Quick Question Thread

Yep - a few folk I know have used their drivers license etc for UK flights

This actually depends on the airline, I can only speak for Ryanair who will only accept a passport, and easy jet who will allow a full driving licence instead.

This actually depends on the airline, I can only speak for Ryanair who will only accept a passport, and easy jet who will allow a full driving licence instead.

Easyjet also allow you to produce a Provisional licence as well. We fly internally quite a lot and my girlfriend uses this every time as form of ID and it's never been a problem.

I am considering travelling some distance on a train in the near future. It will no doubt involve changing trains at various stations over a few days.

Train users - is there a ticket you can buy for the trains that can get you anywhere you want say over a week for a fixed fee or would it be a case of having to swap trains and keep buying return tickets from where i've had to switch trains?

Not disagreeing with that. It's not something I'd considering working as. Doubt I'd do well in sales.

I was asked back for another interview today after making the 'final 10' but decided against going as sales isnt my game either.

I am considering travelling some distance on a train in the near future. It will no doubt involve changing trains at various stations over a few days.

Train users - is there a ticket you can buy for the trains that can get you anywhere you want say over a week for a fixed fee or would it be a case of having to swap trains and keep buying return tickets from where i've had to switch trains?

I looked into a ticket like this when going around Europe but ended up being more expensive than buying singles between the places I wanted to go.

Never seen anything like this for the UK though - it would probably lose them money of course, hence the reason.

When there are topics culled from this site does your post count go down if you happened to contribute?

Yeah, there's been a cull recently and I lost a few hundred posts. Now I'm spamming the board with utter drivel in an attempt to regain my former glory

Edited by Shawfield Stallion

Yeah, there's been a cull recently and I lost a few hundred posts. Now I'm spamming the board with utter drivel in an attempt to regain my former glory

No. There wasn't actually a cull, Div just changed something that meant that only active posts appeared in post counts. Normally, your post count won't change when there is a cull.

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer this exactly.

Does anyone stay in the Hub in Dundee?

I basically need an opinion on whether its worth the cost to stay there!

I do not, have not and never will stay in 'The Hub'.

I do know people who have and if you do choose this lamentable course of action you are a fool. There are far better places near the university for far less money.

Do not be a fool.

I do not, have not and never will stay in 'The Hub'.

I do know people who have and if you do choose this lamentable course of action you are a fool. There are far better places near the university for far less money.

Do not be a fool.

I get the feeling that you're not recommending it...