Quick Question Thread

Is the guy in the rbs rugby posters you sometimes see at train stations and the like, ex Ayr and Partick Thistle defender David Craig?

Yes.

edit: he was in an advert for something else on TV, I can't remember what it was but I remember he was wearing a kilt in it, can anyone help me?

Edited by Fuctifano

Yes.

edit: he was in an advert for something else on TV, I can't remember what it was but I remember he was wearing a kilt in it, can anyone help me?

Was it for porridge oats? I don't know any porridge brands, so that's my lot.

Why, on a map of Africa, are some of the borders just a straight line?

Because France, Britain etc carved up the land largely on a straight line basis at international conferences. Most of the African countries were artificially created in the 1960s, so there wasn't any existing borders. They just marked off certain rectangly areas, gave it a name and capital, and left them to do some light ethnic cleansing before lunch. It's one reason why many African countries are unstable, as the different tribal peoples really have no sense of nationhood (generally speaking)

Edit: What Dunc said. :lol:

Edited by vikingTON

Because of the Colonial rulers.

:lol:

Because France, Britain etc carved up the land largely on a straight line basis at international conferences. Most of the African countries were artificially created in the 1960s, so there wasn't any existing borders. They just marked off certain rectangly areas, gave it a name and capital, and left them to do some light ethnic cleansing before lunch. It's one reason why many African countries are unstable, as the different tribal peoples really have no sense of nationhood (generally speaking)

Edit: What Dunc said. :lol:

Ah, right. Cheers. :)

in the lyrics of the song 'the boxer' by simon and gartfunkal does it go

'all lies and jest...'

or

'all i suggest...'

All lies and jests, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

You could have found that out in about three seconds using Google :P

I received an email from USC about an order:

Thank you for your recent order at usc.co.uk.

Unfortunately due to unanticipated high demand we have been unable to fulfill your entire order as the line(s) identified below are now out of stock. We regret not being able to fulfill your order or match the service levels you can normally expect from us.

As a goodwill gesture we would like to give you 10% off your next purchase online.

I assume this means they wont be sending out the rest of the order??

Edit: Just checked and it says that my order has been dispatched. I take it they will just deduct that item they didnt have from the bill.

Edited by Cowden til i die

Edit: Just checked and it says that my order has been dispatched. I take it they will just deduct that item they didnt have from the bill.

should be or give you a refund on the card you used

Still finding my way around using some of the apps on P&B

If I want to reply ,but also add some quotes from the same or other threads ,how do I do that.

I've tried to use the multiquote option,but nothings happening

If you want to reply to more than one quote in the one thread, click the multi-quote button at the bottom of all the posts you wish to quote, and then click 'add reply' at the bottom of the page. All the quotes you wanted should now be there.

I'm not sure if there's a technical way to quote across threads, but personally I would just copy and paste it across.

Still finding my way around using some of the apps on P&B

If I want to reply ,but also add some quotes from the same or other threads ,how do I do that.

I've tried to use the multiquote option,but nothings happening

If you want to reply to more than one quote in the one thread, click the multi-quote button at the bottom of all the posts you wish to quote, and then click 'add reply' at the bottom of the page. All the quotes you wanted should now be there.

I'm not sure if there's a technical way to quote across threads, but personally I would just copy and paste it across.

Done,Cheers help much appreciated

I don't know if it still works since the upgrade, but it used to be that you could click the quote button (or the multiquote as it is now) in the thread it came from and hit add reply in the thread you want to quote it into and it would come up there.

I don't know if it still works since the upgrade, but it used to be that you could click the quote button (or the multiquote as it is now) in the thread it came from and hit add reply in the thread you want to quote it into and it would come up there.

It does still work so long as you hit 'multiquote' and 'add reply'. Dont think it works if you reply to someone elses post in the new thread.

Placement of the sign varies. Partly since there are no official standards on placement, countries have generated varying conventions or sustained those of their former currencies. An amount such as €3.50 is often written as 3,50 € or 3€50 instead, largely in accordance with conventions for previous currencies.

In English-language use the euro sign is generally placed before the figure.

No official recommendation is made with regard to the use of a cent sign.

Due to work related boredom I somehow found my way into the Gaming Forum reading through a few threads and there seems to be a bit of animosity between PS3 owners and X-Box 360 owners, some of the comments are verging on the ridiculous. I thought I had wandered into the Old Firm Forum by mistake. I own neither of the consoles, so basically what I'm wondering is why the hatred?