Quick Question Thread

Just had a parcel delivered to the house and asked them to leave it in a specific safe place.

Just received an email to say the parcel has been delivered, and they've sent me a photo (taken by the driver) of the card before he shoved it through the letter box, and the parcel in the safe place.

Is this standard practice? Im quite impressed.

I think UPS do it. They certainly sent they intended recipient of the weightbench a picture of my front door when they left it there last Christmas.

Luckily the recipents number was on it and he came and picked it up after I phoned him.

Aye the delivery systems are shite hot these days. I ordered something yesterday at 3ish, was here for 1, I got many texts informing me of where it was at. A time it would be delivered at 9am, 13.11, with the option of texting them telling them to leave it somewhere. I text them saying where and at 13.12 I got a text from the driver saying where it was. Got home and the thing was to b*****ding big. Slim fit shirts in most brands I'm large but looks like I'll have to go medium slim fit with Ralph Lauren. b*****d trying to buy things when all the brand sizes make them different sizes.

Anyone got a good iPhone app that you can download music on to and listen without wifi. I have 'Tube Plus' at the moment but it seems to have stopped working now. As they usually do when youtube get hold of them. Usually able to find another app but I can't find anything as yet. Any recommendations?

I must be unusually thick even for me today, but can anyone explain what the joke is in the Tesco tweet in this bit of hard bitten investigative journalism?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11743150/Tesco-mercilessly-troll-Liverpool-fan-on-Twitter.html

I must be unusually thick even for me today, but can anyone explain what the joke is in the Tesco tweet in this bit of hard bitten investigative journalism?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11743150/Tesco-mercilessly-troll-Liverpool-fan-on-Twitter.html

That Liverpool don't have a Premier League title?

I think Doyle messaged him on Twitter a wee while back to ask where he'd disappeared to.

IIRC, the reply was something along the lines of that he was taking a break from P&B as he was sick of a couple of posters.

Bit pish, seemed like a gid c*nt and a decent poster.

Why don't you stop posting and we'll see if he comes back?

Golf balls :).

Growing up in the late 70's, I remember having the choice of smaller 'British' balls or , shock, large American ones.

Kenneth-Williams_zpsa7389184.jpg

The smaller ones were much better in the howling West Coast gales that Summer seemed to consist of, yet if flat calm we'd start of with the Yankee ones.

What I cannot remember is,

A/ what the 2 sizes were, and

B/ when did it unify to the larger size?

Answers gratefully ignored.

Why don't you stop posting and we'll see if he comes back?

That would be a start, but I think it was Sweet Pete getting weirdly annoyed about him supposedly making up anecdotes about his past life that got his goat. Not sure why, I quite enjoyed them, not too bothered whether they were true or not.

Golf balls :).

Growing up in the late 70's, I remember having the choice of smaller 'British' balls or , shock, large American ones.

Kenneth-Williams_zpsa7389184.jpg

The smaller ones were much better in the howling West Coast gales that Summer seemed to consist of, yet if flat calm we'd start of with the Yankee ones.

What I cannot remember is,

A/ what the 2 sizes were, and

B/ when did it unify to the larger size?

Answers gratefully ignored.

Do you live in a bunker now?