Quick Question Thread

I got a steroid injection into my elbow yesterday. Before I got the jag the nurse warned me that it was going to be painful. She also said it was going to hurt for a couple of days after it. The jag wasn't sore at all and I can't feel any pain in my elbow. Does this mean I'm a tough guy?

I got a steroid injection into my elbow yesterday. Before I got the jag the nurse warned me that it was going to be painful. She also said it was going to hurt for a couple of days after it. The jag wasn't sore at all and I can't feel any pain in my elbow. Does this mean I'm a tough guy?

It means she thinks you look soft.

I'm no doctor, but I think that means it's going to turn black and fall off. Commiserations.

You can't see the NSFW forum on the P&B app as I'm sure Div said that it would mean that the app would have to be rated as an 18+ app on the App Store.

She must have thought you looked like an utter pansy.

It means you have no feelings.

I knew it!

I've been overpaid by work, I take it the best plan is just to keep my mouth shut and see if they notice?

If they find out, you WILL have to pay it back. If it's a decent amount, put it in your savings account and earn some interest on it before you have to give it back. Don't spend it if it's the kind of amount you can't re-pay quickly. You should be able to set up a repayment plan if you can't hand it back immediately but who really wants to be losing some of their wage every month if they don't have to?

If they find out, you WILL have to pay it back. If it's a decent amount, put it in your savings account and earn some interest on it before you have to give it back. Don't spend it if it's the kind of amount you can't re-pay quickly. You should be able to set up a repayment plan if you can't hand it back immediately but who really wants to be losing some of their wage every month if they don't have to?

Yea not planning on blowing it quite yet, how long do you reckon I would need to keep hold of it for? Not really going to earn much interest on it but suppose somethings better than nothing.

Yea not planning on blowing it quite yet, how long do you reckon I would need to keep hold of it for? Not really going to earn much interest on it but suppose somethings better than nothing.

If your work is someone you can see yourself working for for a while I would be honest and pay the money back.

If it is a stop gap job or something like that I would just keep it and tell then to f**k off when they find out.

If your work is someone you can see yourself working for for a while I would be honest and pay the money back.

If it is a stop gap job or something like that I would just keep it and tell then to f**k off when they find out.

Im not going to kick up a fuss if they ask for it back but I don't think I will be running to give it back without them asking.

Guest The Phoenix

I assume it was a cortisone injection?

If so, in my experience if the injection doesn't hurt like hell then the chances are that it hasn't quite hit the "right spot" and the problem isn't sorted.

e.g. I once had three injections in the same shoulder within the space of a few months. The first two didn't hurt at all but my shoulder problem remained. The third had me in tears but within days the problem had gone.

I'm sorry to report, young man, that the news is not good!

I'm sorry to report, young man, that the news is not good!

post-4731-0-13444000-1389374994_thumb.jp

I assume it was a cortisone injection?

If so, in my experience if the injection doesn't hurt like hell then the chances are that it hasn't quite hit the "right spot" and the problem isn't sorted.

e.g. I once had three injections in the same shoulder within the space of a few months. The first two didn't hurt at all but my shoulder problem remained. The third had me in tears but within days the problem had gone.

In hindsight I probably should have asked what substance she was injecting into my body, but I didn't. I assume it was cortisone. I don't know yet if it's done the trick because she reckons it takes a couple of days to take effect but I hope it has cos you don't want to be getting that injection to often in the same area as it thins down the bone apparently.

Has your shoulder problem disappeared completely since your injection?

Guest The Phoenix

In hindsight I probably should have asked what substance she was injecting into my body, but I didn't. I assume it was cortisone. I don't know yet if it's done the trick because she reckons it takes a couple of days to take effect but I hope it has cos you don't want to be getting that injection to often in the same area as it thins down the bone apparently.

Has your shoulder problem disappeared completely since your injection?

I believe the risk is weakening ligament or tendons rather than bone and I was warned the third would be the last to try and sort the problem,

The third one worked wonders for many years and only recently has old age begun to take its toll.