Quick Question Thread

i'm knackered, i've been up since 6 and have just got in the house there and i need to get up at 7 tomorrow.

but should i go to the art school tonight?

My other half gets up (i.e. wakes me up) at 6:30am and I get up for work every morning even when I went out for a couple of drinks on Tuesday night which turned into a 2am sesh, got home for 3:30am by the time we found everyone and I'd had a takeway and still did the normal Groundhog routine, going out for the Scotland game last night too. So shut up and go to art school.

My other half gets up (i.e. wakes me up) at 6:30am and I get up for work every morning even when I went out for a couple of drinks on Tuesday night which turned into a 2am sesh, got home for 3:30am by the time we found everyone and I'd had a takeway and still did the normal Groundhog routine, going out for the Scotland game last night too. So shut up and go to art school.

i slightly beat that. in at half 4 up at 6. the original question arose from my hatred of the day i had when i pulled that stunt off. undecided city.

What are you doing it on?

At the end of our last ever Glacial lecture he told us there would be a question in the exam on exactly what we had done that day. I the content of that lecture learned back to front and sure enough the question came up and I got an A1.

Particle analysis of glacial till with a view of modeling the younger dryas.

I have been going to the gym regularly over the past 2 months in an effort to add a bit of size and strength to my coat hanger like physique, and intend to keep at it.

My question is are there any brands of protein supplement or the like that other P&Bers would reccommend, as I can feel a difference in my strength but would like to try and see better results.

Any help appreciated.

I have been going to the gym regularly over the past 2 months in an effort to add a bit of size and strength to my coat hanger like physique, and intend to keep at it.

My question is are there any brands of protein supplement or the like that other P&Bers would reccommend, as I can feel a difference in my strength but would like to try and see better results.

Any help appreciated.

Try maximuscle protein shakes. They're recommended by the gym next door to the lard shop I frequent. :D

As a natural alternative, you could just try eating an extra protein rich meal a day. Say, eggs with your breakfast, tuna with lunch, sunflower seeds as a snack.

Natural, f**k I sound like Kilt now.

Any help appreciated.

What weights are you lifting chief?

To be honest, if you're lower than 1BW for squat and bench and lower than 1.5BW for deadlift then you'll notice just as much difference drinking four pints of full-fat milk every day.

What weights are you lifting chief?

To be honest, if you're lower than 1BW for squat and bench and lower than 1.5BW for deadlift then you'll notice just as much difference drinking four pints of full-fat milk every day.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's BW? I've not moved onto the bench press yet for lack of a spotting partner, but working my way round all of the 'set' machines and lifting 3 sets of 8 reps on my max. weight for each, usually being pretty close to failing on my last couple of reps.

I've noticed a big improvement on most of them already from when I started, I'm lifting around 30% heavier than I was then.

I will try the milk thing though.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's BW? I've not moved onto the bench press yet for lack of a spotting partner, but working my way round all of the 'set' machines and lifting 3 sets of 8 reps on my max. weight for each, usually being pretty close to failing on my last couple of reps.

I've noticed a big improvement on most of them already from when I started, I'm lifting around 30% heavier than I was then.

I will try the milk thing though.

BW = bodyweight.

Have a look into doing the big compound free-weight exercises like squats, deadlifts, bench presses and powercleans with a barbell, they'll hit all your supporting muscle groups (rather than just targeting the one group like machines do) :)

i'm knackered, i've been up since 6 and have just got in the house there and i need to get up at 7 tomorrow.

but should i go to the art school tonight?

I'm going tonight. Not with you though, as far as I'm aware.

Thank you.

It's one of these things where it's so obvious, it seems wrong.

Ehh, aye, obvious :unsure:

Anyway, regarding travel by rail, I want to go to Burntisland, but I also need to stop off in KDY. Can I jump on, get a single to Burntisland, hop off at Kirkcaldy, keep my ticket, then get back on the train and go to Burntisland once i've got what I need?

Ehh, aye, obvious :unsure:

Anyway, regarding travel by rail, I want to go to Burntisland, but I also need to stop off in KDY. Can I jump on, get a single to Burntisland, hop off at Kirkcaldy, keep my ticket, then get back on the train and go to Burntisland once i've got what I need?

Off the Scotrail website terms and conditions:

Anytime Day Single: BREAK OF JOURNEY - You may start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station along the route of travel.

So from that, I'd gather yes, although it used to be the case you could only break a return journey (I think).

Edit to say: It'll need to all be on the same day ;)

Edited by Hedgecutter

Brawwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

I like the fact it has to say you may end your journey at any intermediate station along the route of travel. I can't quite imagine having a ticket from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, wanting to get off at Kirkcaldy but the wifey at the doors saying "this is an Edinburgh ticket, get back on that train to haymarket and buy another ticket to come back here again".

I like the fact it has to say you may end your journey at any intermediate station along the route of travel. I can't quite imagine having a ticket from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, wanting to get off at Kirkcaldy but the wifey at the doors saying "this is an Edinburgh ticket, get back on that train to haymarket and buy another ticket to come back here again".

I wonder what would happen if you were dressed as a sheep and someone set you on fire?