Quick Question Thread

A close relative has recently been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. At what stage am I best asking for a loan of a large sum of money in the hope that they remember to give said cash but then forget to ask for it back?

8 minutes ago, Ross. said:

A close relative has recently been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. At what stage am I best asking for a loan of a large sum of money in the hope that they remember to give said cash but then forget to ask for it back?

7 years before they die, or you'll be liable for inheritance tax.

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

7 years before they die, or you'll be liable for inheritance tax.

Well, he's already 4 years older than the average for the West of Scotland, so I'd rate that as an unlikely target.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Well, he's already 4 years older than the average for the West of Scotland, so I'd rate that as an unlikely target.

You'd better get on it ASAP then.

ETA: and prepare some sort of "Weekend at Uncle Bernie's"-type plan.

Edited by Mark Connolly

3 hours ago, Ross. said:

Power of attorney is the way to go. You can take all the money whenever you like and sell his house. He'll be none the wiser.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Power of attorney is the way to go. You can take all the money whenever you like and sell his house. He'll be none the wiser.

Sadly, I don't think Power of Attorney is an option now, as a result of the diagnoses being made. On the plus side, I can ask for some money and if the answer is positive, ask again 15 minutes later. And again. And again.

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

Sadly, I don't think Power of Attorney is an option now, as a result of the diagnoses being made. On the plus side, I can ask for some money and if the answer is positive, ask again 15 minutes later. And again. And again.

There's a terrific organization called Foitball Memories League, they have groups all over Scotland. You should see about getting him along to one of their sessions. 

G-Bo

http://footballmemoriesleague.co.uk

17 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

There's a terrific organization called Foitball Memories League, they have groups all over Scotland. You should see about getting him along to one of their sessions. 

G-Bo

I think they've been on Off The Ball a couple of times. It's strange how with all our miracle medicines that simple stuff like talking about football or musical memories can help bring a bit of clarity back to people.

4 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

G-Bo

...and go through their coat pockets while they listen to the old daftie waffling about the good old days.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

...and go through their coat pockets while they listen to the old daftie waffling about the good old days.

What you going to do with all those werther's originals, sarge?

G-Bo 

31 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

So earlier today I shunted a young lady's behind and left her rear end in a bit of a mess.

Any idea how much indiscretion would cost to fix?

23f0ca51ebe136b0365888f72734da6e.jpg

mattydfc will make sure she's never heard from again for £2000. So, that's where the bidding starts, gentlemen.

3 hours ago, Mozzamozza said:

So earlier today I shunted a young lady's behind and left her rear end in a bit of a mess.

Any idea how much indiscretion would cost to fix?

23f0ca51ebe136b0365888f72734da6e.jpg

I'll bet you were wearing your green jeans at the time, serves you right.