Quick Question Thread

Well I got some yellow pills last time I went but they have given me some horrible side affects. Doctors are c***s. :(

As if being from Cupar wasn't a big enough side effect.

Condolences.

I have an interview on Tuesday for a voluntary position - was wondering how lenient they might be considering it's voluntary? It's an hour and a half long so f**k knows what sort of questions they're going to fire at me.

Edited by Floreat Salopia

I have an interview on Tuesday for a voluntary position - was wondering how lenient they might be considering it's voluntary? It's an hour and a half long so f**k knows what sort of questions they're going to fire at me.

I expect it won't last anywhere near that long. They'll just be checking you aren't scum in case there's cash involved (you know, the till that contains about £20 in a charity shop and that).

So if you aren't scum, good luck & well done on giving up your time.

If you are scum - unlucky, they'll find you out in seconds.

I expect it won't last anywhere near that long. They'll just be checking you aren't scum in case there's cash involved (you know, the till that contains about £20 in a charity shop and that).

So if you aren't scum, good luck & well done on giving up your time.

If you are scum - unlucky, they'll find you out in seconds.

Hardly - it's for a Counselling position at ChildLine. Interview conformation latter says 90 minutes, but it's split into 2 halfs. Probably a break inbetween.

Hardly - it's for a Counselling position at ChildLine. Interview conformation latter says 90 minutes, but it's split into 2 halfs. Probably a break inbetween.

Ah I see. Then I expect the first half will be about you and the second half they'll test you with an example phone call you might get to see what you'd say.

It won't matter if it's a voluntary or paid position, you will still be working with vulnerable people and will treat you the same as any paid position in that field of work. Thus, if you have a criminal record that's preventing you from taking up a paid post in that area, it'll stop you getting volunteer work as well. Unfortunately, paedos don't give up just because there's no cash in it.

Edited by Lyn-Marie

It won't matter if it's a voluntary or paid position, you will still be working with vulnerable people and will treat you the same as any paid position in that field of work. Thus, if you have a criminal record that's preventing you from taking up a paid post in that area, it'll stop you getting volunteer work as well. Unfortunately, paedos don't give up just because there's no cash in it.

agreed. i long for the days when paedos upheld strong capitalist values.

I would say its an emergancy tho. I could go to the shops and buy what I need but I can get it for free. Plus I need to make sure I can take it.

You were toying with waiting til Tuesday ergo definitely not an emergency

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel near Prestwick airport? preferably with a bar or near to a decent pub. Ta.

You could try The Parkstone. Near the golf course and esplanade, it's a mere 5 minute stagger to the main street and all the pubs (try Elliots for beautiful people, food and prices to match, or The Golf Inn for great beers and atmosphere), and it's a 2 minute taxi ride to the Airport. Rooms from £59 and it's pretty decent.

You could try The Parkstone. Near the golf course and esplanade, it's a mere 5 minute stagger to the main street and all the pubs (try Elliots for beautiful people, food and prices to match, or The Golf Inn for great beers and atmosphere), and it's a 2 minute taxi ride to the Airport. Rooms from £59 and it's pretty decent.

I will probably go for the Parkstone.

I think I visited the Golf Inn the last time I stayed over at Prestwick. A nice wee bar, good beer and a fantastic steak. It's just a pity I can't remember the name of the hotel I stayed at!

Elliot's will just have to do without my loveliness on this occassion.

Good work gents. :D

It'll be to make sure you're not likely to be pulling the heid aff it, as some child unburdens the detail of the abuse they suffer.

How do blind people know when they're sleeping?

It'll be to make sure you're not likely to be pulling the heid aff it, as some child unburdens the detail of the abuse they suffer.

How do blind people know when they're sleeping?

I already have four disclousures, and will complete another one if I get the job.