Quick Question Thread

Looking to book my Theory Test online for a fortnights time. Does anyone know the site you go on to do this as there seems to be a few and i don't want to do it via. a fake.

Also, how did people study for their Theory Tests? My mates giving me a DVD tomorrow but i was wondering if anyone had a better way..

Cheeeeeeers.

Looking to book my Theory Test online for a fortnights time. Does anyone know the site you go on to do this as there seems to be a few and i don't want to do it via. a fake.

Also, how did people study for their Theory Tests? My mates giving me a DVD tomorrow but i was wondering if anyone had a better way..

Cheeeeeeers.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/DG_066356

If you fail it the first three times, you suddenly become too scared to fail it the fourth.

Worked for me, anyway.

Cheeeeeeers.

Do mock tests on the DVD again and again until you've learned most of the answers from memory. Most answers are relatively common sense.

The DVD will also contain hazard perception stuff. Click every time you see a hazard and when you see a developing one, click then wait a second and click again to guarantee that you'll not get 0 marks for noticing it develop too early (a flaw in the way the software works). Don't just bash continuously, but if you click a fair bit in a disrupted rhythm it doesn't tend to pick it up as cheating.

Here is the DSA's official site for booking tests: CLICKY

Cheeeeeeers.

It'll be on the DSA site.

When I first did the hazard perception mock test I failed it time after time. It's only once you learn when to click and exactly what you're looking for that it becomes dead easy.

I can easily see why people who haven't had a practice go at it fail it in the real test.

Thanks for the help, can't get one booked for a suitable date at the moment.. only one is a week away which i don't think would be enough time to study? Doesn't help that i'm going to be away in Edinburgh for the majority of the next 5 weeks.

Thanks for the help, can't get one booked for a suitable date at the moment.. only one is a week away which i don't think would be enough time to study? Doesn't help that i'm going to be away in Edinburgh for the majority of the next 5 weeks.

Why not book in an Edinburgh test centre?

When I first did the hazard perception mock test I failed it time after time. It's only once you learn when to click and exactly what you're looking for that it becomes dead easy.

I can easily see why people who haven't had a practice go at it fail it in the real test.

How many times did you fail it then? :P

Edited by Cowden til i die

Why not book in an Edinburgh test centre?

Thought of that myself so went on Google Maps and it doesn't seem to be too far from Corstorphine Road where i'll be saying so that looks like the most likely option, it wasn't till i seen they gave me a list of test centres that it clicked as i would have to go to Stirling anyway so it would actually be quicker and easier this way.

Thought of that myself so went on Google Maps and it doesn't seem to be too far from Corstorphine Road where i'll be saying so that looks like the most likely option, it wasn't till i seen they gave me a list of test centres that it clicked as i would have to go to Stirling anyway so it would actually be quicker and easier this way.

The Theory Test centre in Ednburgh is over the road from the Omni cinema. Easy to find.

The Theory Test centre in Ednburgh is over the road from the Omni cinema. Easy to find.

Cheers for that, i can easily make my way there via. Bus due to the good positioning of Corstorphine Road on the bus route and then getting to the Omni is a piece of piss. Pretty much made my mind up for me :).

Cheers for that, i can easily make my way there via. Bus due to the good positioning of Corstorphine Road on the bus route and then getting to the Omni is a piece of piss. Pretty much made my mind up for me :).

Theres a red builing opposite the omni, the 'Shezan Tandoori'. Follow the road down past that. Just make sure you have the address as its tucked away a bit.

Why does Channel 4/E4 have so many b*****ding adverts ? :angry: does my tits in.

Well when in your room, if you ever go to the USA, do not put your telly on! You will then think adverts in the UK are not so bad after all.

Edited by DJP