Livingston - all the threads merged

You could add Thistle to that list ... if the club weren't burdened by a million in loans raised to satisfy the SPL's once lunatic seating criteria and a hefty overdraft that might head south with the ownership of the bank that granted it.

We could be too, but similarly to Thistle it would require superior financial management in order for it to be successful.

I think both Partick and Dundee have the support and revenue to sustain full-time football in the long-term laying aside any current difficulties.

You would think so, but by that criteria so should we. We have a support roughly the size of Thistles and we lose money year on year. Dundee have the potential to be a successful full time club, as do Partick and indeed Morton, but it would be very difficult to do indeed without losing a lot of money (which I think all three are currently doing).

Edited by BishyTON

why does the idiot Dunfermline supporter keep going on about 6 - 7 seasons in the premier league...once they can match St mirrens 13 seasons...then he can say something.

Anyway of more relevance..not too worried about Livvy one way or the other as they did cheat their way up ....but what about Saints offering them a cut price deal for their corner pods (as they need the money so badly) ...how good would that be :D:D

why does the idiot Dunfermline supporter keep going on about 6 - 7 seasons in the premier league...once they can match St mirrens 13 seasons...then he can say something.

Anyway of more relevance..not too worried about Livvy one way or the other as they did cheat their way up ....but what about Saints offering them a cut price deal for their corner pods (as they need the money so badly) ...how good would that be :D:D

Well I will say something now then...someone else can go do the stats but in the last 18years we have been in it 10 times to your 5? I take it prior to that I only need to find another paltry 3 seasons? My point isn't tit for tat it's that St Mirren's fans think that they support some sort of sleeping giant or some historically successful club. They are like Aberdeen fans without the actual trophies or the 'football era'.

I feckin hate St Mirren fandans, basking in their own mediocrity yet again. Go on tell us more about your club's rich history. I believe you did as well as 3rd bottom last season, that's one better than the year before and one better than the last time your were in the SPL, while ago that though eh? 2001 was it? You'll be bragging about having a goal difference of better than -10 next. Please just inject yourselves to death in some mass suicide bid at the horrible little football pit you've just built.

The Hassan Kachloul affair apart, Livi didn't 'cheat'. Oh sorry I'm deranged and mad. Of course they cheated, the football association should really have picked up on that one eh?

F**king muppets.

Knickers. Away and gloat over the Saint Mirren cash pile, buy a Rolls Royce or sign a Brazilian.

:rolleyes: (Your team might even beat Killie to Armand One if you're lucky.) ;)

Whilst it's clearly your raison d'être. Well as far as Livingston FC goes anyway.

Enjoy the party :)

I see, so Livingston didn't offer Marino Keith an eye watering deal using money that wasn't theirs?

What was Livingston's wages/turnover ratio that season?

And I have my shoes ready :D They aren't new ones though, because I quite like Almondvale for some reason so would be mildly disappointed not to go back there some time.

Guest el bawbag
You know after seeing Livi bring about 150 fans to a game barely 30 miles away its hard to say they would be missed in the game.

quality over quantity mate

Guest steve maskrey
BBC

The SFL have advanced their clubs £10,000 to ease financial worries.

I'll look forward to my cut :rolleyes:

Do you think that this money has been given to help Livi to keep them going til January so they could sell Griffiths and settle their debts?

That is, of course, in an ideal world and from reading all the posts about the story so far, it doesn't look likely to happen. Fingers crossed that you get your money and still have a team to support

Guest el bawbag
Unfortunately unless you guys are loaded that's wrong as far as the fans securing the future of your team is concerned.

surely an away game where we took 10,000 to wouldnt benefit LFC financially :P

all i was trying to say was simply from a personal enjoyment of games perspective i would rather be stood with 25 people prepaired to stand and sing than sat with 500 boring fuckers! ;)

One again we see the West /East bias even in div 1 you only get westie fans going on about fanbase and tradition. You are all Old Firm fans at heart who cannot afford the prices. Queue the onslaught!!!

Yes because Clyde and Airdrie have massive supports and Dundee have a shitey wee support.

Talking shit obviously comes natural to you.

One again we see the West /East bias even in div 1 you only get westie fans going on about fanbase and tradition. You are all Old Firm fans at heart who cannot afford the prices. Queue the onslaught!!!

Whilst you're just tatty munching Rugby watchers from Edinburgh who think that it is "in vogue" to be seen being all cultural with the Italians at that sporting social club, even though it's not paid it's leccy bill?

Och, away home and f*ck your granny. :rolleyes: