Quick Question Thread

What other benefits does using the rowing machine have in the gym? It's kinda like jogging on your arse, but if you run regularly you'll likely get more toned and maybe (I'm just guessing now) stronger in the legs, does a rowing machine acheive anything other than calorie burning?

What other benefits does using the rowing machine have in the gym? It's kinda like jogging on your arse, but if you run regularly you'll likely get more toned and maybe (I'm just guessing now) stronger in the legs, does a rowing machine acheive anything other than calorie burning?

Rowing machines are good for general upper-body strength. If you build them up to speed they're a good cardiovascular workout and make a change from running and cycling machines.

Rowing machines are good for general upper-body strength. If you build them up to speed they're a good cardiovascular workout and make a change from running and cycling machines.

If true that's good as it matches my exercise goals. Not sure how fast it has to be, but 2:15 per 500 metres is hopefully good enough.

Edited by vikingTON

If true that's good as it matches my exercise goals. Not sure how fast it has to be, but 2:15 per 500 metres is hopefully good enough.

I used to do rowing for my games choice at school when I wasn't able to do contact sport for 6 months. That sort of time and speed looks about right for what I was doing on the machines before we went out on the water. There was a guy who'd been doing it for years and was in competitions etc, who would do about 2km in his 5 minute warm up, but he was absolutely rapid.

I used to do rowing for my games choice at school when I wasn't able to do contact sport for 6 months. That sort of time and speed looks about right for what I was doing on the machines before we went out on the water. There was a guy who'd been doing it for years and was in competitions etc, who would do about 2km in his 5 minute warm up, but he was absolutely rapid.

Are his initials CC by any chance?

Are his initials CC by any chance?

You know, I honestly can't remember, but I don't think so. I can visualise him, but can't for the life of me remember his name.

This is Aberdeen, remember.

You know, I honestly can't remember, but I don't think so. I can visualise him, but can't for the life of me remember his name.

This is Aberdeen, remember.

Then probably not.

I also posted on the infowire but anyway:

Cany anyone give me any details on 'Little Kerse' playing fields in the Falkirk area. Google maps is less than helpful.

Thanks.

What details do you want to know?

There are about half a dozen playing fields, a car park and a changing pavillion.

If it's directions you're after:

Coming from the East (M9): Come off the M9 at Junction 5, and take the fourth exit onto the A905 going into Grangemouth (roughly to the right as you approach the roundabout). Take this short dual carriageway up to the next roundabout, then take the second exit (right). Go along this road and take your first right, a couple of hundred metres from that roundabout, and Little Kerse is on your left.

Coming from the West (M9): Come off the M9 at Junction 5 and approach the traffic lights at the end of the slip-road. Take a right and go along this road and you'll approach a roundabout. Take the filter lane left and it'll take you to the short dual carriageway mentioned above, from where you take the second exit (right) and then your first right a couple of hundred metres along, and Little Kerse is on your left.

Edited by Gaz

Where is it exactly??

I've amended my post to include directions. It's on a road called Grange Road that goes between Grangemouth and Polmont and is near the Inchyra Grange Hotel, if you know where that is.

When you're changing channels on the telly, do you imagine that you're changing up, down, left or right?

For example, when changing from BBC1 to BBC2, I imagine that it's on the right. But I could understand people thinking it was above, because that's the way the button goes.

Do you understand?

Not in the slightest. :P

When you're changing channels on the telly, do you imagine that you're changing up, down, left or right?

For example, when changing from BBC1 to BBC2, I imagine that it's on the right. But I could understand people thinking it was above, because that's the way the button goes.

Do you understand?

Sorry, Dunc, but no.

Cowden til i die they are pretty good pitches. We've played our Scottish and Regional cup games there this season, and when most other pitches have been unplayable, they've been fine. Upstairs in the pavillion has a wee cafe too.

When do you play there? Pretty sure I'll be playing there this weekend too.

Bloody hell. Should be an adventure.

Sweet. :D

To answer the question they'll be playing this saturday against East Stirling u21s.

Think thats when I'll be playing. Afternoon kick-off?

Pretty sure it was Falkirks old training ground.