conclusion to an ill-fated business plan. It 'seems' that the owners haven't actually got much of a pot to piss in, so I can't see sanctions having that great an effect, but they shouldn't be allowed to walk away relatively intact.

Life isn't fair. Financially cheating your way up leagues isn't fair. Administration and liquidation is a just conclusion to an ill-fated business plan. It 'seems' that the owners haven't actually got much of a pot to piss in, so I can't see sanctions having that great an effect, but they shouldn't be allowed to walk away relatively intact.

We don't all have a 'sugar daddy' thats going to bail us out.

There are restrictions put in place for company directors, so why not board of football clubs that might make them think twice before mis-manging.