Quick Question Thread

25 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
28 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Whatever language they're taught to read and write in.

Yeah but how do they know what the words sound like?

They don't, but they can picture the words and picture things they can associate with them.

For intstance when I see the words fish and chips, I picture something like this....

download.jpg

Guest Moomintroll

They don't, but they can picture the words and picture things they can associate with them.
For intstance when I see the words fish and chips, I picture something like this....
download.jpg.20cdf8dc582aeb8006a0ca43b7e74606.jpg
My head hurts.

Do you mean the inside lane?  Lorry drivers should only be flashing other lorries once they are past them to let them know they are safe to pull back in. Occasionally it's to let other truckers know there is half a prostitute hanging out the back of their trailer. 

I meant to write ‘from’ not ‘into’, but aye.

Flashing the lights to let another trucker know they’re good to pull back over in front of them I’ve always understood. But I don’t get why they do it to drivers in significantly smaller, faster vehicles, when the roads are quiet and there’s very next to no chance of taking one in the rear end from a trucker...

Always used to be my meeting point/first pint in Glasgow which is now Droothys. Cracking big brass covered bar and excellent Tennents the Ingram had.

Droothys is also a very good pub, been done up recently. I work in the office across the road from it.