Quick Question Thread

Since this is a quick question thread, can I ask why you live in Czech Republic?

I didn't particularly like living in the UK and I love(d) it here. I had the offer of a good job (which I've since left) which I saw as an opportunity not to waste. Simple as that really.

Sooky, I've honestly never seen so many questions come from the one person. It's frightening.

Anyways, I put on a coupon at the Ladbrokes in Celtic Park on Saturday. When I got back to Cowdenbeath today, I went in to the Ladbrokes there and handed over the winning coupon (the green slip which had been stamped to verrify it). They tell me that it's 'not on the system' (24 hours after the bet came up). Tried again later and the wifey said the same.

What rights, if any, do I have? This is the first chance I've had to moan about it so haven't had time to phone any customer services etc.

I've to go and get a tooth pulled in a couple of weeks and the dozy mare at my local Dental practice has just put the place down as Albion Street, Glasgow.

I'm guessing this is Albion Street in Merchant City, but can anyone confirm if they know of this great place?

Much appreciated. :)

Is there a hotel close to (ie within walking distance) of Gatwick Airport?

I'm sure I've seen one when I've been passing through in the past but I can't remember its name.

Why does it have to be walking distance?

Most of the hotels have complimentary shuttle buses.

I'm sure I've seen one when I've been passing through in the past but I can't remember its name.

There's a Marriott beside the long stay carpark.

Edited by Mr Ruggy

Most of the large chains have hotels at Gatwick Airport.

I tend to use the Travelodge which is always clean and a decent price.

Why does it have to be walking distance?

Most of the hotels have complimentary shuttle buses.

Because I'm not getting in until late at night and I can't be bothered hanging about for a bus, most hotel websites that I looked at run their buses every 30/40 minutes, knowing my luck I'll just miss one and have to hang around for a while, easier if I can just walk there.

There's a Marriott beside the long stay carpark.

Most of the large chains have hotels at Gatwick Airport.

I tend to use the Travelodge which is always clean and a decent price.

Thankyou :)

My manager requested my holiday request for the middle of June and offered me the next week. He knows fine well that i have a holiday booked for that date and i put the request in mid-January. He is only doing it to be difficult as i didnt speak to him before i booked, i only requested the holiday just after i booked it. There's two of us in the same boat as we are going away together. What the hell do i do now? Leave? Talk to him again? Try and swap my shifts which will be a nightmare.

Its only a part-time job to fund my studies so at the moment im at the stage where i will leave it untill closer to the time, not the best option i know.

If you don't necessarily need the job find your notice period out, then wait til uni is over for the year, if he won't give you the time off, then hand your notice in with enough time to let you go on holiday and get a new job on your return.

What ever happened to the guy with the massive head who used to do the Soccer Specials on Sky Sports News?

rob-mccaffrey.jpg

????

Rob McCaffrey. Currently working for 'Showtime Arabia', introducing english football to those of a warmer climate. :D