Livingston - all the threads merged

3 cup finals, 2 european visits, 3 or was it 4 top 6 finishes, and some great football. Okay we won nothing but it was fun whilst St Mirren were enjoying their times in the doldrums.

So erm, basically you won nothing.

St Mirren? You got to laugh you do realise if you aren't down this year you won't last any longer than next?

Well it won't be your mob replacing us! :P

Tell you what stop your bandwagon and let me on "Livi out! Livi out!, Livi out!" A lot of bitter fans of football teams with crappy grounds on here today.

I'm not bitter - I've followed my team for approaching 40 years, through good times and bad, and I'm confident enough to know that they'll still be around for a long time to come.

Livi are in part a victim of their own success in that they had to have an SPL compliant 10,000 all seater stadium which is far, far too big for them. They might well have had a better chance in a stadium that better matches their client base and realistic aspirations. To a certain extent the problem applies to Clyde and Airdrie also - whats the point of occupying and paying for a ground which is far bigger than they need.

The fact that Livi have been run by more than their fair share of rogues does not help. If they do go into administration next week as is widely rumoured, I think the league will come down hard on them and a 10 point deduction will be the least of their troubles - I have heard that it is proposed to relegate them straight to the third division should they survive until the end of this season.

Ah! another Falkirk St Mirren similarity. Which should actually read as

"When the only reason they were doing better than us is becuase they got their Stadiums in order at a great expense to their clubs whilst we sat back and did absolutely nothing, they then had the audacity to get a bit ambitious and spent money on players while we were still moaning about our grounds and waiting for handouts to get them up to scratch"

Ah ...so Livvy built this stadium with their own money then did they ....??? news to me !

also i think what you meant to say was they had the audacity to spend money they didn't have....there fixed it

And he only enjoyed "success" before at Livingston because they were spending more on wages than they were bringing in through turnover. Such success is cheating, and shouldn't be applauded.

How is it cheating? The past few years we have spent more on wages than we have received through turnover, but the Ballantynes have put money into the club to make sure we don't go into debt. So are we cheating too?

Almost every club spends more than they earn, which is why virtually every side in Scotland is in debt, so should every club in debt should just be kicked out the league?

Shhh don't say that , that'll just get the Airdrie fans started on Livi aswell. I'm beginning to feel sorry for the Livi fans they don't need anymore grief.

:huh:

Airdrie have fans? :o

I bumped into 2,500 of them on sunday, many at the public park on saturday?

Bitter, bitter, bitter St Mirren fans.

Nobody else see's how magnificent a football club they are except for themselves, it must be so frustrating for them.

Personally I see them as a 1st division team who have short lived forays into the SPL, have a disgusting football ground and will still have a horrible ground when they move. And their fans have all got massive chips on their shoulders. The Pars are a yo-yo team too but we actually enjoy it and don't have this bitterness and imagination of past successes that never were.

You know the funny thing is, they are moving to a morose little concrete turd of a football ground soon which is nowhere near as nice as Livi's and the irony of course is it's no where near as long established and the twisted sods are on here slagging Livi for being a 'new' club and having no history.

I await the next St Mirren fang going on about whose money bought what. Your just spawny your dumpheap of a football ground got bought over.

Ah! another Falkirk St Mirren similarity. Which should actually read as

"When the only reason they were doing better than us is becuase they got their Stadiums in order at a great expense to their clubs whilst we sat back and did absolutely nothing, they then had the audacity to get a bit ambitious and spent money on players while we were still moaning about our grounds and waiting for handouts to get them up to scratch"

Why do you not go on about Motherwell and Dundee? You are like children who complain to Mummy and Daddy because one of your siblings got something you didn't even though they got off their butt and went and got it themselves.

St Mirren: the middle child syndrome of Scottish Fitba. (That problem middle child with the gammy limp and bad teeth)

Oh dear. You're still bitter about going down aren't you? :)

Oh dear. You're still bitter about going down aren't you? :)

Not at all, festering around the bottom of the SPL is every St Mirren's fan idea of success, 3 season's of it for us was enough. We see that as failure, I realise for a club like your's it's where you actually want to be. We'll be back at some point and we won't be content with hanging around the bottom again.

I know we will be back up, I know it could be next year, it could take ten year's but there is one thing that is absolutely certain, you will be down soon and it will take you just as long to get back up again just like the last time.

How long were we in the SPL in our last stint? Was it 6 years or 7? Your mob came back up with us and went straight back down again? Gretna saved yer bacon last season and you were baw hair off going down the season before. Are you going to go the whole way down this season.

Hanging around the bottom just waiting to go down..St Mirren are like a whore that hasn't been paid yet.

How is it cheating? The past few years we have spent more on wages than we have received through turnover, but the Ballantynes have put money into the club to make sure we don't go into debt. So are we cheating too?

And how long will this state of affairs carry on?

Almost every club spends more than they earn,

Not any more they don't.

which is why virtually every side in Scotland is in debt, so should every club in debt should just be kicked out the league?

and I'll bet most of these clubs in debt have plans to reduce it.

It's barely three years since Livingston came out of Administration - behaviour like theirs just makes it more difficult for all other clubs (including yours) who do try to budget prudently.

Oh and I answered all your points without selectively misquoting you!

BTB ..do you actually want to see the demise of Livingston? Do you want them to go into adminstration again? Do you want their creditors to be worse off? Do you want them relegated? Docked points? To go out of existence? What's your problem?

They aren't my favourite club, I've practically hated them at times but the last thing I want is for them to go bust, docked points or relegated. I don't see how it is of any benefit to anyone. It's hardly their fans fault if they keep getting run by rogues.

Not at all, festering around the bottom of the SPL is every St Mirren's fan idea of success, 3 season's of it for us was enough. We see that as failure, I realise for a club like your's it's where you actually want to be. We'll be back at some point and we won't be content with hanging around the bottom again.

I know we will be back up, I know it could be next year, it could take ten year's but there is one thing that is absolutely certain, you will be down soon and it will take you just as long to get back up again just like the last time.

How long were we in the SPL in our last stint? Was it 6 years or 7? Your mob came back up with us and went straight back down again? Gretna saved yer bacon last season and you were baw hair off going down the season before. Are you going to go the whole way down this season.

Hanging around the bottom just waiting to go down..St Mirren are like a whore that hasn't been paid yet.

The rantings of a mad man.

That may be true but all of our erstwhile creditors have been paid (can Dunfermline say the same?) - which means if and when we do get relegated we'll be in a far stronger position than you to bounce back. :)

That may be true but all of our erstwhile creditors have been paid (can Dunfermline say the same?) - which means if and when we do get relegated we'll be in a far stronger position than you to bounce back. :)

Wel we'll all find out soon enough how St Mirren perform in the 1st. You'll have to tighten those financially secure purse strings when you come down and seeing as we already beat you with ease this season it looks like we'll be a better side and you'll be a worse one. At least you can tell everyone how financially secure you are and remind of us all your past glories, whatever they are.

BTB ..do you actually want to see the demise of Livingston? Do you want them to go into adminstration again? Do you want their creditors to be worse off? Do you want them relegated? Docked points? To go out of existence? What's your problem?

They aren't my favourite club, I've practically hated them at times but the last thing I want is for them to go bust, docked points or relegated. I don't see how it is of any benefit to anyone. It's hardly their fans fault if they keep getting run by rogues.

No, I don't want to see them go into Administration etc. but it's kinda irrelevant what I want.

I answered one post explaining why St. Mirren fans were particularly interested in this issue and have been subsequently quoted (and misquoted) to which I've replied.

You're correct - Livingston going into Administration benefits no-one however them being run in the way they have been affects every other club.

As to it not being the fans fault - where did I say it was?

Edited by btb

Guest el bawbag

i like this guy!

The thing that always amazes me is that fact that everyone thinks the main victims are the fans. That is utter rubbish as the real losers are the creditors as this saga could lead to several of them going out of business. I do feel sympathy for the position Livi fans find themselves in, but at the end of the day the creditors best interests have got to be taken into account.