Quick Question Thread

The filling is excellent tbf, just the base is like eating a cardboard box.

I find this generally to be the issue with Asda pizzas, now if you took the toppings from an Asda pizza and put them onto a Sainsburys pizza Base you'd be onto a winner.

The problem with most takeaways nowadays is the pizza bases they use are the awful pre packed by the tens in a packet shite. Long gone are the days of the dough being tossed in front of you before they dress it's then bake it. Happier days.

Edited by Deeboy

The problem with most takeaways nowadays is the pizza bases they use are the awful pre packed by the tens in a packet shite. Long gone are the days of the dough being tossed in front of you before they dress it's then bake it. Happier days.

Very true. I avoid the ones in Hamilton who use them, it's like eating plasterboard.

These are decent but totally ruined by the rank sauce filled crust.

WTF? :huh:

What kind of nasty, cheapskate kind of takeaways do you go to?

Isn't that like getting a large cheesy biscuit?

If you normally have your cheesy biscuits lathered in tomato sauce and covered in assorted meats & vegetables then cooked, I'd imagine so.
If you don't, then probably not.

What kind of nasty, cheapskate kind of takeaways do you go to?

Isn't that like getting a large cheesy biscuit?

There's only really one 'pizza' place in Dundee I'd use (aside from Domino's) and it's the opposite end of Dundee from me. Every Indian/Kebab place make their pizzas with the horrible bases I talk of. There is one place 'Bosphorus' in Stobswell that the boy cooks from scratch. There's two problems though, he's an absolute lunatic from Turkey who is tin foil hat material and thinks everyone is sending missiles to each other and the other problem is he only has a delivery driver at stupid hours. However I must admit, one night I was caned and he got me to buy a banana and tuna pizza. What a night that was :wub: I recommend everyone to try it.

Does anyone have a drunken takeaway they always go to after a night out?

The ones you wouldn't go near when you were sober, but as soon as you're pished its like moths to a flame.

Maria's in Fountainbridge regularly claim my hard earned shrapnel at the end of a Friday night.

The ones you wouldn't go near when you were sober, but as soon as you're pished its like moths to a flame.

Maria's in Fountainbridge regularly claim my hard earned shrapnel at the end of a Friday night.

The Nasty Spot in Clydebank was like that. An awful shitehole that stayed open til 4am and was boggin.

Bifteki just off Argyle street for me

Is there a DIY advice thread? I got shower screen and subsequent mold problems. Best way to get that off the walls? Will then repaint with anti mould paint. Got super no nails stuff to try and get the shower screen re-attached at the top. Bathroom has nae window and an extractor fan that is making a noise and doesn't appear to be blocked. Problem started when shower screen came away at the top and some water got through.

post-14684-14369061789435_thumb.jpg

post-14684-1436906192497_thumb.jpg

Is there a DIY advice thread? I got shower screen and subsequent mold problems. Best way to get that off the walls? Will then repaint with anti mould paint. Got super no nails stuff to try and get the shower screen re-attached at the top. Bathroom has nae window and an extractor fan that is making a noise and doesn't appear to be blocked. Problem started when shower screen came away at the top and some water got through.

This is almost certainly your problem.

You will need an extractor that will shift about 4-6 air changes per hour, preferably with a humidistat that will activate to lower the relative humidity automatically, this and a run on timer should sort you out.

Even better would be a heat recovery unit, a lot dearer but will do a brilliant job.