Quick Question Thread

What bus can i get from Glasgow City Centre to the IMAX theatre?

First Bus numbers 9, 54 and 56 go along Paisley Road West, which is the nearest main bus route. I think the Inner Circle services (89 and 90) go right past the Imax, but they don't go through the city centre.

I seem to remember a thread at some point which showed the total number of members on this site split by team they supported?

How do you find this out?

Post another 1000 or so times in the post whoring thread.

I totally forgot how to put YouTube videos into posts. Can I get reminded please? :)

The icon that looks like 3 photographs, hover your mouse over it and it says "insert media". Copy the YouTube url, click the 'insert media' and paste the url. Et voila.

The icon that looks like 3 photographs, hover your mouse over it and it says "insert media". Copy the YouTube url, click the 'insert media' and paste the url. Et voila.

That isn't working (for me, anyway). I thought you put youtube and /youtube (both enclosed in square brackets) either side of the url but that isn't working for me either. Maybe it's disabled? :unsure:

What is a reasonable sum to claim back off my company for mileage? I do a shit load of driving around for them and get f**k all apart from the odd tenner from petty cash for petrol. I was thinking around 35p a mile but don't want to rip the piss or at the same time undercharge them.

What is a reasonable sum to claim back off my company for mileage? I do a shit load of driving around for them and get f**k all apart from the odd tenner from petty cash for petrol. I was thinking around 35p a mile but don't want to rip the piss or at the same time undercharge them.

There are inland revenue recommended rates, dependant on engine size and whether it's petrol or diesel.

It's 25p at my place if you're using your own car, but 40p if you're in the cash allowance in place of company car scheme, for the first 3,000 miles pa then down to 25p (but you can claim the difference back from HMRC).

For company cars it varies between 10p and 14p per mile.

It's not just your petrol you're using, technically, but it will contribute to wear and tear etc, hence why the amount is higher for your own car.

Dunno if any of that helps, I'd go with 35p if you get away with it, but be prepared to drop to 25p.

There are inland revenue recommended rates, dependant on engine size and whether it's petrol or diesel.

It's 25p at my place if you're using your own car, but 40p if you're in the cash allowance in place of company car scheme, for the first 3,000 miles pa then down to 25p (but you can claim the difference back from HMRC).

For company cars it varies between 10p and 14p per mile.

It's not just your petrol you're using, technically, but it will contribute to wear and tear etc, hence why the amount is higher for your own car.

Dunno if any of that helps, I'd go with 35p if you get away with it, but be prepared to drop to 25p.

Cool, thanks. It's my own car, a 1.4l petrol engine. I will put forward 35p and see how I get on, happy enough to get anything though!

Good Lord that's just confused me further. Looks like out of the 40p a mile I claim back from HMRC I only get 8p of it (the tax...?), so to me it looks like I'd be best to claim whatever I can from my work and then the rest from HMRC.

I'm going to PM Skyline Drifter, he'll be able to tell me what to do.