Livingston - all the threads merged

From a players parents (a player that is playing nearly every week)

"The first problem you have with your club is Martindale, you'll get nowhere with him involved"

His words not mine, don't ask me what it's about but DM is basically the Assistant Manager, Secretary, Chairman and as far as I'm aware if he walked the club would fold.

Don't shoot the messenger just what I'm told.

I totally agree with the social media aspect, we must be the only club that posts important things on Facebook and Twitter at 1 o'clock in the morning when literally no one is awake to see it.

I also agree about the fans team, they do great but I'm not interested in them I'm interested in what the first team are doing, injuries, suspensions, what the manager has to say etc.

And finally letting under 12s in for free is great but they need to bring an adult, what's wrong with just letting kids in for free full stop ? I'd go as far as saying let u16s in for free.

And if these kids didn't follow Livingston on Twitter or Facebook how do they know there is a game even on.

From a players parents (a player that is playing nearly every week)

"The first problem you have with your club is Martindale, you'll get nowhere with him involved"

His words not mine, don't ask me what it's about but DM is basically the Assistant Manager, Secretary, Chairman and as far as I'm aware if he walked the club would fold.

Don't shoot the messenger just what I'm told.

Was the "you'll get nowhere with him" comment related to his coaching or just his presence at the club in general?

I feel uneasy about having someone who was locked up for 6 years for selling heroin playing a role within the club, I have no idea how he contributes though.

The thing that annoys me is Cole playing every week. This guy isn't capable at all and he's keeping a better player out the team. Time to bring back Morgyn Neil.

Read that Airdrie were going FT again, would say we're at least on par with their fanbase. Wouldn't take a great deal of effort to get more fans down to our games but there is absolutely no sign of anyone making an effort to do so. There isn't even any recognisable person at the helm, Gordon Ford makes the odd appearance when he's in the Country, then nothing...................

Great example to what can be done when someone is willing to make an effort is the AS, it was leased out to food creations and what a difference down there with a guy that knows you need to stick some live footy on, get the fecking beer sorted out, and spruce the place up a bit to get folk going down.

The rest of the club is still just going through the motions though, it desperately needs someone to take charge and actually know how to attract people along to games.

Talk about ill informed posts.

You've just written one.

You just can't teach stupid

Why noto find things out for yourselves and stop following all the livi tittal tattal.

Poor excuse for supporters.

Should call yourselves Shitstirrers instead of supporters....uneducated ones at that.....

Really?

No I am not DM but instead of looking at things that are in the past people should look at the 60 hour weeks minimum he puts into OUR Club and maybe thank people like DM instead of having a swipe at them

One thing that's very transparent is he (DM) has a criminal past & that's not a good advert for a community based club. Even if you work 60hrs a week.

You seem to know a lot that's going on in Livi FC

Wakey Wakey,if livi don't go part time,you won't have a club to support!!

I don't see any logic to your argument, will our overheads be any different PT?

Bloody doubt there are any PT teams paying what we are for their stadium and the general running of it.

Will our wage bill be lower?

From what I've read we're on par with PT teams on wages anyway, players from the lower leagues, junior football, on loan, young players and a few journeymen, you'll get all that further down the leagues with PT team.

The going PT will solve all your troubles solutions is just too simplistic and not thought out. If someone would just run the place properly it would give us a chance, that for me is where the problem is, PT/FT makes no difference when it's run like a clusterfuck and the overheads on the stadium sook up the money.​

​

Mmmm

Interesting

If DM walked we would have no club. Almost true as no one does as much as him down there I hear.

You are contradicting yourself?

If you a supporter from afar you seem to know so much going on?

Not a very inclusive supporters club though is it,if your a member of a certain ultras group,you certainly weren't wanted on the llsc bus!!!

Surely like any club if you behave yourself & respect the rules of travelling there won't be any issues?

Read that Airdrie were going FT again, would say we're at least on par with their fanbase. Wouldn't take a great deal of effort to get more fans down to our games but there is absolutely no sign of anyone making an effort to do so. There isn't even any recognisable person at the helm, Gordon Ford makes the odd appearance when he's in the Country, then nothing...................

Great example to what can be done when someone is willing to make an effort is the AS, it was leased out to food creations and what a difference down there with a guy that knows you need to stick some live footy on, get the fecking beer sorted out, and spruce the place up a bit to get folk going down.

The rest of the club is still just going through the motions though, it desperately needs someone to take charge and actually know how to attract people along to games.

Airdrie have rebuilt and well done to them as a club.

You are contradicting yourself?

If you a supporter from afar you seem to know so much going on?

Surely like any club if you behave yourself & respect the rules of travelling there won't be any issues?

After the Madsone debacle the livi support split in two,it's still the same today.What a set up pure shambles and from what I'm hearing the divide is getting ever wider!!

Also those who run the llsc/lions den forum seem to have an air of superiority to them,they seem to think theyre the true livi supporters and aw the rest don't count,when others do try to do something different they're treated with scorn.

lions Den is just. A forum like here or any other Livi forum?

LLSC is just running a bus any fan that surely behaves is welcome. We are all fans of the same club right?

One thing that's very transparent is he (DM) has a criminal past & that's not a good advert for a community based club. Even if you work 60hrs a week.

And you obviously DONT

Also those who run the llsc/lions den forum seem to have an air of superiority to them,they seem to think theyre the true livi supporters and aw the rest don't count,when others do try to do something different they're treated with scorn.

well said.

Was the "you'll get nowhere with him" comment related to his coaching or just his presence at the club in general?

I feel uneasy about having someone who was locked up for 6 years for selling heroin playing a role within the club, I have no idea how he contributes though.

The thing that annoys me is Cole playing every week. This guy isn't capable at all and he's keeping a better player out the team. Time to bring back Morgyn Neil.

His overall presence at the club, basically he said that the fans really need to get together and think long and hard about where the club is going because you'll get nowhere with Martindale running the show.