Quick Question Thread

I should mark this question "SRS" but that would be a waste of time. What is the legal situation with using these electric mobility vehicles being driven on the roads. The past few mornings I have encountered one being driven on a busy country road leading into town, the road has no pavement and quite a few blind corners and is used a lot by lorries, buses, etc. It doesn't seem to bother the old chap driving it as he tootles along at about 4mph but it doesn't look very safe or sensible to me. Well done to the old chap for getting around as well as he does but I fear for his safety. 

Looking to put up an interior wall in my house, the space that's there is roughly speaking (I haven't measured it as of yet) around 6ft by 6ft. It doesn't have to be an amazing/fancy, just look decent enough and have a door put in it. As you can probably tell by my post, I know nothing of these types of thing. How much again, roughly speaking, would I be looking at to get someone in to do it?

Deeboy, on 16 Jun 2016 - 00:29, said:

Wait, is that the space you want 'partitioned off'?

Genuinely confused!

Correct. Sorry for the confusion, no doubt on my part because I say, I know nothing about these things. My roof is quite a bit taller than 6ft, but the part I want 'partitioned off' as you put it has an old fashioned 'lip' if that makes sense which comes down from the roof. Clearly the owners before me knocked the wall down to make the house more 'open plan' but to put it frank, they made an arse of it.

Uploading a picture of said 'lip' or 'archway' would probably be better. Excuse the colour etc as I'm just getting around to renovating this part of the house now.

Depending on type of door, facings (architraves)  you want then about £400 would be a fair estimate, including plasterwork. Finishing the plasterwork off adequately and good decoration is important as the shape of the arch can still be noticeable if this is not done properly.

Looking to put up an interior wall in my house, the space that's there is roughly speaking (I haven't measured it as of yet) around 6ft by 6ft. It doesn't have to be an amazing/fancy, just look decent enough and have a door put in it. As you can probably tell by my post, I know nothing of these types of thing. How much again, roughly speaking, would I be looking at to get someone in to do it?

^^^Building a cell to keep a hostage in type post