Quick Question Thread

I've just polised off a packet of Foxes Classics and two questions came to mind.

1. Is it presumptious to call something a classic whilst it is still current/

2. How many biscuits is it acceptable to eat just to "finish the packet"? I ate 4 that I didn't really want cause there didn't seem any point in saving so few.

A mate from Sydney wants me to get him a Rangers shirt whilst I'm here. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a Rangers home top (current season)? I'd prefer an online shop as I'd feel dirty walking into a sports shop to buy it.

Buy him a Queens one and pretend you gave the Rangers one to your nephew for his birthday or something. When he says "Haha very funny" you go, "Shit, that must mean I gave it to *insert* for his birthday". Go, do it.

Buy him a Queens one and pretend you gave the Rangers one to your nephew for his birthday or something. When he says "Haha very funny" you go, "Shit, that must mean I gave it to *insert* for his birthday". Go, do it.

laugh.gif It would be worth the 40 quid just to see the look on his face.

I realise it's a little late, but Digital Fortress is shit.

I'm a special and don't like reading grown up books but I've read his other 4 and was engrossed, so even if it's 1/3 as good as them I'll probably enjoy it. I thought Deception Point was better than any of the 'Big 3'. I spent last night watching some of the football/Soccer Special so I'm yet to start.

I'm a special and don't like reading grown up books but I've read his other 4 and was engrossed, so even if it's 1/3 as good as them I'll probably enjoy it. I thought Deception Point was better than any of the 'Big 3'. I spent last night watching some of the football/Soccer Special so I'm yet to start.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Da Vinci Snob. I read the Da Vinci Code and enjoyed it, and I was really impressed with the latest one, The Lost Symbol or whatever it's called. I just couldn't get into the Digital Fortress at all.

Swapping all the religious/masonic stuff for algorithms and encoding just didn't do it for me at all.

I have two little questions. Hopefully we can get these sorted here since i dont think they warrant countless giant threads and ive not seen them dicussed on here anywhere at any time ever.

First off, is there a god? Second off, should drugs be legalised? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of these within a few posts and everyone will then presumably be happy. Hopefuly we can shed a little light on a couple of under-discussed subjects.

1. Probably not.

2. Not fully, but radical reform needed.

There you go ;)

Do you get English - Catalan phrasebooks?

Going to Barca in October and whilst I speak a bit of Castilian Spanish I'm lead to believe that's not a good idea in Catalonia. Amazon has dictionaries and 'teach youself' courses, but I only really want to be able to order a couple of pints and say ta.

Edited by McB

You surely must get them somewhere, but im pretty sure if youre a tourist in Barcelona they won't be too bothered. Theyre not that mental, are they?

Hmm. I have been lead to believe that you're probably better off speaking English than Castilian Spanish.

And yes, I would have thought you would get them somewhere, but I can't find any. Hence the question.

Hmm. I have been lead to believe that you're probably better off speaking English than Castilian Spanish.

And yes, I would have thought you would get them somewhere, but I can't find any. Hence the question.

To be honest I don't think they are that bothered. If you were going to the Basque country that would probably be different. I tried a few phrases in Spanish when I was there a few years ago and nobody seemed to be that upset. They will probably realise that you are a tourist and take that into consideration as well.