Livingston - all the threads merged

Regarding the full-time/part-time issue, there's very much a myth that part-time football is a lot cheaper than the full-time equivalent. However, we were told a few years ago that we would be cheaper putting together a side of young guys with something to prove, than trying to compile a 1st division standard part-time team.

The SFL handout this week might keep things going another week but £10k is only around a week/two weeks wages. It will not make much of a debt in the £50k electricity bill or the £150k PAYE arrears.

Indeed I don't see how the £10k is going to be of any benefit, especially as HMRC are demanding full payment of the debt they are owed by the end of the week! Cannot see Livingston lasting much longer without someone coming into bail them out.

I hope that livi dont go the way of Gretna. Its may benefit some of the teams league positions, but its just another slice of bad publicity for the lower leagues. What happens next season? Is it going to be another team folding every season till there's no teams in the 1st division.

Well that would never happen as a team is always admitted to the league when one goes bust :rolleyes: .

Granted though it is undoubtably bad for the league for teams to be going bust, but unless some sort of financial constraints are brought in these things will happen time and again as chairmen get too ambitious and spend a lot of money that they don't have.

What I dont understand is if Livi are that fooked then how could they justify turning down 6 figure bids for 3 of their players (MacKay, McPake and Griffiths) just before the transfer closed? I mean they must have known then how bad they were then? Surely if they are that bad and if they can make it till Jan then just offload their best players then. Never had great love for Livi after the whole Kachlool incident even tho we should have taken care of our own business and then it wouldn't have mattered anyhoo lol but at the end of the day i'd hate to see them go down the tubes.

was reminded of when things went pear shaped for us and the vultures circled to snap up our best players, Livi were one of the biggest( not that I blame them they were cracking players) but here we are and everybody will be circling come January to pick off there best players.

Given that Archibalds entire plan was based around selling these players on, it was a timing game he was playing ( and lost) perhaps the Italians are playing the same strategy. Livi ended up getting 1 million pounds for David Fernandez had archibald got the same when St Johnstone chapped the door things could be very different

What I dont understand is if Livi are that fooked then how could they justify turning down 6 figure bids for 3 of their players (MacKay, McPake and Griffiths) just before the transfer closed? I mean they must have known then how bad they were then? Surely if they are that bad and if they can make it till Jan then just offload their best players then. Never had great love for Livi after the whole Kachlool incident even tho we should have taken care of our own business and then it wouldn't have mattered anyhoo lol but at the end of the day i'd hate to see them go down the tubes.

The bids were turned down before the window closed in August. The two moneymen were still at the club at that point. They buggered off shortly after. :(

Still, lets see what comes of yesterday's top secret meeting. Maybe I'll get invited to one, one of these days :P

Massone in the press again today stating everything is fine and there are no problems. :huh:

This isn't very helpful of Massone, is it? There are clearly problems, if I'm to believe what has been said and written about creditors not getting paid.

There are three useful courses of action here, I'd say: if there's light on the horizon, explain where the solution's coming from. Or, if there's no solution presently, it might be time to make an appeal for help. That's what an administrator's going to do in any case if that's what happens ("we need £x to keep the club going for the next month"). Otherwise, I think keeping out the media is a good idea.

As a fan of a club that almost disappeared, I don't wish liquidation on any club.

Though I might be interested in buying that drum in the liquidation sale...