Livingston - all the threads merged

QUOTE They aren't digs at the SFA at all, they're digs at the SPFL which is made up of club representatives and a media monkey they can wheel out to take the flak for their shite ideas.

How can you say Rangers leaving the top flight has dulled interest when the evidence shows that more people are going to games? Are you telling me that people are going to games when they have no interest in it?

Why don't Celtic or Rangers sign the likes of Larsson/Laudrup/Gazza any more? Because it was entirely unsustainable and led to Rangers being liquidated which in turn has obviously affected Celtic because they can't live without each. The rest of Scottish football has gotten on just fine. QUOTE

Would you not prefer Rangers and Hibs got promoted and the Scottish First Division got back to its usual competitive self. Before Livingston got relegate to the 3rd the 1st Division was amazing! Don't think we finished in the top half once but anyone could beat anyone, was a far more entertaining situation. The best team I seen in that league was Ross County. This is because everyone was playing at the correct level. Everyone in the 1st division was 1st division level.

Get the top teams in the SPL, then get the SPFL/SFA or whoever to work on youth development, work to close the gap between the OF and the rest. That's the formula. It definitely won't happen but that's what needs to happen. Model it like Germany.

Edited by jacko_lfc147

Would you not prefer Rangers and Hibs got promoted and the Scottish First Division got back to its usual competitive self. Before Livingston got relegate to the 3rd the 1st Division was amazing! Don't think we finished in the top half once but anyone could beat anyone, was a far more entertaining situation. The best team I seen in that league was Ross County. This is because everyone was playing at the correct level. Everyone in the 1st division was 1st division level.

Get the top teams in the SPL, then get the SPFL/SFA or whoever to work on youth development, work to close the gap between the OF and the rest. That's the formula. It definitely won't happen but that's what needs to happen. Model it like Germany.

Well it would make things a bit easier for Dumbarton, but the situation in this division over the last 3 or 4 years has been a special one and we haven't marketed it at all, just keep telling everyone the game's humped.

The top teams ARE in the "SPL" though, why is that so hard to understand? Saying "Rangers have more fans so should be in the top division" is the type of attitude that ruins the game. If their football team is good enough to be up there then that's where they'll go. Until then they can stay here and fight it out with us.

In order for us to model anything like Germany we need to have the 50+1 rule, an SPFL board which is capable of selling itself rather than only looking at self-interest and prices to fall. We've not even taken the first step down any of those roads.

I don't know I've not seen there books. Have you? They do get large attendances and have been getting in younger loan players so they might be doing ok. I heard Falkirk are paying Hippolyte £5000 a week though. I dunno though.

You don't need to see the books but they have to publicly announce the loans to the stock exchange. Details can be found easily by these statements. They are still spending 7-10 million per year more than they earn. Still willing to risk admin in a desperate attempt to catch Celtic.

You don't need to see the books but they have to publicly announce the loans to the stock exchange. Details can be found easily by these statements. They are still spending 7-10 million per year more than they earn. Still willing to risk admin in a desperate attempt to catch Celtic.

This season under new ownership? £7-10 million seems a bit steep considering the have signed players like Andy Halliday ect. I wouldn't say there wages would be that extravagant compared to the last few seasons.

This season under new ownership? £7-10 million seems a bit steep considering the have signed players like Andy Halliday ect. I wouldn't say there wages would be that extravagant compared to the last few seasons.

Halliday spent most of his career kicking about at relatively big clubs in England. I know an ex-Championship player who went down to a much smaller club than Bradford and sat on the bench for a year for something like 2k a week. Halliday will be on a decent wage, but no where near as much as Wallace who I believe is their highest paid. Comfortably.

It's a different world down south these days in terms of wages. Back in the early 90's it was still possible to entice decent players from the English leagues to come and play in Scotland but nowadays the majority of players swapping English football for up here are guys that simply cant cut it down there. Look at Aberdeen for instance. Their team is full of players that have gone down south, failed miserably and returned back up here to get a game.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't be the only Livi fan tired of seeing Calum Carson bumming some of the players up on Twitter re: fan abuse. I don't here much abuse from the stands, but even then were 2nd bottom of the league and have been rotten for years.

Too many bed wetters getting involved with Livi again.

Yeah josh mullin's had a decent amount of game time and is a decent player good runner with the ball.

Have only started following Callum Carson recently so can't really say tired but he does seem to slate anyone who gives criticism to the team as if things are going great and we're not 2nd bottom in the league. Some of our fans think if you only give the team praise even when they're playing s*** things will magically get better.

Yeah josh mullin's had a decent amount of game time and is a decent player good runner with the ball.

Have only started following Callum Carson recently so can't really say tired but he does seem to slate anyone who gives criticism to the team as if things are going great and we're not 2nd bottom in the league. Some of our fans think if you only give the team praise even when they're playing s*** things will magically get better.

His football knowledge is very limited. Probably why he fits in well at Livi.