Livingston - all the threads merged

Hilarious decision but for all the wrong reasons.

Livi getting relegated is funny in itself, let's face it, they deserve a harsh punishment for what they've done, but their punishment at the same time screws over Airdrie and Cowdenbeath (and other teams as well you could argue). To leave it this late is farcical. Do the SFL have any brains whatsoever?

Seems the cretins running the SPL weren't that bad after all.

Is it that bad for Airdrie and Cowdenbeath though? Maybe for the fans, who were perhaps looking forward to succesful seasons, but Im not sure how its bad for the clubs.

They'll being paying wages at a level of the division lower than theyre playing in, while enjoying the revenues from the higher division. If they finish bottom and end up relegated, they'll be exactly where they are now, but in a years time.

Hilarious decision but for all the wrong reasons.

Livi getting relegated is funny in itself, let's face it, they deserve a harsh punishment for what they've done, but their punishment at the same time screws over Airdrie and Cowdenbeath (and other teams as well you could argue). To leave it this late is farcical. Do the SFL have any brains whatsoever?

Seems the cretins running the SPL weren't that bad after all.

Yep- the SFL how can we make a decision worse?

I think it was the correct call, albeit too late- it hurts Airdrie and Cowdenbeath badly. If they go back down they have wasted a year. The SFL needs to put in place clear guidlines so everyone knows where they are.

I think this is the end for Livingston- can't say I'm overly sad for the club, but I guess the Livi fans will be gutted. Looks like last week was the fause dawn?

Who can be arsed finding MCL's gloating posts after last week's meeting and re-quoting them for some mild amusement?

On a serious note, i'd say at any other time the punishment was right, but three days before start of the season? That's quite nuts. A 15 point deduction would have been less chaotic, and also ensured pretty much in the long run, that they'd be punished with relegation anyway.

However on the flip-side, it's good to see the blackmail pish coming from McDougall and Rankine has been met with a resounding GIRFUY.

For survival's sake I'd have preferred a severely depleted Livi with a chunky points deduction.

Same here. However I can't pretend to be anything other than absolutely delighted that this bunch of cheating scumbags have finally got what they deserve! :D

However on the flip-side, it's good to see the blackmail pish coming from McDougall and Rankine has been met with a resounding GIRFUY.

Does anyone else think that it was the attempt at blackmail that has made the SFL react in this way ?

I think Ayr and Raith fans will be most delighted by this.

It means they have a better chance of survival, because we'll effectively have a 2nd Division team in the 1st. Not to say Airdrie Utd won't be a threat, but I think they will struggle.

From a Raith point of view, I'm not sure. A crippled Livi would have been better for us than Airdrie, I think. Airdrie will be relegation favourites, inevitably, having prepared for division two, but I don't think it'll be that simple at all.

Welcome back

Finally the SFL have grown some balls :D

That's quite an apt phrase, as we're going to get boabied senseless this coming season.

What a fucking farce. Self-preservation wins again.

Get it f'cking round you. :lol:

My disappointment is eased by knowing that you c'nts are going out of the game.

I am surprised about the penalty handed out, as I really didn't thinkt he SFL would do it, but it certainly sends out a warning to all the other clubs.

I suppose the three amigos have two options now, if they were speaking the truth in the media over the last few days.

1 - Appeal the decision, which I believe they have 10 days, which could mean our game against Airdrie on Saturday will surely be postponed.

2 - Walk away from the club

What ever there decision, it will surely set out exactly what their plans are.

If they go for an option 3 and accept the punishment, then they are basically nothing but liars after their media breifings this week.

Does anyone else think that it was the attempt at blackmail that has made the SFL react in this way ?

Definetly, Anything other than punishment for breaking the insolvency rules would have been a farce, and the pathetic attempts at blackmail have probably made it a whole lot worse on them.

I certainly wont be losing any sleep over it tonight :D

Yep, their blackmail attempts are almost deserving of one of VT's epic fail pictures.