Livingston - all the threads merged

7 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

And it looks like John Ward will be overseeing the installation of a Plastic Pitch for next season

PlasticPitch.jpg

Encouraging move. There is an argument amongst the purists for grass pitches, which I agree with to a degree, but having this type of surface makes sure that we're bringing in money throughout the week and not just on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I will be buying shares in the club too,when they become available. Would advise all my fellow livi fans if they can to do likewise :thumsup2

Same, I'm keen to set up monthly payments to buy shares each month. 

Gallagher signing for 2 years tells me a lot about the direction the club is heading in, he could easily have went elsewhere and got a lot more money but he clearly believes in the club and the manager. 

Loyalty is rare in football, the club have shown him loyalty through a difficult phase in his life and he's returned that by signing on the dotted line. 

Brilliant piece of business by all involved :thumsup2

Fans' POTY - Scott Pittman
Fans' YPOTY - Craig Halkett

Players' POTY - Scott Pittman

LLSC POTY - Scott Pittman
LLSC YPOTY - Nicky Cadden

Board POTY - Danny Mullen

Goal of the Season - Sean Crighton v Airdrie

Top Goalscorer - Liam Buchanan 

Jordan White not being retained at Wrexham next season, I know he splits opinions amongst us but he is exactly the type of striker we need to add next season. 

Could we tempt him back ? His best mate is Declan Gallagher. 

I for one thought he was excellent with us, always gave 100% and would welcome him back with open arms. 

Edited by andylivi1

1 hour ago, B0baFatt said:

Think trying to get Todorov on loan from Hearts again would be a better option than bringing Whyte back

Personally think White is better and has experience on his side, knows the championship and we know he scores goals in that league. 

Not sure how that would work our Andy. Both White and Buchanan got messed about that much neither of them scored as many goals as they would've, had just one of them been chosen as our main striker and played in every game, and i'm happy having Mullen and Buchanan as our first choice strikers, I think they've got a good partnership going. If White came back i'd prefer him to be played the same as Todorov would, as a plan B for something different, or to come in when we get an injury or suspension to Mullen and Buchanan. Really don't want the chopping and changing every game again.

Saying that if Buchanan doesn't sign back up then White would be ideal, because he'd score 15+ goals in the Championship the same as Buchanan would, and I think Mullen will be capable of getting above 10 goals playing alongside him too. Failing that then I'd go for Andy Ryan, either of those 3 would be a good strike pairing with Mullen.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

We played 1 up top that season though, we had no real options out wide and the chopping and changing was more due to poor form, trying to turn things around etc 

I get the impression that we may line up 5,3,2 or 3,5,2 next season with wing backs, GK (Alexander ?) Gallagher, Crighton, Halkett, Mullin, Pittman, Jacobs, Byrne, Cadden/Longridge, Mullen, White/Buchanan. 

That then leaves us with De Vita, Miller, Lithgow, Carrick, etc on the bench plus one or two new additions, that is ofcourse if the rest stay put and sign new contracts.

We need a target man, Jordan White ticks that box, he scores goals and he works his socks off, id be very happy to have Mullen, Buchanan, White and Carrick as my 4 striking options next season, because I think you need 4 at that level. 

As for Andy Ryan he would be a great signing but I can't see us paying any amount of money for him and I'd think Airdrie would want at least 40-60k for him. 

We were chopping and changing right from the start of the season Andy, White, Buchanan, Mullen and Sheerin were tried with each other and we weren't getting a settled starting striker. Against Clyde we had Buchanan and M|ullen in midfield, then Mullen, Buchanan & White against Clyde in the League cup, same again for our league opener against Raith, then Buchanan up front and White on the bench for the QoS game. Next game was a Petrofac cup against QoS again and Buchanan was dropped for Sheerin and White up front. I could go on but it was like that all season.

Mullen has established himself as a striker and not a winger of CM, so i'd prefer he stayed playing there with Buchs up front next season. I just feel if we sign White we start rotating the 3 of them ever week and never have a settled pair, and I don't think that'll do any of them any good not being played every week.

I agree with you about not having the wingers last season, def would've gotten us more goals getting balls delivered to White in the box from the wings rather than lumped up the centre to him.

Yeah i'd be happy with Buchs or White but if we don't get one of them then I think we'd need someone like Ryan, Maybe have to sell Knox to get him, you'd think at some point Knox will be sold, we've been touting him for 2 seasons now.

You've got some memory :lol:

I just think we need a striker like White, look at the impact Toderov has made, when it starts to get to that point in the season when pitches start cutting up, we start going a little longer he will make a huge difference. 

He's available, he knows the club, he scores goals and for the most part well liked by the fans, id sign him without even thinking about it, we need 4 strikers that would be my 4. 

Edited by andylivi1

Todorov is out of contract at Hearts as far as I know, and I have a funny feeling we'll make a move for him. Bringing back White would be a tremendous move, a marmite player but he left here as one of the only players to come out of last season with any credit. Personally, I'm a big fan of the guy but I think he can do better than us, unfortunately.

Going to get a bit of stick here but I don't think Buchanan is good enough to start in the Championship. He has a great finishing instinct but I'm not sure he has the pace to cause the bother required. White and Mullen with Buchanan off the bench and available for rotation would be a dream strike force for us.

I'd be disappointed if we don't even offer Shagz something, would love to see him back. Got a feeling he'll sign for someone else in the Conference though, unless he actively wants to come back up to Scotland.

Also think Alexander would be a decent signing, might be interested in at least a 1 year deal coming towards the end of his career at a club he spent a few years with ages ago. Right back will be another interesting one though, hoping we don't just persist with Crighton there, would rather we had a proper RB.

Just now, Afro said:

Todorov is out of contract at Hearts as far as I know, and I have a funny feeling we'll make a move for him. Bringing back White would be a tremendous move, a marmite player but he left here as one of the only players to come out of last season with any credit. Personally, I'm a big fan of the guy but I think he can do better than us, unfortunately.

Going to get a bit of stick here but I don't think Buchanan is good enough to start in the Championship. He has a great finishing instinct but I'm not sure he has the pace to cause the bother required. White and Mullen with Buchanan off the bench and available for rotation would be a dream strike force for us.

He caused plenty bother in the Championship for Alloa and did a pretty good job with us too (would've done better if he got more game time too and wasn't swapped every other week with White), and has just had a tremendous season in League One, so I really don't see your logic Afro. Imo he's hitting the best form of his career and is a very fit looking guy, obv knows how to look after himself both on and off the pitch as he hasn't had any injuries with us. He has a good burst of pace over a short distance too and is a very accurate striker that very rarely misses the target when he shoots. I'd still say he'd be ahead of Mullen in scoring goals next season. In contrast White is slow over the first 10 yards till he gets a bit of a run to build up speed but his long stride kicks in after that.

The striker rotation is a big reason we struggled in the Championship last season, i'm totally opposed to doing it again with those 3 players, i'd rather just not sign one of them than do that.