Quick Question Thread

I'll be fucked if I'm ordering one online, I don't know anything about them. How much in a shop?

I think you should just rsvp that you ain't going. If you are boaking at hiring a kilt I hate to think what mood you'll be in when someone mentions wedding lists.... :ph34r:

It's a good mate, no bother investing in gifts and shit, perplexed by a blanket imposition of kilts though.

I've been to a few weddings and I've never heard of this before.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I'll be fucked if I'm ordering one online, I don't know anything about them. How much in a shop?

I take it you'll need to get the full Highland dress rather than just a kilt. If so, you're looking at between £60-£80. If not, what the f**k else are you expected to wear along with the kilt?

I take it you'll need to get the full Highland dress rather than just a kilt. If so, you're looking at between £60-£80. If not, what the f**k else are you expected to wear along with the kilt?

I know nothing about kilts and own nothing to do with kilts, I'll need the works.

Has anyone ever been to or even heard of a wedding with this rule? I can't believe this has been sprung last minute.

Someone has already said we'll need to book them soon as some places are already unavailable. Now can any kilt be made to fit any man or do they get rented out in different individual sizes? I'm tall and rotund, is it wishful thinking that at short notice nowhere in Glasgow can rent me one?

I know nothing about kilts and own nothing to do with kilts, I'll need the works.

Has anyone ever been to or even heard of a wedding with this rule? I can't believe this has been sprung last minute.

Someone has already said we'll need to book them soon as some places are already unavailable. Now can any kilt be made to fit any man or do they get rented out in different individual sizes? I'm tall and rotund, is it wishful thinking that at short notice nowhere in Glasgow can rent me one?

They're like belts in a way, they can be adjusted depending on your weight.

I've never heard of anything like thus before. I'd probably tell them to get fucked.

Never heard of it unless you are in the official wedding party. Tell them you couldn't get one at such short notice - what are they going to do? Tell you not to bother going?

If you do need to get one, kilts don't come in one set waist size, each one can be adjusted quite a bit. It's the length that's the important size as it should just touch the floor if you were to kneel down. Going by your post history I imagine you'll be on your knees a lot.

It's a good mate, no bother investing in gifts and shit, perplexed by a blanket imposition of kilts though.

If its a good mate, then just phone him and explain the situation. You're more than grateful for the invitation, but were unaware it was dependant on wearing a kilt. Like I said earlier, you're not in the wedding party and won't be in any official photos, therefore shouldn't be a problem.

If he still insists, tell him to go and f**k himself. He should want you there for being you, regardless of what you're wearing

Would phoning 999 for a high body temperature be wasting the emergency services time. I.e heat exhaustion. Is it a simple case of rest and a couple of aspirin. Day 2 of high body temp 38. Aches and pains and migraine. NHS 24 reckons I should dial 999.

Would phoning 999 for a high body temperature be wasting the emergency services time. I.e heat exhaustion. Is it a simple case of rest and a couple of aspirin. Day 2 of high body temp 38. Aches and pains and migraine. NHS 24 reckons I should dial 999.

If NHS 24 reckons you should dial 999, that would be the thing to do.

Phone 999

If you get together with some others going to the wedding, most kilt hire shops will do some form of discount. When my niece got married we negotiated a 10 for the hire of 8 deal. As for the morals of your mate's "rule" I can hardly see him turning you away if you turn up in a suit. However when my niece got wed she requested that the men wear kilts. I have to admit, it had the desired effect in photos, very impressive. She has one photo of herself with over 50 of us in kilts. At the end of the day though, what you wear is up to you. Unless you have a wife. Then it's not ;)