Livingston - all the threads merged

Accrington have to pay HMRC £308000 within the next month,so i cant see HMRC agreeing to 5p in the pound from livingston.

It has to be all or nothing and lets hope that the other creditors back HMRC as well so that in the end livi are liquidated as that is all the seem fit for.

In 2003 Ayr united had a six-figure debt to HMRC, which was paid in full.

They do not make exceptions for football clubs.

I suspect now Livingston will win the division in a blaze of ill informed "glory" and screw up the season for the rest of us .A points deduction should have been a given but there u go nice level playing field ,full time squad and bollocks to the creditors lovely jubbly......

Absolutely and every team who has overspent and in the red should get the same points deduction to level up the playing field in all the other Div's too, like Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Rangers, etc etc etc.

Being serious, G Smith was talking about introducing something like not being able to spend more that 75% of your income on players/wages, this would be a good idea.

Absolutely and every team who has overspent and in the red should get the same points deduction to level up the playing field in all the other Div's too, like Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Rangers, etc etc etc.

Being serious, G Smith was talking about introducing something like not being able to spend more that 75% of your income on players/wages, this would be a good idea.

Most clubs already do this. I'd imagine that Livvy are at about 300% at the moment.

None of them are in administration and trying to pay 5p in the pound on their debt.

Stuart

I think the chap was referring to you not turning up for the Shire game. I don't think he was referring to the 5p in the pound insolvency CVA.

Are you for real?

If you are then you show the same inability to understand basic finance as everyone who has ever run LFC.

The amount spent has fcuck all to do with the situation, it is your inability to pay it back!!

eg. You take on a mortgage to buy a house, now in the month you buy the house you have grossly overspent in comparison to your bank balance, but it doesn't matter because the mortgage repayments are structured to your income. It is only when you don't pay on those dates that problems begin. Livingston have failed to pay their debts as they fall due and their creditors were not willing to renegotiate payment hence the need for you lot to dodge the debt again.

Edited by AND180Y

That post is just downright weird !!! :lol:

Good! You shall understand it perfectly well then! :rolleyes:

Vile ? The guy said he had pictures of Massone in my car and I said if he could post them I would put £1000 into the fighting fund and never post again on the subject. The guy has been proved to be an outright liar along with most of the rest of the "Trust" board. Now that they have a hand in the running of the club more people will get to see that.

How much is in the Fighting Fund ? Have the St Andrew's Ambulance charity been paid yet ???

People in glass houses MCL? You have been proved to be an outright liar- no-one phoned you to beg you to work for the club at all! :rolleyes:

I didn't call him 'scar man', you made that bit up :lol:

The guy is a sanctimonious p***k and compulsive liar so I've nothing to be ashamed of :lol:

You called him scarface though & that is undeniably a personal attack on someone's appearance & totally unacceptable! :angry:

People in glass houses MCL? You have been proved to be an outright liar- no-one phoned you to beg you to work for the club at all! :rolleyes:

You called him scarface though & that is undeniably a personal attack on someone's appearance & totally unacceptable! :angry:

Correct on both accounts.

He will still go round in circles though rather than just admit he isn't supporting Livi these days & has a personal vandetta'a against a few genuine Livi supporters' :(

Being in the debt is neither here nor there. Business models actively promote debt gearing. Being in the red is not Livingston's problem. It is their track record of refusing to honour them that has brought them to where they are. They have repeatedly used company law to avoid paying what they owe.

Look, Livingston spent money to get them to third place in the SPL. That's all fine and dandy. To then refuse to pay those debts, and hide behind company insolvency laws on more than one occasion in order to get out of payment is bad enough. To then see a punishment, which in reputation terms, is far worse than the financial implications (because it tells the world the association under which they operate is heartily sick of Livingston's disreputable behaviour), being challenged as "unfair" and "unjust" against a club who are seeking to deny payment to 197 different creditors is quite frankly, laughable.

To compound matters, one of those creditors is a registered charity that the club still expects to provide a service at every home game. If the Livingston support were this generous galvanized bunch they claim to be, then every single penny of your "fighting fund" would be donated to the St John's Ambulance Service until every penny had been paid back. Maybe a "dignity fund" would be a better concept than one which seeks to keep the bald old ways ticking along..........and yes, they clearly are still ticking along.

In 2003 Ayr united had a six-figure debt to HMRC, which was paid in full.

They do not make exceptions for football clubs.

I don't think Ayr ran to administration though. Livingston of course, know the course well, and having gotten out of £10 million of debt a few short years ago, running back there to get out of a couple of million this time was a no brainer for them. Not sure, but I think when you have a highly regarded and reputable insolvency practicioner running the show for you, it's possible to get out of most things. If you don't have one that's highly regarded or reputable, it's actually possible to get away with even more.

Another peach, this time from the Livi Back to Square One thread.

This by Livibudgie.

The greater good, there is a definitive link between successful sporting teams and the regeneration/ activity in an ecconomy, areas that have lost an association with a team have seen marked downturns in this respect. Also the pounds spend at livingston is better than those fans going to Falkirk, Glasgow etc to watch their football. Lidl sees more turnover, the shops see more action as do the bars and resturants.

Massone had no visable way of paying off the debt. Therefore the statement is correct, without a new owner/ repayment arrangment the council would not have seen any of the money, it was not there!!

Secondly, as the owner of the ground, renting it out to Livi, the council may be liable for the maintenace of the ground, It could be that the new arrangements see the costs of repair fall at Livingstons feet, saving the council money.

As to if the ground could be used for other activities, would this not need a planning permision for change of activity?? And if the council is doing the change what authority do they approach to achieve this?

It's obviously infectious out in Livi.

Vile ? The guy said he had pictures of Massone in my car and I said if he could post them I would put £1000 into the fighting fund and never post again on the subject. The guy has been proved to be an outright liar along with most of the rest of the "Trust" board. Now that they have a hand in the running of the club more people will get to see that.

How much is in the Fighting Fund ? Have the St Andrew's Ambulance charity been paid yet ???

I think you and Robert Wilson are going to get on famously.

As I'm obviously one of the only people (or spaniel/ swampy in Duncan's words :rolleyes: ) in Scotland who has not seen this CVA! :o How much is owed to the charity Duncan?

If you weren't a Livi fan I'd send you a copy, hell I'd even send you a copy of the last one as well! :lol:

Correct on both accounts.

He will still go round in circles though rather than just admit he isn't supporting Livi these days & has a personal vandetta'a against a few genuine Livi supporters' :(

I wouldn't expect any less from the "Trust" arse lickers.

Why would I lie ? I was called by Andy Miller, who said he was calling on behalf of Ged Nixon. He said the club needed a hand with the website and if I was interested to call him back.

Once you've checked with Andy it would be nice if you came back, admitted I was right and issued an apology. I don't expect you will though :rolleyes:

As I'm obviously one of the only people (or spaniel/ swampy in Duncan's words :rolleyes: ) in Scotland who has not seen this CVA! :o How much is owed to the charity Duncan?

Oh................just around four grand as best as I can recall. Of course, being a charity, they can't push for repayment.......they can only ask nicely. That makes them easy touches for the less than morally scrupulous.

I think you and Robert Wilson are going to get on famously.

It would need to be a symbiotic relationship. MCL can clearly spell, and construct sentences. No doubt the other one has different skills to bring to the table. I'm not sure that they've been made public just yet, but I could hazard a guess.