Quick Question Thread

I'm leaving my part time job after 2 years, what sort of stuff do i want to put in my notice?

Cheers

Depends on whether you liked the job and whether you will ever need a reference from them.

I'm leaving my part time job after 2 years, what sort of stuff do i want to put in my notice?

Cheers

Not much. I would generally go with:

"Dear [ ]

I am writing to inform you that I have decided to leave [ ] in order to [whatever you're going to do]. Please accept this letter as my formal notice of resignation, with the [ ] week notice period commencing today.

[Whilst I am aware that my contractual notice period is [ ] weeks, I would be grateful if you could consider shortening this to [ ] weeks in order to allow me to [ ]].

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to work with you over the last two years [and any other (positive) stuff along these lines.]

Yours sincerely,

[ ]

Not much. I would generally go with:

"Dear [ ]

I am writing to inform you that I have decided to leave [ ] in order to [whatever you're going to do]. Please accept this letter as my formal notice of resignation, with the [ ] week notice period commencing today.

[Whilst I am aware that my contractual notice period is [ ] weeks, I would be grateful if you could consider shortening this to [ ] weeks in order to allow me to [ ]].

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to work with you over the last two years [and any other (positive) stuff along these lines.]

Yours sincerely,

[ ]

Perfect, Thank You

Pay £10 to join the Platinum Club. It also removes the adverts and the flood control.

Cheers, but as a tight-fisted, tight a*sed student I won't be shelling out the cash. The ads don't bother me so much anyway since I use firefox.

Unfortunately not.

I'm going to the court case of a 1st division side's captain.

If it was today how did it go? Davidson is a complete prick. That is all.

Edit: Can anyone tell me if there are any service disruptions between Fife and Edinburgh on Saturday the 17th? I cant see anything on-line but i thought i saw something on a sign on Waverley(i was running so couldnt really see it)? Cheers.

Edited by Cowden til i die

What is the history behind chefs wearing chequered trousers?

As an ex chef i dont know.I have Googled but to no great avail.

Some say is hides stains,but nowadays you get all sorts of weird and wonderful designs.I still do a bit of chef work on the side,and i still wear the traditional blue and white check.

Has anyone met/seen a gypsy before?

I was staying at a hotel in England for a wedding last week, and went out to the car park to drive home. Under the car next to us were 4 people in sleeping bags, and the typical traveller get-up. Bizarre

Quite a few. Estimates put the amount of Gypsys in the country at around 300,000.