Quick Question Thread

If its the one with the beds my nephew swears by it.He uses it quite regular for trips to london from aberdeen and this is his preferred method of travel even though he could quite easily afford a flight

My sister gets the sleeper train although it's more expensive than flying, and she flies all the time with no probs. She gets it a bit cheaper by booking as early as possible, and buys a normal ticket from Inverness to Edinburgh a bit before, and joins the train in Edinburgh for London.

Anybody ever used the Megabus sleeper? Is it actually possible to sleep on it?

The bottom bunks are really small (or at least they were 2 years ago).

They split it up; alone females at the front, couples in the middle and single guys at the back. As I say the space is very small for the bottom back bunks, fine to sleep in but a little tight as I say.

I sorted out the world cup sweeper at work. I'm doing £100 the winner, £50 runner up and £10 to the team that knocks out England. My question is, who knocked out England? I'm thinking Uruguay, but can see a case for Costa Rica also.

Edited by Blootoon87

I sorted out the world cup sweeper at work. I'm doing £100 the winner, £50 runner up and £10 to the team that knocks out England. My question is, who knocked out England? I'm thinking Uruguay, but can see a case for Costa Rica also.

A fiver each to the two teams who go through?

Our sweep has a fiver to the team with the worst goal difference at the end of the group stages. The current leaders were formerly contenders for the top prize!

FFS!

Well thought out that was.

Drink one, if it tastes good you're fine,

beer best befores are down to when it may turn if not kept in right conditions. If its kept in a cool place you shouldn't have an issue

When did then pence pieces change from the larger size to the smaller svelte model we now use?

It was fucking ages ago, wasn't it?

Received an old ten pence piece in my change today - it seems massive and heavy in comparison.

Early nineties, I think. Maybe 1992.

I've come to possess two 24 crates of Stewart's Beer with a best before of Aug 2013. Common sense says of course they will be ok but thought I'd ask the P&B massive first.

Ye gods, man, it's not fucking yoghurt! get it necked.

Once had to forcefully repossess a case of lager from Mrs WRK as she was on the way to the bin. It had been forgotten after a booze cruise, and was over a year gone. Absolutely no ill effects, tasted fine. Bottles as well.

What was the reasoning behind making 5p pieces so annoyingly small?

Get everyone to hate them so there won't be any fuss when they get rid of small change. £10 will become £1, 50p will be the new 5p.