Livingston - all the threads merged

I hear the fan on the board will be restricted to members of the "Trust" board.

So it looks like it's a prerequisite that you have to have been proved a good liar to be elected to the board of LFC :lol:

:rolleyes:

Not very community spirited if the club are restricting it to 8 people ? I'm sure there are business people amongst the support who would be interested and more able to do it than the amateurs on the "Trust" board, which is essentially a supporters club with 200 members ?

Maybe the club just want a yes man ? The one with the fattest arse gets the job ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's the quote from the letter I received giving the election information.

"For the post the Club requested that the nominees came from the exisiting LFL Trust Board, as this will ensure continuity with the ongoing work being done over this season and into the future."

The AGM is in February so anyone wanting to take the opportunity to eventually get elected to the board can apply to get on the Trust board then.

Are you suggesting that a supporter outwith the trust should have been elected when the trust are the ones that are giving the money?

Here's the quote from the letter I received giving the election information.

"For the post the Club requested that the nominees came from the exisiting LFL Trust Board, as this will ensure continuity with the ongoing work being done over this season and into the future."

The AGM is in February so anyone wanting to take the opportunity to eventually get elected to the board can apply to get on the Trust board then.

Are you suggesting that a supporter outwith the trust should have been elected when the trust are the ones that are giving the money?

There are more fans outwith the "Trust" than within. A lot of those fans gave money to the fighting fund thinking it was going straight to save the club when in fact the "Trust" still have the majority of it. They are using that money to further their own personal agenda - i.e. using other people's money to get a seat on the board.

It was collected under false pretences and it's not the first time they have misused funds.

And the quote is from the "Trust" and not the club. Surely the club is looking for a fan's rep on the board they should be inviting all fans to put their case forward then they could pick the best person for the job ?

There are more fans outwith the "Trust" than within. A lot of those fans gave money to the fighting fund thinking it was going straight to save the club when in fact the "Trust" still have the majority of it. They are using that money to further their own personal agenda - i.e. using other people's money to get a seat on the board.

It was collected under false pretences and it's not the first time they have misused funds.

And the quote is from the "Trust" and not the club. Surely the club is looking for a fan's rep on the board they should be inviting all fans to put their case forward then they could pick the best person for the job ?

Any thoughts on this one..

http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/showthre...4197#post324197

May be me misunderstanding it completely, but it looks like some of the Trust's money (may be the Fighting Fund referenced here) is being used to pay for a New Year's Eve party at Livingston FC. I'm sure it has been well publicised, lots of people have bought tickets etc, and will be successful (with lessons learned from the last 2 cancelled events.. the Brunch & Christmas party).

May be me misunderstanding it completely, but it looks like some of the Trust's money (may be the Fighting Fund referenced here) is being used to pay for a New Year's Eve party at Livingston FC. I'm sure it has been well publicised, lots of people have bought tickets etc, and will be successful (with lessons learned from the last 2 cancelled events.. the Brunch & Christmas party).

£31.50 a head freebie with your ST discount, awright for some. ;)

I certainly looks like another misuse of funds. Non-"Trust" members who threw money into the buckets will have to pay for a tickets while "Trust" members who maybe didn't put money in get free entry.

Maybe if the fighting fund money had been given to the club as it should have been some of the young players would have been kept on instead of facing the dole in the new year.

I've heard that ticket sales are poor again - not even double figures - so this is an attempt to get the numbers up. I'll be interested to learn how many of the "Trust" board turn up to support the event (and of course get a free night out on the fighting fund).

I've just spoken to a non-"Trust" member who donated to the fighting fund thinking the money was going direct to the club to save it from extinction. He wasn't very pleased when I told him of the offer for tonight.

"First of all they held onto the money the club was badly needing to use it to leverage shares from the club. Fans like me had given the money thinking it was going straight to save the club. No mention was made when they were shaking the buckets that they were going to hold onto it to blackmail the club for shares.

They said then that it was the best use of the money. Now they are using the money, not for the purpose of buying shares but to get freebies for them and their cronies. Compared to them Jim Devine and his fellow MPs come across as upright and honest citizens."

Confirmed on the Hearts website that the loan deal of Jonathon Brown has been extended until the end of the season.

Stephen Husband has been recalled though.

What the Livi boys thoughts on them? Husband looked a cracking player a while back but the loan doesnt seem to have been very sucessful.

Bound to be involved in match day squads but does he have anything to offer?

Quite surprised your keeping Brown given all our right backs are injured.

I don't think that qualifies as a thread 'explosion'. :rolleyes:

Get back to the cup thread.

*Sweep* *Sweep*

Running up debt to the tune of 400K and Livi fans are OK with that? You couldn't make it up. I was all for defending Livi and hoped they recovered, but this takes the biscuit. Unbelievable.

New decade, same old cheats. I thought that for the Teenies they'd cut out the middleman and just start attacking newborn babies with toffee hammers, but it seems they're hell-bent on traditional methods of malevolence.

Edited by vikingTON

Who is Livi supposed to be owed this money too? Doesn't sound to clever, if true.

Money to pay for catering, bar staff and entertainers for the Hogmanay bash last night ? I heard around forty people turned up, a good few were family and friends of "Trust" members on the freebie tickets. Less than ten people paid the £35 which probably didn't cover the band's fee.

PS - you're spelling isn't getting any better big man :lol:

Confirmed on the Hearts website that the loan deal of Jonathon Brown has been extended until the end of the season.

Stephen Husband has been recalled though.

What the Livi boys thoughts on them? Husband looked a cracking player a while back but the loan doesnt seem to have been very sucessful.

Bound to be involved in match day squads but does he have anything to offer?

Quite surprised your keeping Brown given all our right backs are injured.

I think Husband is a better player than Brown. He just couldn't get in a midfield which was really on-form. Very composed on the ball and you could tell he had a touch of class. I imagine he'll be able to offer something to your team in th future.

Brown, on the other hand, doesn't look very confident at all. Got sent off earlier in the season for a reckless challenge which came from shite control of the ball. If he wasn't on loan from Hearts, I don't think he'd be playing. Our make-shift right back has been better.