Quick Question Thread

18 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't masturbate and have a BMI of 17.

The end of REC springs to mind.

In other news, what would Arnie have done if he'd killed Sarah Connor in The Terminator, or Robert Patrick if he'd killed John Connor in T2? Just retire to suburbia and wait for the bombs to drop?

There's an arthouse film to be made about the ennui of a future killbot that completes its mission and kicks about for years waiting for its creator to be invented.

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's an arthouse film to be made about the ennui of a future killbot that completes its mission and kicks about for years waiting for its creator to be invented.

No doubt it would just end up wanking itself to malfunction.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

No doubt it would just end up wanking itself to malfunction.

Wow, we got to "is the T-800 fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques?" way faster than I expected.

Edit: I'm thinking about this more than is healthy. We know they can't self-terminate, so presumably they would actually have to wait around until the robot uprising. If they started killing random humans too soon, they'd likely be destroyed themselves and warn humanity of the danger of AI and robotics early enough that Skynet might not become self-aware. Presumably neither were aware that Arnie's remains were used to create Skynet in the first place (spoilers).

Maybe they would find a cave somewhere remote and w**k themselves into oblivion, as per Mullarkey's fantasy.

Edited by BFTD

Terminators are covered in human skin but they don't have any other human organs to maintain it, so presumably the skin would die and fall off about 48 hours after the initial time travel (at most). It'd be a bit hard to blend in after that.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Terminators are covered in human skin but they don't have any other human organs to maintain it, so presumably the skin would die and fall off about 48 hours after the initial time travel (at most). It'd be a bit hard to blend in after that.

Maybe pretend to be an animatronic at some funfair, like the mummified body that was used as a prop years after anyone knew it was an actual corpse.

24 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Wow, we got to "is the T-800 fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques?" way faster than I expected.

Edit: I'm thinking about this more than is healthy. We know they can't self-terminate, so presumably they would actually have to wait around until the robot uprising. If they started killing random humans too soon, they'd likely be destroyed themselves and warn humanity of the danger of AI and robotics early enough that Skynet might not become self-aware. Presumably neither were aware that Arnie's remains were used to create Skynet in the first place (spoilers).

Maybe they would find a cave somewhere remote and w**k themselves into oblivion, as per Mullarkey's fantasy.

If they complete their mission, they wouldn’t exist in the future, so perhaps they just disappear like Marty McFly started to? On the other hand, you could argue that the terminator couldn’t succeed for the same reason.

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Thats my retirement plan.

Retirement? OK Boomer. I'm just hoping they bury me after I drop at the production line.

At least we have the wanking in common.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

In other news, what would Arnie have done if he'd killed Sarah Connor in The Terminator, or Robert Patrick if he'd killed John Connor in T2? Just retire to suburbia and wait for the bombs to drop?

Move to New York and start a new career singing  in Musicals on Broadway.  Perfect disguise.  Nobody would suspect a thing,

14 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Move to New York and start a new career singing  in Musicals on Broadway.  Perfect disguise.  Nobody would suspect a thing,

Today I discovered there are loads of disturbing musical AI-rnold Schwarzenegger videos on YouTube.

On 30/01/2024 at 18:40, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't masturbate and have a BMI of 17.

Either I'm used to the font or it changed back. This is the only site where I noticed a difference.

Don't watch Star Trek. Don't oil up the baseball bat.

f9795a6d-ae95-44c8-b682-67784552d2ad_tex