Quick Question Thread

I've just noticed I may have a problem.

On Friday I'm flying Edinburgh > Gatwick > Venice, and I've just realised I have 50 minutes between arriving in London and the flight to Venice leaving, and I need to get from the north terminal to the south terminal (or maybe vice versa can't remember), and I fear I may be fucked.

Does anyone know if this is viable? I don't have any cases and I'm willing to run.

Going from one terminal to the other isn't the problem and not having baggage may not help you here. The main problem is that you're going from Domestic to International and you may have to go through security when you get to LGW.

If you have a codeshare then it's the airline's problem. If it's two entirely independent flights then I'd worry.

Be sure to check in and print off your boarding card for both flights before you leave. Also, make sure the cabin crew on the Edinburgh leg know you have a tight connection and let you off the plane first.

Going to a football tournament with the boys club I coach in Blackpool. Lookin to go see Everton man United at goodison. Anyone know how long in advance sky have to announce their schedule? Need to know if we'd be able to go

Not got a clue mate, you might be best trying to contact Everton direct.

Going from one terminal to the other isn't the problem and not having baggage may not help you here. The main problem is that you're going from Domestic to International and you may have to go through security when you get to LGW.

If you have a codeshare then it's the airline's problem. If it's two entirely independent flights then I'd worry.

Be sure to check in and print off your boarding card for both flights before you leave. Also, make sure the cabin crew on the Edinburgh leg know you have a tight connection and let you off the plane first.

If a codeshare means that it's the one booking number for both flights then yeah, it's a codeshare.

I've actually just noticed that my flight leaves at 6:20 and arrives at 7:50, but I've never had any flight from Glasgow or Edinburgh to London take more than an hour, never mind an hour and a half, so hopefully I'll have more time than I had expected.

Edited by Zanetti

Not got a clue mate, you might be best trying to contact Everton direct. 

Yeah phoned them and they just told me when they go on sale. Says it's down to sky to name the schedule. just didn't know if they had to do it a certain amount of time in advance or not

Yeah phoned them and they just told me when they go on sale. Says it's down to sky to name the schedule. just didn't know if they had to do it a certain amount of time in advance or not

Sky announced their February matches on December 10th so it'll be early/mid February before you find out about Everton v Man Utd. It'll almost certainly get moved.

If a codeshare means that it's the one booking number for both flights then yeah, it's a codeshare.

I've actually just noticed that my flight leaves at 6:20 and arrives at 7:50, but I've never had any flight from Glasgow or Edinburgh to London take more than an hour, never mind an hour and a half, so hopefully I'll have more time than I had expected.

The flight itself won't, but often you won't be away bang on time and landing into the London Airports can take a while turning a 60 minute flight into an 80 minute one.

I had a quick turnaround between terminals at Gatwick earlier this year and was perfectly fine. Sure you will be too.

Good luck.

OK that helps you as the airline has a responsibility. Do make sure re. boarding cards and do tell the cabin staff so you get off the plane quickly.

I think you'll be fine so have a great trip.

Sky announced their February matches on December 10th so it'll be early/mid February before you find out about Everton v Man Utd.  It'll almost certainly get moved.

Yeah it's still down as 3pm Saturday so will definitely change

Cheers. That will give us plenty of time to get tickets if it's a goer

Is there a certain cut off amount that you can go into a bank and deposit without being asked how you got the money?

Ie if walked in with 20k in cash to go into your account would they have to get you prove where it came from?