Quick Question Thread

Anyone ever had surgery on their hand (or is a doctor)?

I severed the tendons in my finger 3 weeks ago and had emergency surgery to peel and repair them the next day.

I've had my cast off for over a week and I'm doing my physio while still in the splint. But when is all this swelling going to go?

I also have a slightly less pleasant question, but I've got a thin flap of dead skin from the peel & stitch. Should I just cut it off or wait for it to fall off itself?

I severed the tendons in my finger 3 weeks ago and had emergency surgery to peel and repair them the next day.

I've had my cast off for over a week and I'm doing my physio while still in the splint. But when is all this swelling going to go?

I also have a slightly less pleasant question, but I've got a thin flap of dead skin from the peel & stitch. Should I just cut it off or wait for it to fall off itself?

I'm a hand surgeon so can assure you that your swelling should have gone down by now and your hand will need to be amputated. That flap of dead skin is just the beginning, the rest of your hand will soon follow.

I'm a hand surgeon so can assure you that your swelling should have gone down by now and your hand will need to be amputated. That flap of dead skin is just the beginning, the rest of your hand will soon follow.

I concur with this prognosis and suggest you also have a foot amputated as a precaution.

This is how the Walking Dead started.

Stop wanking so much (or at least change hands) and eat the flat of flesh (don't toast it if you're having it with soup though).

Didn't know pot noodles still existed - thought they were pretty exotic as a youngster and would have them for lunch at high school from some corner shop (Beef & Tomato or some green pot that was allegedly chicken and mushroom). Recently rediscovered Super Noodles though.

Didn't know pot noodles still existed - thought they were pretty exotic as a youngster and would have them for lunch at high school from some corner shop (Beef & Tomato or some green pot that was allegedly chicken and mushroom). Recently rediscovered Super Noodles though.

Exotic? Ffs theres a term I never thought I'd see used for a pot noodle

Thanks guys. Am I best to go to the hospital or just amputate them myself? I have kitchen knives and a hedge trimmer if that helps.

Definitely go for self amputation because it can be a really interesting talking point if you're in a situation where you're looking for a really interesting talking point.

Here's a wee tip for you, start with the foot. No. Need to thank me.

Definitely go for self amputation because it can be a really interesting talking point if you're in a situation where you're looking for a really interesting talking point.

Here's a wee tip for you, start with the foot. No. Need to thank me.

Cruel, remind me never to interact with you. It seems as if you are encouraging self harm.

Can somebody link me to "Cheerio from Chiggsy" tried searching, can't find it......

TIA

Just go to the main forum page, at the bottom there's a link to "highest reputation content". It's #1.

Or just go here

Edited by Spain