Livingston - all the threads merged

I have it on good authority that over 1.5m of that is owed to directors and all but one have said they won't ask for the money back as agreed, the exception being previous director Nixon.

Obviously not great that we have to rely on so much from directors but once/if we are bought over by interested parties they will be able to start fresh basically dept free and get a model in place to live within our means.

I've also been told that Rankine takes nothing to do with the club but can't relinquish his shares until the Nixon case has been decided, with a decision pretty close.

I have it on good authority that over 1.5m of that is owed to directors and all but one have said they won't ask for the money back as agreed, the exception being previous director Nixon.

Obviously not great that we have to rely on so much from directors but once/if we are bought over by interested parties they will be able to start fresh basically dept free and get a model in place to live within our means.

I've also been told that Rankine takes nothing to do with the club but can't relinquish his shares until the Nixon case has been decided, with a decision pretty close.

Why can't Livi write off that debt then? If it's never to be repaid then clear it out?

Do you reckon it'll be part-time if you go down?

Why can't Livi write off that debt then? If it's never to be repaid then clear it out?

Do you reckon it'll be part-time if you go down?

Tbh I have no idea, i think it is all hinging on the Nixon case and whether the agreement by the directors not to take any money owed until the club was making a profit was a legal agreement or not, if it wasn't then that opens up a can of worms with other directors possibly claiming money owed to them which would plummet us into admin once again, but I believe that is very unlikely as the other directors out with Nixon have already agreed no matter what the outcome they wouldn't claim it back, I know that Rankine wants nothing, he wants out and doesn't want a penny of his money owed but can't get rid of the shares until the courts come back with a decision.

What I have heard is the interested party wants to turn the club into a community ownership club, lay an artificial pitch, and concentrate on youth development, there is no mention of part time football but obviously ambitions will need to be changed by fans, with a likely hood we would find out natural level yoyoing up and down from league 1 to the championship.

I think if you ask most Livi fans they would be happy with this as long as the club was run properly for a change.

Because they want it back.

Aye, I expect as much.

Tbh I have no idea, i think it is all hinging on the Nixon case and whether the agreement by the directors not to take any money owed until the club was making a profit was a legal agreement or not, if it wasn't then that opens up a can of worms with other directors possibly claiming money owed to them which would plummet us into admin once again, but I believe that is very unlikely as the other directors out with Nixon have already agreed no matter what the outcome they wouldn't claim it back, I know that Rankine wants nothing, he wants out and doesn't want a penny of his money owed but can't get rid of the shares until the courts come back with a decision.

What I have heard is the interested party wants to turn the club into a community ownership club, lay an artificial pitch, and concentrate on youth development, there is no mention of part time football but obviously ambitions will need to be changed by fans, with a likely hood we would find out natural level yoyoing up and down from league 1 to the championship.

I think if you ask most Livi fans they would be happy with this as long as the club was run properly for a change.

I find it hard to believe Rankine wants nothing out of this. He's either talking shite or he's already taken his piece.

What do you know about the interested party? Sorry for all the questions but I'm having a slow day at work.