Quick Question Thread

Do grams and millilitres weigh the same in terms of volume? For example, would a 500g bag of sugar weigh the same as a 500ml bottle of water? If not, why not? I think we can all agree that this must be addressed.

500g of granulated sugar would weigh about the same as 500ml of water.

500g of water would weigh more than 500ml of granulated sugar.

It's nothing to do with specific gravity. SG is a unitless ratio (of densities) of two substances.

It's all to do with the density of water. By definition, density equals mass divided by volume. At a pressure of 1 atmosphere, water is at its most dense (and therefore heaviest) at 3.98 degrees Celsius.

My previous answer referred to "a reasonable precision" If you measure as accurately as you can, at 3.98 degrees Celsius, a litre of water will weigh 999.972 grammes.

Accordingly, 1 L = 1 kg is a good approximation, but isn't exact.

How boring.

Can anyone recommend a decent foreign festival to go to that is relatively cheap for next year?

I went to Rock Werchter in Belgium in 2006. It was cheaper than going to T in the Park and it had much of the same line up.

The site itself was much cleaner, the food wasn't as shite and it was virtually ned free.

Gay pride

How was it, Mr Bairn?

I ended up at one of these in Brighton with an ex girlfriend who lived in London.She fancied getting out of the city for the weekend so we booked a nice b@b down by the pier,our breakfast chums were dykes on bikes :lol:

I went to Rock Werchter in Belgium in 2006. It was cheaper than going to T in the Park and it had much of the same line up.

The site itself was much cleaner, the food wasn't as shite and it was virtually ned free.

I went to Benicasim one year but thats the only foreign one i have done... Have heard of a couple other good ones in Belgium so that could be a shout.

TITP has clearly no interest in apologising for the farce that was this years event so i won't be going to it again, clearly don't care about the veterans.

Can anyone recommend a decent foreign festival to go to that is relatively cheap for next year?

NOS (used to be Optimus til the sponsor changed) Alive in Lisbon in July was very good 3 years ago. About 110 euro for a 3 day ticket. Obviously getting there is the major expense.

Almost guaranteed weather, trains run through the night to get you back to Lisbon (takes about 10-15 minutes on the train from the festival site to central Lisbon), and less c***s in the crowd. this was this year's line up, suppose it depends what you're into music-wise.

Edited by Fuctifano

Code: Swarley was next up

Not likely, I'm far too beige (or whatever the P&Bism is) for this type of nonsense. If I were to be deemed a boring or crap poster then so be it. I'm not here to entertain, I'm not fracking Ricky Gervais! :P