Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix
A group of us (8-10) are planning on going for a meal together on Saturday afternoon in Edinburgh. Any recommendations out with the usual places (Nando's etc)? Already suggested KFC but was told to f**k off.

McDonald's do Birthday Parties with a free toy that would be perfect for 8 - 10 year olds.

When is the best time to sleep after a nightshift? Just finished at 7 there and unsure whether to sleep now or later. I'm tired enough to sleep but I wouldn't normally come home from work then sleep straight away if I was working during the day.

Guest The Phoenix

When is the best time to sleep after a nightshift? Just finished at 7 there and unsure whether to sleep now or later. I'm tired enough to sleep but I wouldn't normally come home from work then sleep straight away if I was working during the day.

In my (limited) experience, the best time to sleep is not after but during.

A group of us (8-10) are planning on going for a meal together on Saturday afternoon in Edinburgh. Any recommendations out with the usual places (Nando's etc)? Already suggested KFC but was told to f**k off.

Quattro Zero on Queensferry Street. A fairly cheap and cheerful Italian that does pretty good food.

Cafe Rouge 43 Frederick Street. Excellent French nosherama.

Wherever you decide to go, you'd better book today - the Feshtival is on !

I used go to bed at 9am an hour after finishing & wake up about 4pm, to start at midnight. day just felt like dayshift but switched working/sleeping.

I used go to bed at 9am an hour after finishing & wake up about 4pm, to start at midnight. day just felt like dayshift but switched working/sleeping.

Yeah I work nights 1900-0730 and best trying to sleep as you would a day shift although depends how many you are doing.

I normally stay up to around 0300 the night before to start to turn around my clock, then sleep from around after my nightshift till tea time. Coming off night shift is worse in my opinion.

Yeah I work nights 1900-0730 and best trying to sleep as you would a day shift although depends how many you are doing.

I normally stay up to around 0300 the night before to start to turn around my clock, then sleep from around after my nightshift till tea time. Coming off night shift is worse in my opinion.

Post-nights insomnia is brutal. You can finish your nightshift, have a sleep and not sleep all that night. OR, you could finish your nightshift, keep yourself awake all day and go to bed at your normal time and still not sleep all that night. b*****d.

When I'm on nights I work 21:30-07:00. I'm normally home for around 8 and either go to bed straight away or just faff about for half an hour before sleeping. I don't know how people can stay up to around 10/11 before going to sleep. I'm lucky I don't fall asleep on the bus most of the time. I usually wake up at around 3/4, so like SlipperyP said, just substituting normal working hours for sleeping hours.

Is it your last night or are you on a run? I do a 1930 - 0800 nightshift, usually in the house for half 8, a bit of brekkie (supper?) then in bed at 9 till about 4 in the afternoon.

If it's my last night, I'll kip on the couch with Sky Sports News on in the background until around noon, then get up and get shifted. Problem with this is I'm usually burst come 8 at night but if I fall asleep at this time, I'll be up at midnight bright as a button.

My works a b*****d and you often get nightshift > sleep day > dayshift where you finish at 8 in the morning and start at 0730 the next day.

Is it your last night or are you on a run? I do a 1930 - 0800 nightshift, usually in the house for half 8, a bit of brekkie (supper?) then in bed at 9 till about 4 in the afternoon.

It was my first night last night and I'll finish up Sunday morning. 5 shifts of 9-7. Ended up falling asleep at 8 and waking up at 3. I'm not to bad just now but know I'll be shattered come 2. Never been on nightshift before so it's a totally new experience. Trying to decide what meal to eat when I got up was a struggle. Settled for breakfast.

My works a b*****d and you often get nightshift > sleep day > dayshift where you finish at 8 in the morning and start at 0730 the next day.

Snap. This is something that fucks me off at times. I'm lucky with my (never changes) rota in that I'm NS Sat n Sun then not back until Wednesday at 2pm. But I still see it as only 1 day off. See trying to convince folk that the day you come off a NS isn't a day off, it's nigh on impossible at my work. Coming off NS you have two options; go to bed straight away and try and get up late morning/early afternoon or try and stay up all day. Either way you feel like shit or can't be arsed doing anything - therefore NOT a day off!