Livingston - all the threads merged

Good one, Muggy. However, I think I prefered you as the sniveling suck-up as opposed to the liar.

No need to get personal with me, mate. You didn't think Livi can remain full time in the Third Division whilst paying wages that are probably more than the likes of Airdrie, Ayr United, Raith Rovers and Ross County in the First Division, with virtually no support and all the maintenance costs, did you? I don't think it should surprise you that the club will run 400K into debt as a result of this season. I'm glad the media are picking up on it, too. Absolutely unbelievable that this is allowed to happen again.

Edited by Classy JL

No need to get personal with me, mate. You didn't think Livi can remain full time in the Third Division whilst paying wages that are probably more than the likes of Airdrie, Ayr United, Raith Rovers and Ross County in the First Division, with virtually no support and all the maintenance costs, did you? I don't think it should surprise you that the club will run 400K into debt as a result of this season. I'm glad the media are picking up on it, too. Absolutely unbelievable that this is allowed to happen again.

It might surprise you but I'm privy to certain information from the club. You're talking shite.

Daily Muggle Exclusive: "Muggy lies then gets upset". Imagine the horror of the 10 million people who buy the newspaper in Muggyland :lol:

Edited by EdinburghLivi

It might surprise you but I'm privy to certain information from the club. You're talking shite.

Quote of the year. :lol:

Daily Muggle Exclusive: "Muggy lies then gets upset". Imagine the horror of the 10 million people who buy the newspaper in Mugayland :lol:

:lol: Oh dear, what is that?

*sweep* *sweep*

400K debt being run up...

*sweep* *sweep*

Edited by Classy JL

Do all Livi related topics go in here or just financial related ones ??

I'll put it in here anyway,

But I see that David Winters has been rleased from Livi, and I believe that Dene Shields is on trial at the moment.

If Shields can stay fit, he'll be a good addition if he signs.

I'd believe you if you had any evidence. You've shown nothing.

It seems I'm not the only one onto this. MCL understands and has woken up. You need to do the same. Dundee need to cover a 400K shortfall in the First Division, fortunately subsidised by our fans and wonderful board of directors. Livi are losing at least this in the Third division. Full time, full time wages (First Division wages), maintenance, virtually no supporters, catering costs, etc, etc...

How much debt do you think Livi are running up in the Third Division in order to leave it? Serious question, but you'll no doubt dodge it.

Edited by Classy JL

Do all Livi related topics go in here or just financial related ones ??

I'll put it in here anyway,

But I see that David Winters has been rleased from Livi, and I believe that Dene Shields is on trial at the moment.

If Shields can stay fit, he'll be a good addition if he signs.

David was a but unfortunate. I imagine it was the same at County. A lot of hard work but just unfortunate in front of goal. He'd probably better on the wing as he does have skill.

Who was he with again? Presumably he's a striker? We're severely lacking in that department, down to two.

It seems I'm not the only one onto this. MCL understands and has woken up. You need to do the same. Dundee need to cover a 400K shortfall in the First Division, fortunately subsidised by our fans and wonderful board of directors. Livi are losing at least this in the Third division. Full time, full time wages (First Division wages), maintenance, virtually no supporters, catering costs, etc, etc...

How much debt do you think Livi are running up in the Third Division in order to leave it? Serious question, but you;ll no doubt dodge it.

MCL is constantly biting at the Trust and will take any opportunity to shoot them down. I doubt he'd be doing it if they weren't so involved at the club.

I realise we're spending more than we earn (I'm not completely stupid, believe it or not) but fortunately our BODs are very good as well. Buy a programme at the cup game and you'll probably get your answers in regards to finances.

How much debt? No idea. I'm content for the moment in the knowledge that wages are being paid on time and there is no knowledge of angry creditors.

MCL is constantly biting at the Trust and will take any opportunity to shoot them down. I doubt he'd be doing it if they weren't so involved at the club.

I realise we're spending more than we earn (I'm not completely stupid, believe it or not) but fortunately our BODs are very good as well. Buy a programme at the cup game and you'll probably get your answers in regards to finances.

How much debt? No idea. I'm content for the moment in the knowledge that wages are being paid on time and there is no knowledge of angry creditors.

Fair enough, we can leave it at that for now if you like, until it makes its way through mainstream media.

David was a but unfortunate. I imagine it was the same at County. A lot of hard work but just unfortunate in front of goal. He'd probably better on the wing as he does have skill.

Who was he with again? Presumably he's a striker? We're severely lacking in that department, down to two.

I liked David Winters as a player, he was probably the player who had the best goal scoring instinct at the club, the problem was he severly lacked confidence, and if he had time to think about what he was going to do, he would decide on two topics, and do something inbetween. However if the ball fell to him inside the box, 9 times out of 10 an instant shot would be on target.

As for Shields, he was a right sided attacker for County when he was with us two seasons ago in the second division, and was superb. He left to go on loan to East Fife. But he had problems with toe, an injury that kept re-occuring. Not sure exactly what. Bt in the end he left as he wasn't able to train full time. However he could manage part-time without much problem

I liked David Winters as a player, he was probably the player who had the best goal scoring instinct at the club, the problem was he severly lacked confidence, and if he had time to think about what he was going to do, he would decide on two topics, and do something inbetween. However if the ball fell to him inside the box, 9 times out of 10 an instant shot would be on target.

As for Shields, he was a right sided attacker for County when he was with us two seasons ago in the second division, and was superb. He left to go on loan to East Fife. But he had problems with toe, an injury that kept re-occuring. Not sure exactly what. Bt in the end he left as he wasn't able to train full time. However he could manage part-time without much problem

Confidence is one problem he really does have. His brother is generally the polar opposite and will finish any chances straight away, if he should score. He'll get a game for a second divison team easy, if not in the first.

Good stuff. I imagine he'll get a game against Elgin as a trialist if he's not signed by that point.

Hear no evil, where's 'Livi' and SDA to take their familiar roles?

Hear no evil, where's 'Livi' and SDA to take their familiar roles?

I always worry about the finances of the club. As long as bills are paid though, I must presume that the board are managing things in a correct manner. Would I prefer that we were part time and playing out of a "but n ben" ground? No not really so as the board see fit to continue to pay all their bills, I will continue to support them. They are after all the owners and can pretty much do as they wish. I will continue to do my bit in order to help the club generate as much cash as possible.

So is classy JL going to enlighten us about which paper this is in?

Don't encourage him.

I always worry about the finances of the club. As long as bills are paid though, I must presume that the board are managing things in a correct manner. Would I prefer that we were part time and playing out of a "but n ben" ground? No not really so as the board see fit to continue to pay all their bills, I will continue to support them. They are after all the owners and can pretty much do as they wish. I will continue to do my bit in order to help the club generate as much cash as possible.

Speak no evil.