Quick Question Thread

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If that was my current local, the bar maids would be forever having to sling their droopy jubblies over their shoulder to stop them falling into your pint.

8 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, that's a bit weird right enough. Not sure I'd like to see the middle aged barmaids in my local getting their saggy chebs out. Probably droop right into the drips tray.

corrie.jpeg.a9eba9138112540665a171da33047009.jpeg

On 22/07/2024 at 07:58, 'WellDel said:

Aye, that's a bit weird right enough. Not sure I'd like to see the middle aged barmaids in my local getting their saggy chebs out. Probably droop right into the drips tray.

All right if you're drinking milk stout.

I've been watching this Twilight Sad video, does anyone know where the pub is that's shown?

Not easy to figure since everything written and spoken (lip reading doesn't help) in the video is backwards.

Edited by CityDave94

Do only fans accounts (Astrid Wett for example) fall under the same bracket as prostitutes? I am in a debate about it on Twitter and not even sure I’m right or not for saying she isn’t a prostitute as she sells her content online as opposed to being paid directly for sex. 

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Do only fans accounts (Astrid Wett for example) fall under the same bracket as prostitutes? I am in a debate about it on Twitter and not even sure I’m right or not for saying she isn’t a prostitute as she sells her content online as opposed to being paid directly for sex. 

One way or another Throbs, we all prostitute ourselves to some extent every day we go into work. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

One way or another Throbs, we all prostitute ourselves to some extent every day we go into work. 

I wouldn’t have said so unless we are degrading ourselves one way or another 

Has anyone any recommendations for external home CCTV? Neighbour of mine is getting harrassed (not by me) & was asking.

Verisure seems to be the go to.

Any input is welcome.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Has anyone any recommendations for external home CCTV? Neighbour of mine is getting harrassed (not by me) & was asking.

Verisure seems to be the go to.

Any input is welcome.

Are they middle class and white? 

8 hours ago, throbber said:

I wouldn’t have said so unless we are degrading ourselves one way or another 

Degrading for who? Who decides whether in being degraded, me or someone else?

16 minutes ago, Peil said:

Degrading for who? Who decides whether in being degraded, me or someone else?

What kind of work are you talking about here?

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

What kind of work are you talking about here?

Any of it, general office work, only fans, full paid prostitution. 

If the person is doing it of their own volition then who decides it's degrading if they are comfortable with it?

46 minutes ago, Peil said:

Any of it, general office work, only fans, full paid prostitution. 

If the person is doing it of their own volition then who decides it's degrading if they are comfortable with it?

We’ll nobody decides that but my post was in response to a claim that one way or another we all prostitute ourselves every day we go to work which I don’t think is a valid claim.

I wasn’t saying OF work was degrading and my initial question was whether or not it was prostitution. 

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

We’ll nobody decides that but my post was in response to a claim that one way or another we all prostitute ourselves every day we go to work which I don’t think is a valid claim.

I wasn’t saying OF work was degrading and my initial question was whether or not it was prostitution. 

Whether something is degrading or not is an interesting question.

Maybe factors to consider, depending on the person, might be -

- would I be happy to hear that my wife, son or daughter were doing it?

or

- if I was doing it, would my parents or children be happy about telling their friends?

Late back to the party @throbber , sorry. 

My point was initially a flippant throwaway but I’ll double down on it and at the same time agree with (I think) your view that if work was your top priority today then, no, you’ve not prostituted yourself. 

If however there was something more fulfilling or rewarding that you chose to forego to go to work to earn some coin then, yes, you have prostituted yourself.