Quick Question Thread

Aye, I'd rather get the train which'll cost at least 4 times as much. I'll need to wait about London for a few (well, just the 9 :ph34r: ) hours to do the same on the way back up.

I did Aberdeen to Bristol, meaning I had to change at Victoria and had to wait around several hours between buses. This was before the station actually was a station. Instead, it was like a giant wind tunnel and it was Christmas. The following year, fog meant that my flight got cancelled and I had to fly to London instead of Bristol. I spent another overnight waiting for a bus to Bristol in Victoria, which by this time was a real, proper station with shops and cafes and stuff - which unfortunately shut at night. :lol: If you're hanging about during the day though, I'm sure you can find plenty to do. If nothing else, just walk around until you're knackered enough that you'll sleep all the way home!

I did Aberdeen to Bristol, meaning I had to change at Victoria and had to wait around several hours between buses. This was before the station actually was a station. Instead, it was like a giant wind tunnel and it was Christmas. The following year, fog meant that my flight got cancelled and I had to fly to London instead of Bristol. I spent another overnight waiting for a bus to Bristol in Victoria, which by this time was a real, proper station with shops and cafes and stuff - which unfortunately shut at night. :lol: If you're hanging about during the day though, I'm sure you can find plenty to do. If nothing else, just walk around until you're knackered enough that you'll sleep all the way home!

I'm sure I'll find a pub somewhere.. by that time I wish Adam was there to jump in for a carry-out :P

Longest coach ride I've ever been on was Prague - Bristol to visit my folks. 27 hours inc. the channel tunnel and change in London. By the end I wanted to kill everyone on the bus. Not bad fo €30 though.

Last bus ride for me was Dundee-Glasgow with a screaming death hangover. By the time it stopped at Perth Broxden I wanted to kill everything. Just everything. And it cost £25 return!

Anyone care to recommend a cheap hotel in London, all the ones on lastminute, laterooms, etc are still a bit pricey. I’ve used independent places you don’t find on these websites in north London in the past, but I don’t want to be in that part of the city this time and frankly I don’t want to rush back to any of those hotels. Can anyone recommend anything cheap and cheerful within walking distance of Euston, this would include the Kings Cross area which by all accounts is notorious for cheap hotels. And I do mean hotels, not “hotels” when it comes to Kings Cross thanks.

Ideally don’t want to be paying much more than £50 as I’ll be staying in it myself so won’t be splitting costs. I know that’s not much and London is expensive but I’m sure it can be done. I’m only staying 1 night, a week on Saturday.

Anyone care to recommend a cheap hotel in London, all the ones on lastminute, laterooms, etc are still a bit pricey. I've used independent places you don't find on these websites in north London in the past, but I don't want to be in that part of the city this time and frankly I don't want to rush back to any of those hotels. Can anyone recommend anything cheap and cheerful within walking distance of Euston, this would include the Kings Cross area which by all accounts is notorious for cheap hotels. And I do mean hotels, not "hotels" when it comes to Kings Cross thanks.

Ideally don't want to be paying much more than £50 as I'll be staying in it myself so won't be splitting costs. I know that's not much and London is expensive but I'm sure it can be done. I'm only staying 1 night, a week on Saturday.

I stayed in the Thistle Westminster (500 yards from Victoria Station) it was £60 for a Saturday night & was very good.

Last bus ride for me was Dundee-Glasgow with a screaming death hangover. By the time it stopped at Perth Broxden I wanted to kill everything. Just everything. And it cost £25 return!

There was a wasted guy that got arrested about 2 hours into the journey after abusing everyone on the coach, at one point even getting his cock out. He asked me (and several others before) if I wanted to give him a sly handjob. If I had a hangover and he wasn't arrested I definitely would have killed him.

There was a wasted guy that got arrested about 2 hours into the journey after abusing everyone on the coach, at one point even getting his cock out. He asked me (and several others before) if I wanted to give him a sly handjob. If I had a hangover and he wasn't arrested I definitely would have killed him.

And here was me thinking you were going to give him a handjob if you weren't hungover and he wasn't arrested.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

Anyone care to recommend a cheap hotel in London, all the ones on lastminute, laterooms, etc are still a bit pricey. I’ve used independent places you don’t find on these websites in north London in the past, but I don’t want to be in that part of the city this time and frankly I don’t want to rush back to any of those hotels. Can anyone recommend anything cheap and cheerful within walking distance of Euston, this would include the Kings Cross area which by all accounts is notorious for cheap hotels. And I do mean hotels, not “hotels” when it comes to Kings Cross thanks.

Ideally don’t want to be paying much more than £50 as I’ll be staying in it myself so won’t be splitting costs. I know that’s not much and London is expensive but I’m sure it can be done. I’m only staying 1 night, a week on Saturday.

Get a b&B just outside London and travel in - million times cheaper.

Alpharooms

When is the first game of the season?

Challenge Cup 1st Round: Saturday 24th July

CIS Cup 1st Round: Saturday 31st July

First SFL matches: Saturday 7th August.

Edited by qpsnapper

Challenge Cup 1st Round: Saturday 24th July

CIS Cup 1st Round: Saturday 31st July

First SFL matches: Saturday 7th August.

Cracking, that'll be for me T in the Park on the 10th, Renfrewshire Cup Final against the smackheads on the 17th, then it all begins with a few diddy teams. :)

On my drive home from work tonight a question popped into my head, the answer to which I didn't know. Does anyone know what the gestation period of red deer is?

It's dependent on a few different factors, but around 8 months.