Quick Question Thread

You can still get cheap day returns outside Strathclyde aye? I'm looking for a CDR from Barrhill to Stranraer for Saturday on Scotrail but it ain't showing up.

Unless there's 2 Barrhills, I've found a return for £12.10. Or does that not constitute 'cheap'?

There are inland revenue recommended rates, dependant on engine size and whether it's petrol or diesel.

It's 25p at my place if you're using your own car, but 40p if you're in the cash allowance in place of company car scheme, for the first 3,000 miles pa then down to 25p (but you can claim the difference back from HMRC).

For company cars it varies between 10p and 14p per mile.

It's not just your petrol you're using, technically, but it will contribute to wear and tear etc, hence why the amount is higher for your own car.

Dunno if any of that helps, I'd go with 35p if you get away with it, but be prepared to drop to 25p.

Have gotten all of this sorted out and I am now claiming 40p a mile back from the company :D Should be a nice wee top up to my wages each month.

A question for the fashionistas out there.

I am looking to buy a new shirt, in bright fluorescent pink (i.e. luminous highlighter pink). However, I can't exactly find one in Primark, and the internet doesn't seem to be helping much...does anyone know of any shop or website where luminous clothing can be bought?

A question for the fashionistas out there.

I am looking to buy a new shirt, in bright fluorescent pink (i.e. luminous highlighter pink). However, I can't exactly find one in Primark, and the internet doesn't seem to be helping much...does anyone know of any shop or website where luminous clothing can be bought?

Try outofthecloset.com

If you were to fall in love with someone mentally handicap and wheelchair bound but they seemed to have the same feelings from what you gathered - would you still get locked up for having sex with them? I'm not talking a proper full on mentally handicap person, just very slow but are able to string a sentence together and what have you.

I'd always imagine you'd get done for it - but is it right to take away sexual encounters from these people even though they might want it?

P.S. I'm not in love with someone, i'm just curious.....

If you were to fall in love with someone mentally handicap and wheelchair bound but they seemed to have the same feelings from what you gathered - would you still get locked up for having sex with them? I'm not talking a proper full on mentally handicap person, just very slow but are able to string a sentence together and what have you.

I'd always imagine you'd get done for it - but is it right to take away sexual encounters from these people even though they might want it?

Wheels has really got to you!

Ahhh, did you see him leave the other day in a blaze of glory?

I mean the same physical ability of wheels - but nowhere near as sharp as he is.

I think it would come down to their ability to give informed consent. I doubt there's a "one size fits all" thing. It would have to work on an individual basis, each person's level of ability (or otherwise) being different.

I think it would come down to their ability to give informed consent. I doubt there's a "one size fits all" thing. It would have to work on an individual basis, each person's level of ability (or otherwise) being different.

This is pretty much on the nail. It comes down to the question of whether or not they are deemed to have the "capacity" to consent to it. Capacity can be diminished by age, if someone is mentally handicapped, or if (for example) another external event prevents them from making an informed decision (e.g. being drugged reduces capacity, but getting rat arsed doesn't). Ultimately though, if someone fully appreciates the context and consequences of consent and is of a sufficiently stable frame of mind to be able to make an informed decision, (and actively rather than passively consents) the sexual partner would be unlikely to be charged with rape/indecent assault.

Edited by Ad Lib

See when you chop fresh hot chillies and get the juice on your fingers, is there are sure fire way of getting if off?

It seems no matter how much I wash my hands afterwards my fingers still sting a bit because of the juice and if I get it in a sensitive place like my eyes it hurts like feck even after about 20 washes.

Someone I used to work with was going out with a mentally handicapped girl. They even got engaged. The first time they had sex though, the girl told her mum, who went mental and ordered her to call off the engagement. So she did. Seems a bit harsh.

See when you chop fresh hot chillies and get the juice on your fingers, is there are sure fire way of getting if off?

It seems no matter how much I wash my hands afterwards my fingers still sting a bit because of the juice and if I get it in a sensitive place like my eyes it hurts like feck even after about 20 washes.

Rub with salt. You can use a bit of water to lubricate. Finish off with a rinse in milk and wash with soap and water. If that still doesn’t work, soak your hand in a strong alcoholic beverage for minutes. The salt scrapes off the chilli stuck to your skin, the milk and soap and alcohol dissolve what little is left.

Or wear disposable latex gloves when chopping chillis :ph34r: