Quick Question Thread

One of my mates is off to Dundee Uni and another to Edinburgh Uni come September.

I'm going to head up and visit both on my week off to take part in some serious drinking and hopefully Freshers Week action.

Anyone recommend the best student pubs for freshers week in Dundee and Edinburgh for a night out? Probably need a good nightclub shout aswell

Thanks

In Dundee, the students union, obviously. Probably best just staying there all week.

Liquid is an OK club, a few minutes stagger from the campus if you don't want to sample the delights of Mono.

Edited by The Master

On Saturday me and are looking at getting the train to the Alloa game in Peterhead. I understand you get the train into Aberdeen and theres a fairly regular bus into Peterhead from Aberdeen. Anyway, the best price I can seem to find for a return from Stirling - Aberdeen is £52. That seems a wee bit high to me, or is that just the going rate? Anyone got any tips on how to get it down a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You wont get a 'cheap day return' Stirling - Aberdeen as it is too far, try splitting tickets. I can't be arsed doing it for you but try Stirling - Dundee cheap day return and Dundee-Aberdeen cheap day return, it's the same train, you don't need to get off or anything, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing and it might save you some dosh. You just wind up with 4 tickets instead of 2, show both to the clicky, no hassles.

When going to Dundee away I always Glasgow-Perth CTD and Perth-Dundee-CTD and it brings it down from about £30 to £20.

EDIT - check it online but you dont have to buy them online, you can buy at Stirling ticket office, just ask him for 2 seperate CHEAP DAY returns, he'll know what you're up to and give you a knowing smile.

Edited by Lambie's Pigeon Feed

You wont get a 'cheap day return' Stirling - Aberdeen as it is too far, try splitting tickets. I can't be arsed doing it for you but try Stirling - Dundee cheap day return and Dundee-Aberdeen cheap day return, it's the same train, you don't need to get off or anything, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing and it might save you some dosh. You just wind up with 4 tickets instead of 2, show both to the clicky, no hassles.

When going to Dundee away I always Glasgow-Perth CTD and Perth-Dundee-CTD and it brings it down from about £30 to £20.

EDIT - check it online but you dont have to buy them online, you can buy at Stirling ticket office, just ask him for 2 seperate CHEAP DAY returns, he'll know what you're up to and give you a knowing smile.

Definitely worth a go this.../\

You can't get Dundee-Aberdeen CDR. Try Stirling-Dundee-Stonehaven-Aberdeen.

If u split your train into sections the train u get must stop at the stations u split it at. So go go for the Master's option the train must stop in Dundee and Stonehaven I think most trains stop in Stonehaven anyway.

I asked this on our match thread but didn't receive a definitive answer. Are you still able to come off the motorway at the Ibrox junction heading westbound? I was told you weren't able to any more but was hoping that was a load of crap.

Try the transport Scotland website.

M74 has 2 lanes and M8 has two lanes that have barriers around the ibrox area, at least one junction you won't be able to exit if you've came the old M8.

It'll be chaos for the creamies coming from shiteholes in the east. :)

Can anyone recommend the best place in Glasgow to get printing done on a football top? I phoned JJB but they don't have the red SPL letters or numbers which is what I'm looking for!

Cheers in advance!

Greaves.

Cheers Gaz,

I phoned them but they don't fo the red letters & numbers. Phoned a few places and no joy so think I'll need to wait until the next time I'm at EEP.

That's weird, Greaves are usually on the ball when it comes to that sort of thing.

I'm looking to get a pandorra charm for my mums birthday. If she is born on the 27 July what her birthstone , According to Wiki its onyx but not 100 % sure.

Pandora website not your best bet?

Can anyone recommend the best place in Glasgow to get printing done on a football top? I phoned JJB but they don't have the red SPL letters or numbers which is what I'm looking for!

Cheers in advance!

Phone St Mirren. They have red numbers/letters. Whether they'd do other kits I dunno.

Why do ad men think that annoyingly nasal Glasweigans will make me want to buy cheese?

It's subliminal. At the back of your mind you're supposed to have the image that they have a "chib", and they're not asking to you to buy cheese, they're telling you.