Livingston - all the threads merged

Maybe this has already been commented on but there does seem to be a general perception that the bond is cash up front. It's not, it's a form of guarantee which would only be called upon if the relevant club could not fulfill its fixtures. Assuming the club the club does fulfill its fixtures then the cost to them of providing the bond is the commission payable to the bond issuer which is a percentage of the total amount of the bond, don't know what that would be under current market conditions but it won't be a lot.

So essentially it's an airy fairy pretendy bond? What the hell are these Livingston cowboys complaining about then?

Edited by Jim Pansy

I just hope that the SFL are not taken in by these footballing nomads Rankine and McDougall. Here is a take on Rankine from the Loch Lomond Free press............

His reputation became such locally that one newspaper editor (perhaps unfairly) Christened him “Rankbadyin”.

However much it would be to Livi’s short term advantage to have Neil on board, I suspect the long term advantage will accrue to Neil himself.

Catchy nickname. Hilarious too.

Nothing gets past those eagle eyed hacks at the Loch Lomond Free Press.

Well lunch will just about be finished by now, cigars will have been stubbed out/stuck behind the ear for later, so the wise men will now, having suitably loosened their belts a notch, sat down to grasp the nettle at hand.

This will take the form of an ill-tempered ninety minute debate concerning a rumour of dandelions growing in the penalty box at Shielfield Park, and whether a penalty should be levied as a result.

After that, Jim Leishman will read out some bad poetry, that he's written specially for the occasion, whilst every one else looks at their watch, and nothing will be done about Livingston, as it's already a bitty tight for the 1842 from Queen Street for a few of the blazers to be back home in time for the evening's bowls on the telly.

No, it's not. It is, as the previous poster said, to get as much money for the creditors as possible. :huh:

Tell that to the Gretna Creditors! £1 million of cash gathered by the administrator ; Fees accrued £1 million - creditors got SFA!!

I once read of a firm that applied to the courts to keep a balance that was left afeter their fees on the basis that it would cost too much to process and send out!!

Well lunch will just about be finished by now, cigars will have been stubbed out/stuck behind the ear for later, so the wise men will now, having suitably loosened their belts a notch, sat down to grasp the nettle at hand.

This will take the form of an ill-tempered ninety minute debate concerning a rumour of dandelions growing in the penalty box at Shielfield Park, and whether a penalty should be levied as a result.

After that, Jim Leishman will read out some bad poetry, that he's written specially for the occasion, whilst every one else looks at their watch, and nothing will be done about Livingston, as it's already a bitty tight for the 1842 from Queen Street for a few of the blazers to be back home in time for the evening's bowls on the telly.

And Ross County, Airdrie and Arbroath still don't know who exactly it is they will be playing on Saturday.

From Edinburgh Evening News.....

"Sources at the club believe league bosses have bowed to pressure from other clubs to hammer Livingston for their troubles.

But the consortium has assured the Evening News the bond – and a business plan – was in place by the deadline of 3pm yesterday and the new "provisional" board will appeal any further penalty.

The threat of a ten-point deduction is causing major problems for the investors, who could still pull the plug on the rescue deal as the demands have prevented the consortium from paying the players this week.

"We are extremely concerned about this," said provisional chairman Gordon McDougall. "Last week at Hampden, we were given the green light to remain in Division One and the possibility of further sanctions were withheld. We then received a letter stating we had to submit a business plan and the bond, which is in place to ensure we can satisfy 18 home games based on £40,000 a game.

"I understand where they are coming from as we've been in administration twice but this is new people in here now.

"I hope they understand our position. We will have to spend a fortune to get this club back on its feet and are more than willing to put the money down on the table on the condition there is no further penalty.

"If there are any other penalties, we will appeal them."

I just hope 'sources at the club' are right and that the SFL clubs have decided to hammer LIVI and to hell with the blackmailers.

It's more bluff and bluster. Livingston have never paid any penalty, and up to now, still have not done so. The bond s not a penalty. It is there as insurance against future wrongdoing as the club cannot be trusted. A penalty will be applied to punish previous wrondoing. Whether it happens or not is down to the gutless SFL, so not too promising.

McGruther saying that there are new folks in town as a justification for not applying a long overdue penalty against the perrenial cheats of Scottish football, is comedy gold.

Livingston and integrity still seem set to remain miles and miles apart. Quelle surprise.

For once, lets see this mob pay a fair price for what they have done.

Edited by Guest

:lol::lol:

Justice would IMO be... a 15-point fine, a ban on transfer activity during the period of CVA (bar amateur contracts), and a mandate of the SFL Management Committee to monitor their activity.

Ban those as well.

We all know Livi's track record when it comes to amateurs...

So The Edinburgh Evening News has got it from the Horses Arse that the new consortium HAS NOT PAYED THE PLAYERS THIS WEEK, and that's before the meeting, is there a football fan from any club who believes these Clowns are deserving in any way of a place in Div 1?

Yes. Livi with 10-20 point penalty > alternative.

I've left it for 310 pages before I put in my tuppenceworth so here goes.

I've said before, on a Clyde thread last season, I have no desire to see any club go out of business but do feel that there is a day coming when every club will be forced to re-evaluate their position with regards to full time staff, wages etc.

That day for Livingston should have been the last time they were in admin but no they just kept on chasing that elusive dream of SPL football and that combined with the mismanagement of several owners has led us all to the situation we're at today.

The basic fact is this, they spent money last season that they did not have, on players wages (eventually) while ignoring all their other bills and while no-one can say for certain that this alone kept them in the first division it certainly didn't do them any harm. For that reason alone I would have been satisfied only with an immediate relegation for them. However the inactivity from the SFL over the last weeks has taken us to a position 72 hours before the kick off of the new season and I believe that a relegation now is impractical. Therefore they must be docked points, regardless of the bleating from the prospective new owners and interim manager, and sufficient points to ensure that they are at the very least going to skirt with relegation, 15 to 20 in my opinion.

If these whingers carry out the threat to walk away from theur "rescue" it's then the duty of the interim manager to find another party willing to take over and if that doesn't happen then so be it. If the SFL are so desperate to keep senior football in West Lothian then perhaps they could look favourably on an application from the Livi trust to take over a spot in the 3rd division instead of succumbing to the blackmail and threats.

So The Edinburgh Evening News has got it from the Horses Arse that the new consortium HAS NOT PAYED THE PLAYERS THIS WEEK, and that's before the meeting, is there a football fan from any club who believes these Clowns are deserving in any way of a place in Div 1?

They`ll have another outstanding bill to pay to a car hire company as well.Massone was running about in a hired Merc and seemingly he`s dumped it somewhere and fecked off back to Italy without telling anyone where he dumped it :lol:

Terrific news if true.

I wonder if this means that the investors will walk away. They're jokers anyways. Livi would probably be better dead than with then anyways, since they'd only be prolonging the agony of the supporters.

Well f**k me, that's a relegation further than I would have gone for, and two more than I was expecting from them.

But I can't argue with it if that's what they've decided.