Quick Question Thread

Can you swap a train ticket to an earlier time at a cheaper cost than just buying a new ticket?

Probably not, if you bought it online. Although they are pretty good for exchanging tickets if you bought them in error at the station.

I've been in your situation before though, and you can often the sweet-talk whoever's in charge into letting you on the earlier one gratis - especially if the earlier train isn't mobbed.

Probably not, if you bought it online. Although they are pretty good for exchanging tickets if you bought them in error at the station.

I've been in your situation before though, and you can often the sweet-talk whoever's in charge into letting you on the earlier one gratis - especially if the earlier train isn't mobbed.

Right, cheers. I might give it a go.

I need to get a cake for tomorrow. Nothing fancy, but I need a name iced onto it. Where can I have this done in the Stirling/Dunfermline areas (or indeed, anywhere inbetween - will the Asda in Alloa do it?).

Preferably somewhere that'll do it "while I wait" but if I need to phone ahead in the morning that's fine. Any idea if Bayne's the bakers will do it?

More hassle than it's worth, I tell thee.

I need to get a cake for tomorrow. Nothing fancy, but I need a name iced onto it. Where can I have this done in the Stirling/Dunfermline areas (or indeed, anywhere inbetween - will the Asda in Alloa do it?).

Preferably somewhere that'll do it "while I wait" but if I need to phone ahead in the morning that's fine. Any idea if Bayne's the bakers will do it?

I know that Asda stores will put a photo on a plain white iced cake but anything more advanced than that, I've no idea. I'd maybe try phoning a couple of cake shops in the morning and asking and then try Asda if that came to nothing.

Nip down to your nearest supermarket, buy a packet of cake mix, jar of jam, icing sugar, couple of cake tins and a pint of milk, and make a hole in the bottom of your shopping bag. Then kidnap a child to make it.

Edited by welshbairn

I know that Asda stores will put a photo on a plain white iced cake but anything more advanced than that, I've no idea. I'd maybe try phoning a couple of cake shops in the morning and asking and then try Asda if that came to nothing.

He could just tack a photos on to a cake, or cut letters out the paper and stick them to the cake with spit.

Guest The Phoenix

Anyone recommend (or otherwise) Lido de Jesolo for a holiday?

1000% better than Rimini but that's not meant to be a compliment.

Rimini is like Blackpool but with Pizza instead of Fish and Chips.

Anyone know the best treatment for a cut inside your mouth? It's sore as f**k.

Semen.

Well, probably, it's good for lots of things: http://www.yourtango.com/experts/professor-kimberly-resnick-anderson/10-health-benefits-semen

Edited by welshbairn

Anyone recommend (or otherwise) Lido de Jesolo for a holiday?

Yes.

We usually stay in an apartment in the area between Piazza Milano and Piazza Torino.

Long, spotless beach.

Plenty of bars, restaurants and shops.

Access to Venice, Verona, Lake Garda and the Dolomites within a couple of hours.

Excellent public transport.

Aqualandia (Jesolo) and Gardalandia (Lake Garda) if you have youngsters.