Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

I've just ordered 'volcano' chicken. Anycunt any idea what the fùck volcano chicken is?

I'll be very Pacific - eat it and you'll have a Ring of Fire.

Is it acceptable for your work to ask for a £5 donation to pay for flowers, gifts etc for people who are off sick/suffered a bereavement?

tell them to f**k off

eta obviously you don't need to be as polite as me.

Edited by SlipperyP

Is it acceptable for your work to ask for a £5 donation to pay for flowers, gifts etc for people who are off sick/suffered a bereavement?

The company can do it themselves and, providing the circumstances are similar to those described & the cost is around the £50 mark, they can claim it as a "trivial benefit" & not pay tax on it.

As to asking for contributions, would it not lie with the individuals as to whether or not they wanted to contribute ??

Just an opinion..

I remember (just) when I joined P&B there was a blog thread. I even wrote a couple. Letter from Edinburgh I think.

Would anybody like to resurrect the idea? There are a lot of decent posters ... instead of a relatively small post ( Ad Lib ) excepted , you could write a more expansive piece on anything you like. Politics, Sport, Cars ,etc , etc Even just once a year. Thoughts?

I remember (just) when I joined P&B there was a blog thread. I even wrote a couple. Letter from Edinburgh I think.

Would anybody like to resurrect the idea? There are a lot of decent posters ... instead of a relatively small post ( Ad Lib ) excepted , you could write a more expansive piece on anything you like. Politics, Sport, Cars ,etc , etc Even just once a year. Thoughts?

I can just about bring myself to read a couple of lines of some of the posters on here. Any more than a few paragraphs would be a no no from me.

On the condition it's admin controlled, loosely peer reviewed for annual hard-copy publication purposes and doesn't use the Harvard referencing format, otherwise the comments : article ratio will be 100:1 and a dire bore of a read.

Any slagging would require a formal 'Comments on: The Death of Rangers (submitted by Stoned Sailor, 25/12/15), by Tedi' type article submission.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Not wishing to quibble but does that not equate to

"To Long/Did Read" which is a contradiction is it not?

Surely it must be TL/DNR.

Grimbo

If only you could make one word by putting did and not together; a contraction if you will.