Quick Question Thread

Doing anything/anyone exciting this weekend?

Grimbo

Work, followed by the weekly shop, then a crushing, lengthy round of housework, as I've done hee-haw in that department all week. I may have a pint at lunchtime tomorrow. I fancied watching a DVD tonight, but there's no way I'll stay awake through it.

Think my RandomGuy impression's coming along nicely, though. What are you up to, Grimbo? Hooking up with more of P&B's finest?

I am taking an online course, hopefully by Monday I'll be able to fart in the key of C.

Is 'C' the missus?

Anyone on here work on the railways? Father in laws trying to get me a job and just wondering what the general hourly rate is?, can't find much online and he hasn't found that out for me yet

There is a QotS fan that's into self mutilation who is to start work with them soon.

Work, followed by the weekly shop, then a crushing, lengthy round of housework, as I've done hee-haw in that department all week. I may have a pint at lunchtime tomorrow. I fancied watching a DVD tonight, but there's no way I'll stay awake through it.

Think my RandomGuy impression's coming along nicely, though. What are you up to, Grimbo? Hooking up with more of P&B's finest?

Is 'C' the missus?

I'm doing a bit of moonlighting for the Stroller, tonight. Whilst watching Friends (England v Spain).

Tomorrow got the Spartans game then the usual getting arseholed down the Malt.

Sunday is leisure time.

Grimbo

Eta I've enough P&B boys on my to do list for this week ;)

Edited by Grim O'Grady

I'll be working on the tracks etc, probably mostly night shift and working away from home

Is it for Network Rail or a company like SWGR, Covanburn or Morgan Sindall?

If it's Network Rail, you could start off on a basic of around 25k with a roster premium of around a 1/3 of your salary on top of that plus OT.

That's is if you are a basic unskilled Operative. If you're coming in as a technician it'll be higher.

Is it for Network Rail or a company like SWGR, Covanburn or Morgan Sindall?

If it's Network Rail, you could start off on a basic of around 25k with a roster premium of around a 1/3 of your salary on top of that plus OT.

That's is if you are a basic unskilled Operative. If you're coming in as a technician it'll be higher.

Company called amco, unskilled so really just a general labourer

I know AMCO. They have been mainly working in the Haymarket Tunnels recently.

Dunno, wouldn't have thought it was a stones throw off that though. The roster premium wouldn't apply though.

Most things I found online were between £9 and £15 an hour, if it's closer to the £9 then there's not much point in me leaving my current job, he's back home tomorrow so will hit him with plenty of questions to try find out for me

Most things I found online were between £9 and £15 an hour, if it's closer to the £9 then there's not much point in me leaving my current job, he's back home tomorrow so will hit him with plenty of questions to try find out for me

Check the terms of the contract to see you'll be guaranteed a wage rather than working projects. If you're classified as an agency worker then I wouldn't bother.

Did Terrance Wogan not get found out for being paid 800 k for his time working presenting children in need?

No, I'm sure it was 7k a time. How nice of him to give up his time for such a pitiful fee.

Eta: Here it is here. The only celeb to get paid but he's only charging £1300 an hour. What a guy.

Edited by Dee Man

But i think they kept it hush hush. The number 800 000 sticks in my mind, probably the amount he has made personally from it. Poor Terrance

According to this article that I forgot to add in my edited post he earns 800k a year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-439875/Wogan-celeb-paid-Children-In-Need.html

You'll be on a touch over £20k a year. It's on indeed.