Quick Question Thread

No, I am the main driver and she is an additional one, it is only about a tenner cheaper, not quite sure the reasoning behind it but that seems to be the way of it.

I gotta give it to you man! Sometimes I feel I've lived a bit, seen some things.

But you, man, you've lived

Guest The Phoenix

I gotta give it to you man! Sometimes I feel I've lived a bit, seen some things.

Kudos for saying what us mere mortals are thinking. :D

How long does it normally take for a mobile number to switch over networks? I ordered the phone (and gave the PAC) on Wednesday, but wanted to keep the same number... still waiting on it switching over.

Normally 48 hours, but sometimes 3 or 4 days

Kudos for saying what us mere mortals are thinking. :D

Thanks gentlemen, it's nice to see my rock and roll lifestyle appreciated :D

I seem to remember a TV game show - must have been around 15 years ago - that included women coming up to a random guy and snogging him. An explicit version of Blind Date if you like. I think Dale Winton hosted it? Anyone know the name of it?

I seem to remember a TV game show - must have been around 15 years ago - that included women coming up to a random guy and snogging him. An explicit version of Blind Date if you like. I think Dale Winton hosted it? Anyone know the name of it?

Was it Man o Man (?) hosted by Chris Tarrant?

Sounds like Man O Man.

To answer a previous question, we called it a "broncle" and it was when you jumped off a moving swing but swung your legs so as to wrap the swing around the bar.

Got an insurance quote of 1778, if I added my mum, would it bring the cost down? And if I was an additional driver, would I still be collecting a no claims every year?

Yes, and no unless you get a deal with an insurer.

Guest The Phoenix

Yes, and no unless you get a deal with an insurer.

The "Yes" response pre-supposes his mother hasn't got previous for drink driving and/or a collection of penalty points leading to a ban for speeding offences.

The "Yes" response pre-supposes his mother hasn't got previous for drink driving and/or a collection of penalty points leading to a ban for speeding offences.

Indeed it does. Good point. And that she can drive :ph34r:

Got an insurance quote of 1778, if I added my mum, would it bring the cost down? And if I was an additional driver, would I still be collecting a no claims every year?

I think the correct answer is that no it would make no difference if you added your mum. In fact taking a policy out for your mum and adding you as a driver would also make no difference as it would be rated on the youngest driver which I assume is you!!

You would be building a no claims discount in your own name which is a good thing.

If you have other vehicles in the household try and approach the companies they are insured with as they may offer what they call a multi policy discount.

One way or another insurance for young drivers is shite, I am fortunate to have worked for an insurance company all my days and mostly also had a company car.

p.s. Not using Skag trendy as your name may cheapen your quote!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

I think the correct answer is that no it would make no difference if you added your mum. In fact taking a policy out for your mum and adding you as a driver would also make no difference as it would be rated on the youngest driver which I assume is you!!

You would be building a no claims discount in your own name which is a good thing.

If you have other vehicles in the household try and approach the companies they are insured with as they may offer what they call a multi policy discount.

One way or another insurance for young drivers is shite, I am fortunate to have worked for an insurance company all my days and mostly also had a company car.

p.s. Not using Skag trendy as your name may cheapen your quote!!laugh.giflaugh.gif

It will, provided she meets the criteria in the posts above. I added my dad to my insurance for quotation purposes out of interest - no way he's getting to drive my car :lol: - and it knocked £100 off the premium